MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Katy Kart track practice rotation proceedures

I exchanged emails with John Bartos, the president of the katy kart club and got some input from him on our practice days out there...
a few points to make things go easier and to help him deal with the complainers and neighbors.
John likes it when we have a larger number of bikes out there together, it makes it easier for the kart riders to understand taking turns, they resent having to come off for just a couple of bikes much less than they do if there are more of us there... so he likes the practice sessions we have been having lately with 6 or more bikes..you can go anytime if you are a member but it makes it go smoother if there are more of us.
also as to the rotations... the karters have their own rotation rules and the junior karts are not supposed to be on the track at the same time as the really fast karts... so if we get out there and there are lots of karts, understand that the rotation may be 3 not just 2 sessions...
senior karts
junior karts
bikes.
He also wants to remind us that guests if you take them are welcome, but the guests are supposed to ride your bike and not their own bikes...
he understands that most of us who go have multiple bikes, so us riding at the same time as our guest is acceptable...but the bike the guest is on is yours (remember that if asked)...also that the reason for allowing guests to ride is to promote membership, not to give our buddies the opportunity to get free track time forever...
He also asked that we make sure to do what we can to reduce noise, as noise has become an issue with some of the new neighbors...we all run some kind of mufler so i do not see that as much of an issue for us. But we did have one of the neighbors call the cops at one of the last races last season...
he asked that we assist in policing ourselves and not to feel shy about asking to see membership cards if someone is there and their behavior or equipment does not seem right...
having access to track membership for $300 a year is a good deal and I appreciate John working with us.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Katy kart track this weekend? tsflstb Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 15 08-25-2014 02:37 PM
directions to katy kart track-TMGP obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 7 02-22-2013 07:48 AM
Anybody going to practice at Katy kart track? R6G35 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 6 08-25-2012 05:16 PM
Katy Kart track- who here are members? obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 7 07-20-2012 10:56 PM
Katy Kart Track ride Bagwell Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 08-14-2010 05:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

Thanks for posting this up Mike!!! Ita still crappy that these four wheeled homos keep complaining though!!! It would help our cause if we got more of us to get memberships. You should try running for the board sometime. It would be nice to be able to voice our opinions. Vanessa and I were out there last week and I was the only bike. The cart guys seemed friendly and willing to take turns. I guess the complainers only make up a small majority of them.
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Hector, you are right... most of the guys are easy to get along with and we do not often have any issues...it seems that there a just a couple of complainers, but those guys seem to complain all the time. I have yet to have them say anything to me directly, but they did go to John and the last time we were out there with a large group, John came over to me and asked to see my membership card and have me identify who went with which bikes... we were clean and within the rules and he went back to the complainers and told them we met the rules and they had to live with it...
I was told that once in the past, Patrick was out there, and it seems that none of the board members were there that day, so one of the complainers asked Patrick to show him his membership card, patrick did, and then asked to see his.. the karter did not have his card with him...kind of an oops...
like i said earlier, i have only been asked for my membership card twice, and had it with me both times... in fact it stays in my wallet..
back when i first started trying to get us together in numbers to practice, some folks said it was not a good idea, they thought it would draw too much attention and cause hard feelings... it seems that just the opposite is true, the more we have out there, the easier it is for the kart gusy to take turns with out hard feelings...the more we take advantage of our membership, the more used to it they get.

I do not really want to try running for the board, but i did give them my contact info and told them to call on me with anything i could do to help.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

I didn't realize it was such a touchy subject.. I've been out there alone quite a few times with the karters and hadn't thought much of it. I guess I'm used to TD's when you move off the track for the others and that's just how it works.

Kind of a shame.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

for most of the guys it is not a problem, just a few complainers...
for the guys who can go after work during the week, it will likely never be an issue...
and of course if they have a big race event coming up, i try not to go when they will be doing a final race prep...this weekend should be no issue as they just had a big race and the following weekend is the TMGP event, so there should not be any of them out trying to get any final tuning or race prep...they should in turn expect us to be doing just that for our race.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

They better get used to it we are there to stay!!! They are just mad because it takes way more skill to ride a motorcycle around that course that it does a 4 wheeled kart thats 1" off the ground!!!
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement