MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #41
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
read #10:laughing6
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do people driving in the passing lane at 55 annoy you ?? Scottie The Circus 30 04-15-2011 03:18 PM
One way to annoy the neighbors... Ulric Off Topic 8 08-12-2010 07:38 AM
To harrass and annoy... SFT2 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 07-22-2008 07:41 AM
Magazine for squids by squids? jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 08-23-2006 08:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #42
ownage
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #43
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 03-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #44
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

10. Squid
29 up, 26 down

95 % of Gixxer "thugs"

That dumbass gixxer rider is wearing sandals, shorts, and a tee. He's gonna rip his skin off when he crashes.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #45
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
number 11 is like us lol
shut up tweaky. :laughing6
Old 03-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #46
JaYRillo
aRe JoO sErIoUs?

Send a message via AIM to JaYRillo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scot
Somewhat of a fair response BUT dont you get upset to hear about bikers going down, then even more frustrated to hear it was down with no gear and died. And don't you get frustrated when LEO's target 2 wheels because of the large majority of those that give us a bad rep. And what about when a squid loses it and takes out 3 or more then stands up without insurance?And if you truly love bikes and riding then you must surely respect these arn't "toys" and can and have been "killing machines"

C'mom man if it just affected them and nobody else I would agree with your statement - but your statement is !

But hey it's just my 2 cents and it's my problem to deal with right?

Or we can all help raise the bar and encourage others to take responsibility.

i dont give a rats if a biker goes down. all my boys wear gear so if they go down its because they were riding out of there capabilities. who the said i dont respect my bike. i respect it to the fullest, i see idiots every wed night at asi that shouldnt be there, but your not gonna see me go tell him hey you shouldnt be here. i dont know if its just me but to each his own.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #47
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 03-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #48
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 03-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #49
JaYRillo
aRe JoO sErIoUs?

Send a message via AIM to JaYRillo
Quote:
lol you called it last night:notworthy

lol yea. it was awesome.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #50
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
tweaky?
read # 11 thoroughly.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #51
knee_dragger

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

I'm throwing all my gear away!
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:34 PM   #52
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by knee_dragger
I'm throwing all my gear away!
squid.^
Old 03-01-2007, 06:50 PM   #53
05cbreezy636
lean with it

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
05 636 track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scot
If your a squid Fuc( off!

If you want to know what qualifies you as a squid you already are one!

Squids are embarassing to real sport bike riders and need to grow up or hand their keys over!

If you are a squid you are a !

(this all came about after riding last night and seeing just on 2 wheels eveywhere. It's frustating as !)
im with ya man. they ride for all the wrong reasons.
05cbreezy636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #54
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Speaking of Squids~
Several months ago I started to write "Mala's Squid Manifesto" since there really needs to be some classification and distinction made regarding all the forms in which squids appear. I didn't finish the thing, but as a result I found the following info and thought it was cool:

"The Vampire squid, Vampyroteuthis infernalis (Chun, 1903), which translates to "vampire squid from ", is the only known member of the Order Vampyromorphida, the seventh order in the Class Cephalopoda."

A Nifty Pic:
http://www.lifesci.ucsb.edu/~biolum/...res/vampy.html
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #55
mightymouse1

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

i still consider myself new to this thing.i've been riding since july on a slingshot 750.looking at some of the meanings of a squid,i guess i'm one.i strongly believe riding within your skill level/comfort zone. i do not come to a complete stop or snails pace in curves,but i do slow down on curves.i do like to sometimes take it up to 120 ish on a straight with no traffic.i wear gear90% of the time.helmet,jeans, and gloves 100%.the only time i don't wear a jacket is when it's a heat index of 105 or something crazy.at that point i stay indoors anyway most of the time.i do like bikes that look clean.don't matter if it's chromed out,polished or stock.if i had/have the money,i would do it too.wanting your bike to look good does not make you a squid imo.

squid to me,experience or not.full gear or not.anyone doing anything illegal that can kill them or someone else on a motorcycle.cruiser or sport bike.example wheelies,stoppies,or stunting on the hwy.go to a parking lot or closed course.harley guys trying to show off in front of a sportbike or do sportbike handling skills on a cruiser.wearing no gear is stupid,but so is alot of stuff in the world far worse.like smoking crack.all you people worried about people wearing no gear,stop them and talk your to them,instead of coming on a message board.they probbaly smack you like the crack head would for telling him not to smoke crack.
mightymouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #56
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse1
i still consider myself new to this thing.i've been riding since july on a slingshot 750.

squid to me,experience or not.full gear or not.anyone doing anything illegal that can kill them or someone else on a motorcycle.cruiser or sport bike.example wheelies,stoppies,or stunting on the hwy.

:laughing6

plenty of guys on the freeway can probably wheelie the whole time and ride safer/faster than you on the straight and around corners.

you were right on the riding within your limits.. but just bc a guy is up on one doesnt mean it is dangerous. the squids that dont know what they are doing up on one... you will know them bc they will be laying on their sides. the guys that are carrying out 2 mile wheelies changing lanes, slowing down, speeding up, using the blinker all while up on one.. they are being safe.. with style. :notworthy
Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #57
mightymouse1

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2006 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
:laughing6

plenty of guys on the freeway can probably wheelie the whole time and ride safer/faster than you on the straight and around corners.

you were right on the riding within your limits.. but just bc a guy is up on one doesnt mean it is dangerous. the squids that dont know what they are doing up on one... you will know them bc they will be laying on their sides. the guys that are carrying out 2 mile wheelies changing lanes, slowing down, speeding up, using the blinker all while up on one.. they are being safe.. with style. :notworthy
that all good with me lol!!! i ride because i like feeling of being on a bike.doing all that stuff on the hwy. imo annoys the cagers and at the same time just plain dumb,imo.like i tell my group.you guys maybe able to weave in and out of traffic at high rates of speed,i'll get to where we are all going safely at my pace.i prefer to ride with a small group(about 4)and we are all avg. around 80-90mph. and not weaving in and out.that's the way i ride.i plan on seeing 33 next year.so am i a squid for knocking wheelies and stunts on the hwy??? i admit i can't and don't care to know how to do these things.i just like to ride.if i want to do twisties at 90-100mph,i'll jump in my mr2 lol!!!
mightymouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:58 PM   #58
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse1
that all good with me lol!!! i ride because i like feeling of being on a bike.doing all that stuff on the hwy. imo annoys the cagers and at the same time just plain dumb,imo.like i tell my group.you guys maybe able to weave in and out of traffic at high rates of speed,i'll get to where we are all going safely at my pace.i prefer to ride with a small group(about 4)and we are all avg. around 80-90mph. and not weaving in and out.that's the way i ride.i plan on seeing 33 next year.so am i a squid for knocking wheelies and stunts on the hwy??? i admit i can't and don't care to know how to do these things.i just like to ride.if i want to do twisties at 90-100mph,i'll jump in my mr2 lol!!!
very well put presentation.

I ride for the same reason.

but i also like to stunt, but my stunt bike is not street legal. :eh: so i keep it in the lot. nothing to squidly about you.

oh and ya.. it annoys the out of the cagers.:laughing6
Old 03-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #59
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"but just bc a guy is up on one doesnt mean it is dangerous."
"the guys that are carrying out 2 mile wheelies changing lanes, slowing down, speeding up, using the blinker all while up on one.. they are being safe.. with style. "

Doing stunts, on an open road in traffic is neither safe, nor intelligent.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #60
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Advertisement