Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #441
Lucar
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,825

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





Neil.. if I was a mod..
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
------->> Noob Friendly Ride Sunday 9/28/14 <<------- Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 67 09-29-2014 11:41 AM
------->> Noob Friendly Ride Saturday 6/21/14 <<------- Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 60 06-21-2014 06:13 PM
C ------>>Noob Friendly Ride Sunday 5/4/14<<------ Bevo Events, Meets and Rides 108 05-06-2014 09:12 AM
YO ZX14 PPL<<<<< CLICK HERE >>>>> evobusa7 Off Topic 21 05-29-2009 03:49 PM
<<<<free Carfax History reports here>>>> biotches Petro Off Topic 6 05-24-2006 06:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #442
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Where is the video?

Come on, I know you guys had gopros
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #443
TMAX
Forever MODERATE
 
TMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cy-Fair
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,976

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6






Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
Neil.. if I was a mod..
?

no use in bashing the kid, i'm sure he already is literally, and his bike.
TMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #444
bluepine
Senior Member
 
bluepine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,255












Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
This was my response to his comment

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...&postcount=152


Kid just kept going on and on and on. I wasn't hoping he would go down, but the way he kept talking I just knew he was setting himself up for a rude awakening.

Tried advising and warning him.
Oh ! you scare me Ivan!!
You are more accurate than Nostradamus with predictions!!
End up in the ditch.. LOL!!!!
__________________
bluepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #445
Lucar
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,825

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





And that's the reason for noob rides combining our powers, to keep these guys out of the ditches and on 2 wheels
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #446
Halen
Suerte O Muerte
 
Halen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston .:. TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 377

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 BMW S1000rr
2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore
2001 Yamaha Champions Edition R6
2004 Honda NSR50

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
And that's the reason for noob rides combining our powers, to keep these guys out of the ditches and on 2 wheels
Not all riders are noobs that do their first MotoHouston ride. With that said I believe in the rule that all new riders to the group should ride in a "new" group. This allows them to get acquainted with the other riders around them and those existing riders to learn about the new person. While I've been riding for over 30 years, I have ZERO desire to push myself into the first group. You couple limited time over the past few years out riding, needing to re-learn the roads, a new bike, and riding with people I've not ridden with -- I believe it's as much for my safety as those around me (and I have track days, road and dirt racing in my past). Sadly not everybody shares my philosophy and some lessons are learned the hard way.

Being fast and smooth comes with time in the saddle and a willingness to learn. That's one of the reason I enjoy group rides (beyond track days and racing). I've long held that people who ride motorcycles are good folks. Every once and a while you'll run into some nit wit who thinks they're the next Rossi, or simply has a disregard for safety. The only way to avoid those situations is to not ride with them. It's that simply.
Halen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #447
Joecango
Yes, its fast!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 177

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 GSXR 1k
'97 HD Lowrider








Quote:
Originally Posted by Halen View Post
Not all riders are noobs that do their first MotoHouston ride. With that said I believe in the rule that all new riders to the group should ride in a "new" group. This allows them to get acquainted with the other riders around them and those existing riders to learn about the new person. While I've been riding for over 30 years, I have ZERO desire to push myself into the first group. You couple limited time over the past few years out riding, needing to re-learn the roads, a new bike, and riding with people I've not ridden with -- I believe it's as much for my safety as those around me (and I have track days, road and dirt racing in my past). Sadly not everybody shares my philosophy and some lessons are learned the hard way.

Being fast and smooth comes with time in the saddle and a willingness to learn. That's one of the reason I enjoy group rides (beyond track days and racing). I've long held that people who ride motorcycles are good folks. Every once and a while you'll run into some nit wit who thinks they're the next Rossi, or simply has a disregard for safety. The only way to avoid those situations is to not ride with them. It's that simply.
Well said, I also have 30+ years of riding and have learned the hard way on 3 occasions just where my limits were. I don't do too many group rides because of the fact that there is always the one that wants to show everyone the new trick he learned or just how fast his bike is or just how many cages he can annoy. I use to HAVE to ride back when all I had was a bike so now I GET to ride and I want that one or two days a week that I get on the bikes to be all about enjoying the day, the ride and some good times with good people. I like how the ride leaders on these rides take charge and know that there are riders that need seat time and advice and are so willing to give it. I look forward to getting the time to make one of these rides now that I see how structured they are and the quality of the ride leaders on them. I don't like the feeling of watching an ambulance drive away from whats left of a bike much less being in the back of it( been there done that). I also still like pushing the limits but I know the time and place and people that I can do that with also.Maybe one day I can work up the ranks to get out with the young bucks and act up a little. Being called a noob is really gonna me off though but I guess I gotta outgrow that title!
Joecango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #448
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecango View Post
Well said, I also have 30+ years of riding and have learned the hard way on 3 occasions just where my limits were. I don't do too many group rides because of the fact that there is always the one that wants to show everyone the new trick he learned or just how fast his bike is or just how many cages he can annoy. I use to HAVE to ride back when all I had was a bike so now I GET to ride and I want that one or two days a week that I get on the bikes to be all about enjoying the day, the ride and some good times with good people. I like how the ride leaders on these rides take charge and know that there are riders that need seat time and advice and are so willing to give it. I look forward to getting the time to make one of these rides now that I see how structured they are and the quality of the ride leaders on them. I don't like the feeling of watching an ambulance drive away from whats left of a bike much less being in the back of it( been there done that). I also still like pushing the limits but I know the time and place and people that I can do that with also.Maybe one day I can work up the ranks to get out with the young bucks and act up a little. Being called a noob is really gonna me off though but I guess I gotta outgrow that title!
Well, there's a reason my name NewRider....always learning.

