MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #61
SafetyLimiter

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
That's 3090 up to 4:02, then Racer's Road South after
Thanks, ill definitely take a ride out there when I get back home.
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pilot Power 3 Review (Not Mine) tustah General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 06-30-2013 11:08 AM
Pilot Power 3's now in stock Luke Motorcycles Unlimited 1 02-15-2013 09:57 AM
Michelin Pilot Power wesleh General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 07-14-2011 04:44 PM
pilot power vs pilot power 2ct setup Chubby Racer Taking it to the Track 18 07-01-2009 10:59 AM
Michelin Pilot Power OR Pilot Power 2ct AggieCBR Performance and Modifications 31 05-04-2007 10:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #62
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Anyone with the Power 3 that has ridden on the Q2?

I was looking hard at the Pures, but read too many reports where peeps on heavier bikes/throttle thought they squirmed a bit. I didn't care for the rear PP 2CT when it got abused and hot.. way too greasy. So if the PP3 is the same or close compounds, I guess I'll pass.

I always liked the PP profile, but I sure do like the grip of the Q2..
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #63
pinball
I got slow

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Thread bump. I have PP3's on my VStrom 1k and most of my miles are commuting. The first time I really got to test them was the Deal's Gap trip at the end of May. I had a little over 1000 miles on them at the start of the trip, and they still looked brand new. I run 36 f/r for commuting but dropped them to 32 f/r for the Gap. They stuck like glue, and the only time the rear stepped out on me was when I got on the yellow line mid-turn. After 800 miles of pretty hard riding in near constant turns, the tires showed no noticeable signs of wear. Got back to Houston, bumped them up to 36 f/r again, and got back to my daily commuting (at least 200 miles a week).

I went on a hill country ride this weekend, and when I put the bike on the trailer to head out Friday I had about 6k miles on the tires. Sides still looked new and the center was at least 50% (probably closer to 60%). 550 miles in two days of spirited hill country riding destroyed what was left of the center of the rear tire. I was down to the wear indicator before the ride was even over on day two. I'm chalking this up to the ridiculously rough road surfaces out there. The only real indication of wear on the sides was feathering in the treads. Oh...I was running 34 f/r in the hill country. The rear only stepped out twice on me out there. Once, I got on the yellow stripe again, and the other time I found some gravel. Each time it stepped out I was hard on the throttle. I'd roll off just a touch and the tire would bite like crazy again.

My overall assessment is that these tires are great. I will be replacing my rear with another PP3 this week. I think that I would have gotten at least another 3k out of the rear if I hadn't gone to play in the hills. I think that 600/750 riders will get more life out of this tire than I did, but I believe a liter bike in the hill country would chew through it faster than my V-twin did.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #64
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Another indicator of how sticky they are: I can shift into second mid turn while hard on the throttle, lift the front about an inch while leaned over and the rear won't slip.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #65
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
Another indicator of how sticky they are: I can shift into second mid turn while hard on the throttle, lift the front about an inch while leaned over and the rear won't slip.
nice...Yes! hill country roads are in real bad shape ...super rough..

i rode davids bike with the same tires...was 2 up and coming into a corner i down shifted and the tire slid big time...could have been his soft suspension setup or air pressure was low..

I am currently using PR2's and love them
Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #66
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
nice...Yes! hill country roads are in real bad shape ...super rough..

i rode davids bike with the same tires...was 2 up and coming into a corner i down shifted and the tire slid big time...could have been his soft suspension setup or air pressure was low..

I am currently using PR2's and love them
Mine do that too, occasionally, but that has always been because I didn't blip to high enough RPMs before downshifting.

Advertisement