MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #101
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,587

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







First I want to say that I'm sorry you crashed and were injured, Floyd. You're an awesome dude and I hope that I'll continue to see you around. I've crashed 20 times I bet and the slowest one broke my arm. happens when we fall funny or hit the ground in a strange way. Maybe if you had not broken your collar bone you wouldn't be quite as frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
I think racing is racing and if you decide to race you also decide to take the risk of falling or getting hit by stupid riders that had no business riding at the track. On the other hand, i think whoever hit you should have stepped up and at least give you a sincere apology for his mistake, it is very coward of him not to man up and take responsibility for his action.
I agree with this. Anytime I have made contact with someone on the track I always find them and apologize. I have never had one negative experience in dealing with someone after an incident. At ECR last year during the endurance race I touched a guy in T6 and he crashed. If he had more experience he probably would have saved it. Is it my fault that we touched? Yes. Is it my fault he fell down? Debatable.

Quote:
Imo, CMRA should not allow people without legal residency to participate in any race at all, this will prevent future incidents like yours from happening.
Why just the CMRA? Why not all sanctioning bodies? When MotoGP comes to CoTA it will be Ben, Nicky and Colin only on the grid. I'll take Nicky since Colin is on a CRT. When they go back to Europe, the 3 Americans can stay here.

I'm not really sure why you wouldn't allow people from other countries to race? That group from Mexico showed up last year and Yahir Sanchez wrecked shop in the Rookie Expert class on tracks he'd never seen. His buddy Jonathan Villagran found himself on the expert box at MSRH this year in probably his 2nd visit to the track. I dont know the particulars of Floyd's incident but to tag "that group from mexico" as bad guys isn't right. Those guys ride hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
He started going through the laundry list of items he needs to perfom at the track, and all I saw was dollar signs. I asked him if alot of the guys were single or divorced and he confirmed that alot of them were, including himself. I don't think my wife would appreciate all the time and dedication it takes to get to that level , so for that reason alone I would have to pass on the whole track experience. If I was single, I would love to be out there.
Hey man... I like 392. MSRH was his first race. He's probably the only novice in his first race that has 2 bikes (I have 1), a supersport built engine (mine is stock), a suspension guy that comes to track days just for him (I dont have one), AK 20's and a triple clicker shock (I had race tech when I was a novice), race fuel (my first can of race fuel was in Nov. of 2012) top of the line gear, etc etc etc. I'm not really sure what level your talking about. In the grand scheme of things we are talking about "regional club level racing" for maybe $500 if you're a top expert. I was on the box in all 3 of my races, including the premier race and qualified in the money and I won about $550.00. My point? It's a hobby. This isn't pro racing.

I think the majority of the people in this country are divorced. They dont all race motorcycles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
They must really want you down.
I doubt they even know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.337 View Post
when i wrecked in carosel i had no insurance with my job.
That would suck. There is no way I would race without medical insurance. As a matter of fact, I chose the lowest deductible policy, regardless of the premium because I know the likelihood of me crashing and having to meet a $5000 deductible is pretty high.

I'd be more inclined to disallow people who are medically uninsured to race. Certainly more so than someone who isn't a citizen. I still don't get that line of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpaint View Post
Heal up quick bro! Sorry to hear you crashed man :(
+1. Crashing sucks. No one knows that better than this guy. ^^^

Last edited by cdill35; 02-26-2013 at 09:29 PM.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Floyd, let the sparks fly. 1FC Off Topic 28 03-06-2012 03:07 PM
De La Hoya VS Floyd Mayweather DOV Off Topic 25 05-02-2007 02:15 PM
Floyd Landis TxVrod Off Topic 16 08-01-2006 10:08 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #102
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,587

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







You should have known you were in the danger zone. This is them.


Last edited by cdill35; 02-26-2013 at 09:33 PM.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #103
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








I really don't care where they are from... Just want for others to watch out.
It was 6 of them that came down here that day and they were all together. One of their friend hit me for sure since they were talking about while I was at the track and one of the guys that knows me was seating next to them when this happen.
happens like I said... Just have the to own up to your ups.

Night everyone.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #104
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'
 
Cornerjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hero Hill
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,210

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)








Get better Bud, now you have a reinforced collar, I see the word is out on these fools, dont worry, someone will avenge you sir..
__________________
CRM - H.O.R.Ms House of Route Masters

Commissioner
Cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #105
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post

Why just the CMRA? Why not all sanctioning bodies? When MotoGP comes to CoTA it will be Ben, Nicky and Colin only on the grid. I'll take Nicky since Colin is on a CRT. When they go back to Europe, the 3 Americans can stay here.

I'm not really sure why you wouldn't allow people from other countries to race? That group from Mexico showed up last year and Yahir Sanchez wrecked shop in the Rookie Expert class on tracks he'd never seen. His buddy Jonathan Villagran found himself on the expert box at MSRH this year in probably his 2nd visit to the track. I dont know the particulars of Floyd's incident but to tag "that group from mexico" as bad guys isn't right. Those guys ride hard.
I think there is a big difference between a rider from Mexico vs a Moto GP rider. You should know first hand how much experience and dedication it took to be on AMA, now MotoGP racers are at a even higher skill level in every each way, so comparing the experience of a MotoGP racer to a local cmra racer is really comparing apples to oranges, on top of that even MotoGP racers apologizes to a fellow racer when at fault, that is just plain and simple professional ethics.

MotoGP is a race where the best and most experienced racers go around the world to race the different tracks at each location, by nature it is an international sport which is aired all over the world, and since it is an international sport, it is expected to have riders from different countries on the grid. The nice prototype bikes, variety of tracks, variety of riders plus the umbrella girls are what make MotoGP an interesting sport to watch.
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #106
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I dont know the particulars of Floyd's incident but to tag "that group from mexico" as bad guys isn't right. Those guys ride hard.
I dont quite agree with your point of view Brandt, just because they ride hard doesnt give them the right or use it as an excuse to take Floyd down and then hide behind their friends while talking about it and probably laughing about the incident..... come on now, 6 of them were talking about what one of them did that cause Floyd to go down and not "ONE" out of the 6 had the decency to come to apologize or even see if Floyd was doing alright? If you want to tag "that group from mexico" as good guys i will respect that but in my book, they do not deserve to ride at the track if that is the kind of behavior that this group exhibits at the track.

Racing is by nature a dangerous game, but recognizing one's fault and having to come clean and apologize is also expected of "good" guys by nature!
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #107
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Makes me not want to race... Taken out by some jackass... Heal up Floyd!
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #108
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Makes me not want to race... Taken out by some jackass... Heal up Floyd!
Same way i feel man
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #109
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Same way i feel man
I know. I am too old to get hurt by someone else's actions.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #110
351fox
BRAWP BRAWP
 
351fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 558

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+


06 gsxr 750








Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
I know. I am too old to get hurt by someone else's actions.
Race an sv and avoid the meatgrinder classes
351fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #111
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fox View Post
Race an sv and avoid the meatgrinder classes
I would race a TMAX.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #112
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
I know. I am too old to get hurt by someone else's actions.
specially if they dont even have the decency to offer a sincere apology or the to man up and come clean to offer some kind of way to help out a fellow downed rider but on the other hand..... those people ride hard, so what's good or what's bad, i dont know anymore, it seems that morals these day are overrated.
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 AM   #113
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
I would race a TMAX.
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #114
351fox
BRAWP BRAWP
 
351fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 558

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+


06 gsxr 750








Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
I would race a TMAX.
I think those would get stuck in the sv classes anyways
351fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #115
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
I can ride the heck out of a scooter!
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #116
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
I can ride the heck out of a scooter!
you can ride the heck out of the CBR as well
__________________
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:47 AM   #117
ninenine
cmra expert
 
ninenine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike








Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
I dont quite agree with your point of view Brandt, just because they ride hard doesnt give them the right or use it as an excuse to take Floyd down and then hide behind their friends while talking about it and probably laughing about the incident..... come on now, 6 of them were talking about what one of them did that cause Floyd to go down and not "ONE" out of the 6 had the decency to come to apologize or even see if Floyd was doing alright? If you want to tag "that group from mexico" as good guys i will respect that but in my book, they do not deserve to ride at the track if that is the kind of behavior that this group exhibits at the track.

Racing is by nature a dangerous game, but recognizing one's fault and having to come clean and apologize is also expected of "good" guys by nature!


We're you at the track that day? Did you hear the story from one of those guys?
Just curious.

Alot of hearsay in all this. There is 2 sides yo every story. Am I sorry flloyd went down? Yes, absolutely. Hope he heals
Up and comes back. He had alot to offer and if he needs help I will be more then happy to help in someway.

However, your comments about Mexico being able to race in Cmra is nonsense.
Like I said above, 2 sides to every story and you don't know everything as I'm sure flloyd doesn't know everything for sure.

I agree with Brandt. Those guys from Mexico have alot of talent and stuff to offer to Cmra. Why turn them down? I can almost guarantee that flloyd accident was a ACCIDENT. Yes it would be nice for someone to come up and check on the rider but just because they didn't doesn't mean they can't race. Racing is racing and crashes/injuries are involved.


Heal up flloyd.
My offer still stands. Need help lemme know would be glad to help.
__________________
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:20 AM   #118
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by 392 View Post
We're you at the track that day? Did you hear the story from one of those guys?
Just curious.

Alot of hearsay in all this. There is 2 sides yo every story. Am I sorry flloyd went down? Yes, absolutely. Hope he heals
Up and comes back. He had alot to offer and if he needs help I will be more then happy to help in someway.

However, your comments about Mexico being able to race in Cmra is nonsense.
Like I said above, 2 sides to every story and you don't know everything as I'm sure flloyd doesn't know everything for sure.

I agree with Brandt. Those guys from Mexico have alot of talent and stuff to offer to Cmra. Why turn them down? I can almost guarantee that flloyd accident was a ACCIDENT. Yes it would be nice for someone to come up and check on the rider but just because they didn't doesn't mean they can't race. Racing is racing and crashes/injuries are involved.


Heal up flloyd.
My offer still stands. Need help lemme know would be glad to help.
It is very obvious by now that the "other guys" are not talking!

I was at the track but didnt see what happened, from what i understand Floyd was hit from behind and going by what Floyd mentioned earlier, the guys from Mexico were pitted very close to him and so close that he could hear them talking about it, meaning they were close enough for any of the 6 guys to come and apologize as any man would do but yet, they ignored it and made no effort whatsoever to even check if Floyd was ok.

This incident is just like a hit and run case, where the guy run over was left for dead and the driver just kept driving home with total disregard of the guy he just run over, if this the type of thinking of most track riders then i have no desire to do any track days at all, on the street if an accident happens at least we have insurance and the police to help us, but if the accident happens at the track you are pretty much on your own all the way, even people that saw the accident would not come forward to say anything and look the other way, and the funniest thing of all..... the guy that caused the accident is defended because the kid's got talent and rides pretty hard

Having talent and having decency as a person with good morals are two different things. It doesnt cost a cent to walk a few steps over to check on someone and apologize, specially if you were the cause for the rider to go down. I rather be friends with people that have consideration for other fellow riders regardless of his talent than with talented guys that are total and completely disregard the well being of a rider after causing him to crash.
__________________

Last edited by sunday_rider; 02-27-2013 at 02:23 AM.
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #119
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









To add to the story, people that knows me can tell you that i am always the first to defend Mexicans if they are wronged, but this time is the way around, they made a mistake so i would not support their disregard for other people's safety and their irresponsible behavior around the track.

Just curious, would you still think the same way if the person they hit was you and not Floyd?
__________________

Last edited by sunday_rider; 02-27-2013 at 02:36 AM.
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #120
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
It is very obvious by now that the "other guys" are not talking!

I was at the track but didnt see what happened, from what i understand Floyd was hit from behind and going by what Floyd mentioned earlier, the guys from Mexico were pitted very close to him and so close that he could hear them talking about it, meaning they were close enough for any of the 6 guys to come and apologize as any man would do but yet, they ignored it and made no effort whatsoever to even check if Floyd was ok.

This incident is just like a hit and run case, where the guy run over was left for dead and the driver just kept driving home with total disregard of the guy he just run over, if this the type of thinking of most track riders then i have no desire to do any track days at all, on the street if an accident happens at least we have insurance and the police to help us, but if the accident happens at the track you are pretty much on your own all the way, even people that saw the accident would not come forward to say anything and look the other way, and the funniest thing of all..... the guy that caused the accident is defended because the kid's got talent and rides pretty hard

Having talent and having decency as a person with good morals are two different things. It doesnt cost a cent to walk a few steps over to check on someone and apologize, specially if you were the cause for the rider to go down. I rather be friends with people that have consideration for other fellow riders regardless of his talent than with talented guys that are total and completely disregard the well being of a rider after causing him to crash.
Well said Frank! Some people don't care about others...
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy