MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: where do you ride?
Track Only 15 12.10%
Street Only 38 30.65%
more track - little street (cant give up the street) 25 20.16%
more street - little track (cant forget the track) 38 30.65%
dont ride, i just sit and type from behind the desk 8 6.45%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #21
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david75 View Post
You always do.

I find street to be more challenging than track. Track, once you go around a few times you know the layout and how each curve plays out so you can push it. The street is never for sure so you have to pay attention to everything.
You are definitely not riding hard enough at the track....

Try pushing yourself to beat your personal best time...

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Congressional "March Madness" Poll Thermalser The Circus 4 04-01-2010 11:29 AM
CBS posts "white voters only" poll..... Mr. Unassailable The Circus 24 11-04-2008 11:10 AM
When you made your street bike "TRACK ONLY" why did u buy track/race body work? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 51 10-17-2008 01:19 PM
Poll: "SQUID" as Defined by MH FlipSideUp General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 10-04-2007 05:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #22
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Track or Street "POLL"

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
the last year has been track only. I still have a couple of street bikes but they have not been riden in a long time. For about a year and a half now I have been just doing track, TMGP and trackdays.
The last time i rode street farther than a central meet was to Motorcycles Unlimited and back to have tires put on the cbr.
My harley and my cbr both have expired inspection stickers.
I will gladly take the hard task of riding your street bikes for you. I know its a hard job to do but i am up for the task.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #23
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Havent tracked since I sold the ninja. Now its strictly street. And I agree with Solracer. After tracking a few times my street riding chilled. It just makes you more aware of things you didnt see before. Makes you a better and safer rider. IMO.

Sunday Rider try it out . Everyone can gain valuable knowledge by doing trackdays. Look for a newb trackday. No pressures. Its not about racing. Its about learning about your bike, your limits and yourself..
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #24
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

Track only for me. Between the track, TMGP, and motocross, I dont have time to ride the street. Ill probably ride the street again eventually, but right now Im too hooked to track riding. Maybe if I lived in Cali and could ride some canyons.
QUICKGIXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
Havent tracked since I sold the ninja. Now its strictly street. And I agree with Solracer. After tracking a few times my street riding chilled. It just makes you more aware of things you didnt see before. Makes you a better and safer rider. IMO.

Sunday Rider try it out . Everyone can gain valuable knowledge by doing trackdays. Look for a newb trackday. No pressures. Its not about racing. Its about learning about your bike, your limits and yourself..
been thinking about the California Superbike School for a long time now, maybe whenever i visit my brother next time i will sign up for it.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #26
j_e_hurst
Josh

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

I love the track and being able to push me and the bike all out. You can't do that on the street. Its to dangerous and tickets add up. I'll never give up street riding though. I can hop on the bike anytime and go wherever I want whenever I want. Can ride for an hour or all day. Commuting saves money by not driving the gas guzzling Ford truck I have. I wish I could ride more track but sometimes I don't have the time and I'm definitely lacking in the financial part of it. Track gets expensive. Wish I could do more because there's nothing that comes close to the feeling you get pushing everything you've got at the track.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #27
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Two completely different things for me. Track to improve on cornering skills to help on the street. Street ride is fun because the view is constantly changing. Unlike track, the same circles over and over again.
If I had $500 and had to choose between spending at track vs taking a 2 wheel trip to some fun roads. I would choose the fun roads. This is because I ride my bike for relaxing more than sport.

Track is more of a training ground for me.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #28
351fox
BRAWP BRAWP

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

06 gsxr 750

Nothing beats the feeling of riding and being able to push it at the track with no cars and minimal hazards, but it is nice to go out and screw around on back-roads every now and then too. If I could afford to ride at the track every weekend I could easily see myself giving up street riding though.
351fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #29
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fox View Post
Nothing beats the feeling of riding and being able to push it at the track with no cars and minimal hazards, but it is nice to go out and screw around on back-roads every now and then too. If I could afford to ride at the track every weekend I could easily see myself giving up street riding though.
I think this is "most" people's problem with giving up the street. Most love trackdays yet they can only afford to ride once a month at the track. So you don't get that much time on the bike so you go ride on the steet.

Almost everytime people talk about the track the "money" problem eventually pops up.

So the real question is. If you could ride track every weekend, pay for your tires, pay for fuel, pay for all the upkeep without hurting the bank. Then could you give up the street? I know I did.
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #30
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392 View Post
I think this is "most" people's problem with giving up the street. Most love trackdays yet they can only afford to ride once a month at the track. So you don't get that much time on the bike so you go ride on the steet.

Almost everytime people talk about the track the "money" problem eventually pops up.

So the real question is. If you could ride track every weekend, pay for your tires, pay for fuel, pay for all the upkeep without hurting the bank. Then could you give up the street? I know I did.
In a heartbeat
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #31
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
I have been a 100% street rider and was open to the idea of racing or doing track days but recent incidents has changed my point of view a lot, now i think there are a lot more risks involved than i first thought, and at my age it is just not worth the risk at all.

I am looking into other options such as a smaller and more private track day where most of the riders at the track are close friends so in case something happen at least we know that the support and help is there.

You should look at Whoops days, there are normally only about 8- 10 riders .

After tearing up the track for a while now Id really like to get some type of HD to just cruise around with the wife on back, she really enjoys riding also but over the years a sportbike seat has gotten smaller and smaller and me faster and faster, and I dont feel the need to go so fast on the street anymore also.

Last edited by 1FC; 02-27-2013 at 03:31 PM.
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

I would love to do both; but can only afford to do 1. The bulk of my disposable income goes to taking my wife on vacations; since it's half her money that pays for my bike hobby. Now, Obed brought up an intriguing solution last week! TMGP! I know absolutley nothing about it; but could be an option later on down the road for me.
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #33
GigAg04
Chicken Stripper

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 50th Anniversary R6
2006 R6 (Track)
2007 FZ1
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Track only as of recently. Moving to Houston will put me farther from good backroads, and we just had kid #2 so the idea of safer, more controlled riding is definitely more appealing. I plan to track day it for this year as much as I can, and maybe pursue a CMRA license next year.
GigAg04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #34
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FC View Post
You should look at Whoops days, there are normally only about 8- 10 riders .

After tearing up the track for a while now Id really like to get some type of HD to just cruise around with the wife on back, she really enjoys riding also but over the years a sportbike seat has gotten smaller and smaller and me faster and faster, and I dont feel the need to go so fast on the street anymore also.
8-10 would the the perfect size but i thought Whoops day was for advanced riders only.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #35
j_e_hurst
Josh

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:

Good point Mike! If money wasn't an issue I would still ride street. The majority of my time would be spent on the track though. Probably 90% track 10% street.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #36
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
In a heartbeat
Exactly the answer I expected.
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
Old 02-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #37
CUZ
Wheelie Man

Bike(s):
09 ninja 250

Quote:

no...
I think riding a bike is not all about going fast & dragging knee.

But enjoying a different way of transportation instead of a car.
You simply will not get the same reward riding down the seawall than DRIVING down the seawall.
That freedom is just not there in a car.

Take That Dive
CUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #38
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUZ View Post
no...
I think riding a bike is not all about going fast & dragging knee.

But enjoying a different way of transportation instead of a car.
You simply will not get the same reward riding down the seawall than DRIVING down the seawall.
That freedom is just not there in a car.
Have you ever dragged your knee? So how would you know?

Just poking at you ^
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #39
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I am not a very regular street rider, but I'll never be able to give up the road trips to new places to experience the world on two wheels. It's just how I like to travel. Track may be heaven, but if I don't get out on two in the real world I go stir crazy.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #40
CUZ
Wheelie Man

Bike(s):
09 ninja 250

Quote:
Have you ever dragged your knee? So how would you know?

Just poking at you ^
Yes I have ask Ryan

Take That Dive
CUZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement