MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
R3CLINED4544

Feedback Rating: (0)

Can anybody run a VIN for me?

Im about to trade for a bike without a title, its a long story, but before i do i just want to make sure there are no leans on the bike nor that it is stolen...

If you can check it please post here! I would greatly appreciate it, it will be my first bike and I don't want to run into any problems registering it. I will explain the story once somebody comments.

Thank you in advance
Jack
R3CLINED4544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
could someone run a vin? Japawhat02 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 06-07-2014 04:47 PM
can some one run a vin for me? Jerzey General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 04-19-2010 11:49 PM
VIN Help: Can someone please run a bike's VIN for me? hotnanas General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-18-2009 03:56 PM
can someone run this VIN for me? Din General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 09-25-2007 06:06 PM
vin vin please run this vin..... infidel General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-04-2007 09:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Not worth the hassle. Find something else.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
R3CLINED4544

Im getting the bike through trading my old rims and tires for it.. its worth the hassle i just need to make sure there are no leans and that its not stolen

Its a friends dad who is trading me thats why it seems to good to be true.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Honestly probably not worth it like the guy above said. You mentioned you don't want to run into any problems when registering and you definitely would. I have a sticky posted on the bikes for sale forum with some better info but if you post up the actual details we may be able to better assist you.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
ninenine
cmra expert

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
Not worth the hassle. Find something else.
Fwiw, half the bikes at the track don't have titles. So to just jump in this thread and say (not worth the hassle) is kinda off. You don't know his plans for the bike. Don't want to argue because this is not what this thread is for. If you have a problem send me pm.

Back to point.

Op, I'm sure someone on here can run a vin for you. Just be patient.

Goodluck and welcome to mh
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
j_e_hurst
Josh

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by 392 View Post
Fwiw, half the bikes at the track don't have titles. So to just jump in this thread and say (not worth the hassle) is kinda off. You don't know his plans for the bike. Don't want to argue because this is not what this thread is for. If you have a problem send me pm.

Back to point.

Op, I'm sure someone on here can run a vin for you. Just be patient.

Goodluck and welcome to mh
Your right, but most of them either come from trusted sellers or never get transferred after their bought because it's not all that important. This just didn't seem like it fell under that category. And "don't want to argue"
Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
R3CLINED4544

392 Thank you I appreciate the boost of confidence!

Okay, Here is the story.

My friends dad (we will call him Bob) received a bike in boxes. His friend (Tom) gave Bob the pieces and told him to reassemble it and replace the blown motor. Bob fixed the bike and replaced the motor and called the guy only to find out he was locked up in Jail.... years pass and Tom gets out of Jail. Bob continues to call him and Tom refuses to answer or pick up the bike. It has been in Bob's garage for 6 years now gathering dust and taking up space. Bob wants it gone and happened to just get a new project car that has the same bolt pattern as my old rims. He accepted the trade. We have not done the deal yet because both he and I want to check the VIN first.

The bike a 2001 Yamaha R1... The only thing its missing is the Carbs and fairings.

After i replace the carbs either my friend is going to buy it off of me with no title and make it a drag bike or im going to trade my cousin for his zx6r.

Also Tom apparently NEVER registered the bike.. however i do no know if it is true or not. Im guessing a VIN check would bring that up?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
R3CLINED4544

Sorry if its hard to read :X i meant to space it out a little bit. Also thank you everyone for commenting on this, atleast letting me know im being heard lol I hate talking to myself.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

You can try this, if it's stolen It will let you know.

https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
Your right, but most of them either come from trusted sellers or never get transferred after their bought because it's not all that important. This just didn't seem like it fell under that category. And "don't want to argue"
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #11
j_e_hurst
Josh

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3CLINED4544 View Post

Okay, Here is the story.

My friends dad (we will call him Bob) received a bike in boxes. His friend (Tom) gave Bob the pieces and told him to reassemble it and replace the blown motor. Bob fixed the bike and replaced the motor and called the guy only to find out he was locked up in Jail.... years pass and Tom gets out of Jail. Bob continues to call him and Tom refuses to answer or pick up the bike. It has been in Bob's garage for 6 years now gathering dust and taking up space. Bob wants it gone and happened to just get a new project car that has the same bolt pattern as my old rims. He accepted the trade. We have not done the deal yet because both he and I want to check the VIN first.

The bike a 2001 Yamaha R1... The only thing its missing is the Carbs and fairings.

After i replace the carbs either my friend is going to buy it off of me with no title and make it a drag bike or im going to trade my cousin for his zx6r.

Also Tom apparently NEVER registered the bike.. however i do no know if it is true or not. Im guessing a VIN check would bring that up?
Good luck man. The whole thing just sounds sketchy. Ya it's a trade off but it still sucks getting burned. Let us know how it turns out And welcome to MH
Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
R3CLINED4544

Joshua, thank you for the website I did not see any flags or anything saying it was stolen,

J_e_Hurst, Thank you I'm glad I can be here
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
DShaw1914
Big Man Rider

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 636 (sold)
07 Suzuki GSXR 600

hope all works out! welcome
Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
Bob_D
Clutch City

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R6

Welcome to the scene, hopefully everything works out for you.
Bob_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 AM   #15
R3CLINED4544

thanks for the welcomes everyone! I still am looking for anyone who can help me out with a VIN check!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #16
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Posting the actual VIN should speed up the process a bit.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #17
1HEALTHY750

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2000 GSXR 750
2002 BUSA (sold)
1993 HONDA CBR 600 (sold)
1994 HONDA CBR 900 (sold)
1992 HONDA CBR 1000 (sold)

When I bought mine I was the same way so I just called to PD dept and asked them I was planning on buying a used bike but not sure and they ran the vin
1HEALTHY750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
ELSpurgeO
Jeremy

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 R6
04 R6
02 R6
06 ZX10 *SOLD* 05 ZX636 *SOLD*
04 CBR1000RR *SOLD* 99 ZX9 *RIP*

Very simple easy way to do this. Call a title company and say you want a quote for a bonded title. They will ask for the vin and run it then and tell you if it is available for bond or not. That should give you the answer your looking for.
ELSpurgeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #19
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3CLINED4544 View Post

Okay, Here is the story.

Definitely sounds like its on the up and up. Sorry we jumped to conclusions. I think you and 392 should split the cost and go in on this excellent buy together.

I don't want to argue, that's not what this thread is for. So if you have an issue PM me.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #20
R3CLINED4544

I ran the VIN and found out it is not stolen I still do not know if there are any leans on the bike.. I also found out the last time the title was changed was in 2004? either it was the title or registration.

I also contacted a title company but am awaiting a reply.

I also posted the bike on CL just to see if anyone was willing to trade for a 600, preferably a zx6r or r6.

I could honestly part the bike out and most likely get at least $3,000 but I'm trying to have a bike for TX2K13 on march 13-17th

Advertisement