Look for HalfFast nooks rides that will be coming.
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #449
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!
 
Rykoson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,305

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street


Member Garage


Forever noob!!
__________________
Ryan S. CMRA # 915
sigpic17258 1
...what doesn't Kill you only makes you stronger!!! "Live Now"
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #450
Lucar
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,825

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





Dont just count me out son..
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #451
khoazilla
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 223

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06 zx6r









i am the best noobiest noob that you can find around here ! Ryan, heal fast so you can lead another ride like the one that you, addiction and me did a while back
khoazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #452
Halen
Suerte O Muerte
 
Halen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston .:. TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 377

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 BMW S1000rr
2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
2008 Ducati Monster S4RS Tricolore
2001 Yamaha Champions Edition R6
2004 Honda NSR50

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecango View Post
Being called a noob is really gonna me off though but I guess I gotta outgrow that title!
I just roll my eyes and smirk when I watch that comment dolled out. It's irrelevant to me.
Halen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #453
Joecango
Yes, its fast!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 177

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 GSXR 1k
'97 HD Lowrider








Quote:
Originally Posted by Halen View Post
I just roll my eyes and smirk when I watch that comment dolled out. It's irrelevant to me.
I know what you mean,it doesn't really me off because I know Im not a noob but I am at the bottom of the totem pole on MH.If Im gonna ride with the members here I have to gain some trust and earn my stripes. I would do the same if I was a Vet here. I look forward to getting out to one of the meets and having a drink with some of the ride leaders and members before I get on one of the rides though. Its always good to get to know the people that your'e riding with.
Joecango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #454
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,386

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




&gt;&gt;&gt; Sunday Morning March 3 Noob Ride (Sunday Ride 101) &lt;&lt;&lt;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecango View Post
I know what you mean,it doesn't really me off because I know Im not a noob but I am at the bottom of the totem pole on MH.If Im gonna ride with the members here I have to gain some trust and earn my stripes. I would do the same if I was a Vet here. I look forward to getting out to one of the meets and having a drink with some of the ride leaders and members before I get on one of the rides though. Its always good to get to know the people that your'e riding with.
Come out to the central meet tomorrow!
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #455
khoazilla
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 223

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06 zx6r









Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Where is the video?

Come on, I know you guys had gopros
Sorry Ivan. My go pro totally failed on me. So no video on my part.
khoazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #456
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by khoazilla View Post
Sorry Ivan. My go pro totally failed on me. So no video on my part.
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #457
Joecango
Yes, its fast!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 177

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 GSXR 1k
'97 HD Lowrider








Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Come out to the central meet tomorrow!
I would like to make it bro, but these 7-12s on nights have me booked up for another 3 weeks. The one good thing is that I get some good MH drama to read up on while I'm on nights. I'm definately gonna make a meet and great for sure when I get off them though because I need to put some names with faces now. It was very entertaining last night and today so far.
Joecango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #458
j_e_hurst
Josh
 
j_e_hurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,251

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Think it was a he....this is the post from fb
2013 03 03 19 06 32 zps4ad73de3
2013 03 03 19 09 43 zps6cc4528b
2013 03 03 19 06 23 zps8bb59119

When Hursts said 650 I almost automatically knew...

It's the one that kept asking to go fast and saying Noob speed wasn't his thing and blah blah blah...

Hard way to learn a lesson...

I had a bad feeling when he signed up on the ride. I asked what his experience was and told him what kind of pace we were going to be riding at. Told him to ride at his own pace and we would wait on anyone if we needed to. My sweeper told me he was pushing to hard and was lacking skill to ride at that pace. He was going to have me talk to him when we stopped for a break but that happened less than 30 miles into the ride. Afterwards he said he was in over his head and should've went on the noob ride. Feel bad for the guy but he shouldn't have been there.
__________________
JoshSigpic zps240ea710
j_e_hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #459
Lucar
Senior Member
 
Lucar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,825

Experience: 10+ years






Member Garage





I hope he has full coverage and learned his lesson
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #460
greaselightnin
Senior Member
 
greaselightnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring, tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 432

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
03 gsxr 600(stolen)
honda xr 100 (sold)
07 cbr 1000


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecango View Post
I know what you mean,it doesn't really me off because I know Im not a noob but I am at the bottom of the totem pole on MH.If Im gonna ride with the members here I have to gain some trust and earn my stripes. I would do the same if I was a Vet here. I look forward to getting out to one of the meets and having a drink with some of the ride leaders and members before I get on one of the rides though. Its always good to get to know the people that your'e riding with.
All bs aside if u have been riding for a while and maybe even not long I respect anybody that can ride whether theyre noobs on here or not I would gladly learn from anyone. Im ready to go on my first noob ride now and meet some people. How bout I buy a round fpr everyone and have some fun..
__________________
twist your wrist til you smell sh*t or see
greaselightnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy