Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #61
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

With the help of some of my good friends we have a good idea who was the one that hit me... they are not from around here... some of them are from Mexico and looking at the race report I know who was very close to me at that time.. even got a race number and a bike description. .. some csi on facebook. .. lol
I dont have a computer so if anyone wants to post pictures of the xray or whatever I posted on facebook feel free to post it here.. I can only check here by phone...
Thank you guys for the great support.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Floyd, let the sparks fly. 1FC Off Topic 28 03-06-2012 03:07 PM
De La Hoya VS Floyd Mayweather DOV Off Topic 25 05-02-2007 02:15 PM
Floyd Landis TxVrod Off Topic 16 08-01-2006 10:08 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #62
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
With the help of some of my good friends we have a good idea who was the one that hit me... they are not from around here... some of them are from Mexico and looking at the race report I know who was very close to me at that time.. even got a race number and a bike description. .. some csi on facebook. .. lol
I dont have a computer so if anyone wants to post pictures of the xray or whatever I posted on facebook feel free to post it here.. I can only check here by phone...
Thank you guys for the great support.
I did see a black suburban with a Distrito Federal plate on it.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #63
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Hint hint.. there were about 6 guys from Mexico and one of them hit me cuz they were talking about it... this is a very small world and friends have friends that have friends that listen.

Im not looking to do anything to them.. I think is pretty if you ask me of what whoever hit me did... but I do want other riders to be aware of them and to be careful out there if they are going to continue racing so they dont take other riders out..
Old 02-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #64
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Racing is racing and we put our self to a very high risk of getting hurt when we race or even a simple track day... but there was just not reason for someone to hit another rider and specially the rider in front who always have the right away... I just dont understand why he hit me on that part of the track and why it happen when we clearly were not fighting for 1st place... I think we weren't even top 10th at that time so for him to do what he did just goes to show how stupid and inexperience of a rider he really is and others could be affected by it. Not going to seat and let that happen to anyone.

I am now off work for 3 week and I am lucky that its not longer. With a broken bike and 2000 dollars of out of pocket after insurance takes care of their 80%... I spend 1200 bucks to race that day with fees and license, food and gas. Blah blah blah blah...... my point? ?? It is a very expensive sport as it is... no need for Someone else to make it harder for you then it already is.

Have a good one guys!

Last edited by floyd600; 02-22-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #65
grsa

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Floyd, glad to hear your recovering. My thought would be that they could be banned from racing in the future. Is that possible? Or wasn't this a CMRA sanctioned race?
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #66
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Floyd that sounds like fowl play. They must really want you down. Enough to put themselves at risk of crashing with you. Sucks. Expensive hobby or sport any way u look at it.
Good luck and heal up soon
Old 02-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #67
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

I think racing is racing and if you decide to race you also decide to take the risk of falling or getting hit by stupid riders that had no business riding at the track. On the other hand, i think whoever hit you should have stepped up and at least give you a sincere apology for his mistake, it is very coward of him not to man up and take responsibility for his action. Imo, CMRA should not allow people without legal residency to participate in any race at all, this will prevent future incidents like yours from happening.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #68
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

I dont know what the rules are... there were other riders that went down because some other riders hit them and its sad... this was my 1st race after 3 years of track riding and my last for a long time.. CMRA did an awesome job and I wish I could go racing again.

This time I am throwing the towel but im sure I will see you guys around here and there...
No racing and no track.. I gave it all I had and its time for me to take a few steps back.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #69
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
I dont know what the rules are... there were other riders that went down because some other riders hit them and its sad... this was my 1st race after 3 years of track riding and my last for a long time.. CMRA did an awesome job and I wish I could go racing again.

This time I am throwing the towel but im sure I will see you guys around here and there...
No racing and no track.. I gave it all I had and its time for me to take a few steps back.
Well you know that i have been trying to get a racing team together with Blake for the past year but after watching so many accident at MSRH last Sunday i really changed my mind, it only takes one dumb to take you out. I dont mind crashing or going down, but what happens after your crash is that worries me more, all the downtime from work and not having nobody else to take your place to run the business weights heavily in my scale. You are making the right decision for now, maybe whenever you feel better you can get back to racing since you are still young, but for old farts like myself, my bones dont heal up as quickly as yours lol
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #70
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! At least you tried man, which is more than I would ever do. After talking to 392 aka Mike today at KPOP I have now confirmed what I have already suspected about my track future, there is no track track future for me. He started going through the laundry list of items he needs to perfom at the track, and all I saw was dollar signs. I asked him if alot of the guys were single or divorced and he confirmed that alot of them were, including himself. I don't think my wife would appreciate all the time and dedication it takes to get to that level , so for that reason alone I would have to pass on the whole track experience. If I was single, I would love to be out there.
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #71
Jefe

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'12 Haro Flightline 29er
'09 R6 (sold)
'07 V-Star 1100 Custom (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)

Floyd, heal up soon bro.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #72
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

i guess y'all should expect no less from me, but if you want to race and cut back on the expenses... take a look at TMGP. It is lower speed, but on the small bikes and tighter turns it feels much the same and it is a of a lot of fun at a much lower cost.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #73
luckyxdevil1

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR-750 '02
69' Yamaha 650 back in the day

Send a message via Yahoo to luckyxdevil1
Re: Update on Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! At least you tried man, which is more than I would ever do. After talking to 392 aka Mike today at KPOP I have now confirmed what I have already suspected about my track future, there is no track track future for me. He started going through the laundry list of items he needs to perfom at the track, and all I saw was dollar signs. I asked him if alot of the guys were single or divorced and he confirmed that alot of them were, including himself. I don't think my wife would appreciate all the time and dedication it takes to get to that level , so for that reason alone I would have to pass on the whole track experience. If I was single, I would love to be out there.
Well said
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #74
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Hope all works out for you flloyd.

If this was intentional "pre meditated" then that's up and someone needs to check there ego at the door. I'm all about close passes and riding very aggressive however nothing intentional to hurt someone or bump them. Just my thought.

Hope to see you back soon
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #75
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

i had someone hit on my first race saturday. i kept the bike up, he crashed. he happened to be a prov now. anyways, he came and found me later on and apologized. i'll add that he was indeed a legal resident. this is dangerous, expensive, and frankly kinda crazy. but hey, we know that and we choose to do it anways.

not trying to take anything away from Floyd, he's a cool dude afterall
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #76
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

i think that i personally would feel better about it if the guy had manned up and came over and checked on floyd and appologised....
happens when you race, we all know that... and folks make bad decisions, it is part of the game, even with no bad intentions things can go south quickly... but checking on someone and extending a hand with an appology should be part of the game too. last year i took a guy out and even though he got up and got back in the race, i still went to him and checked on him and appologised for what happened... later in the year i was attempting to pass Paul on the outside in a turn... it put me in a line i had never used before... i was leaning pretty hard and hit a slick spot, lost traction and went down... it had nothing to do with Paul, it was all me, but he came to me to check on me and say he was sorry i went down...that is just the kind of thing a man does.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #77
exalted512
Slow^^^

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
Going to the track is only as expensive and time consuming as you make it. I don't spend a lot of money at the track and there are ways like corner working that makes it even cheaper, at the expense of more time.

Not going to the track because of time and money is a cop out IMO. I'm not trying to 'hate' on you and I'm not sure what Mike said to you, but he's been around long enough to know that you don't have to have everything to get on the track. He's competing for a championship, so yea, he's going to have to spend some money to get his bike up to par (tires along can be expensive), plus the associated money for racing itself - which can be much more expensive than track days.

My first track day cost me $75 + gas in my motorcycle. Then I started corner working for track day credits.
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #78
BaoPee
12 yr old Asian boy

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Floyd, if you ever have a need to speed moment, you can take my bike out anytime.

info@halffastgroup.com
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #79
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Dang that sucks.
Hope everything works out soon!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #80
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:

Awwe. This made me sad reading this.

Those stupid putos!!!

Advertisement