MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

another thread no one will like

i was just reading this study from the 60s in which they treated schizophrenic kids with LSD. the results seem pretty amazing to me, and for anyone else interested in this type of stuff i thought i would share it.

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v07n3/07318fis.html

it's a long read, but worth it if you care about schizophrenic children or lsd.

Last edited by AliceInChains02; 02-28-2007 at 12:35 PM.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Thank you thread Osiris102406 Motorcycles Unlimited 3 04-28-2012 07:29 PM
Disappearing Thread --already another thread gsxr_firerider Off Topic 42 07-03-2010 07:17 PM
New thread in regards to my old one..... del240z Off Topic 96 07-28-2008 11:09 PM
ANOTHER THANK YOU THREAD! houseofpaint Motorcycles Unlimited 1 05-11-2007 12:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

some of the stories are just unreal.
here's an excerpt

before lsd
"When first introduced to me, she was in complete retraints twenty-four hours a day. She was in full camisole and her legs were tied to the bed. This was necessary due to her extreme self destructive behavior. If her hands were free, she would gouge out her eyes, hit herself in the head as hard as possible, bite her fingers, tear out her tongue. She was totally emaciated, covered with swellings and bruises, black eyes in sunken sockets. She was incontinent and refused to eat. She was IV fed, she looked like a beaten up, starved, wild, eighty year old woman. She made no eye contact, did not respond to any physical stimuli, attempted to make guttural noises and spit, but unsuccessfully, as she was so exhausted. The attending physician felt that she would probably die"

after lsd
"She began to attend school on half days and was able to adjust to the setting. It was hard for her to share adult attention and other children her age did not have her sophistication. She was very bright and didn't miss a thing. She had become affectionate and warm, loved to be physically touched, and smiled happily a great deal of the time. She had given up her self-destructive behavior and wanted to identify with the treatment staff and to be included in the grown-up world. Unfortunately she was often bored because there was a gross lack of stimulation available for her in the ward setting."
Old 02-28-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

I read through some of it. Its interesting especially in pattys case. But you really cant expect the government to approve of the testing they were doing. Even though there could be positive results, testing something like lsd on patients would never get the support needed to keep the sessions going.
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

there is still some testing that MAPS does. i know they're using MDMA in therapy for treating PTSD, and probably have other projects. of course it's a long ways away from being mainstream, but it will never be if people remain ignorant about it, so i guess that's another reason i want to share this.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Isnt mdma used to make ecstacy? If so they can test it on me i will just use the testing as an excuse to roll one more time :icon_bigg
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 PM   #6
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

mdma is ecstasy. but since the production is spread out to illegal manufacturers it's cut with various other drugs.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

The problem with drugs is that some of them make you realize how the goverment is you over on a daily basis. Very dangerous for the goverment. So, make them illegal.

Ever check out Bill Hicks? How about Terrance McKenna?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #8
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

There was a documentary about LSD and MDMA on Discovery a couple of weeks ago. Therapists were making good progress with it. The people selling it illegally are the one's who ruined it.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:41 PM   #9
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
There was a documentary about LSD and MDMA on Discovery a couple of weeks ago. Therapists were making good progress with it. The people selling it illegally are the one's who ruined it.
I think they were giving more of it away in the 60s instead of selling it. :icon_bigg

Do you think the big uprise of people against the Vietnam War had anything to do with the Federal Drug Scheduling? :confused2

Old 02-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #10
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
I think they were giving more of it away in the 60s instead of selling it. :icon_bigg

Do you think the big uprise of people against the Vietnam War had anything to do with the Federal Drug Scheduling? :confused2
Why couldn't I have been born in the 50's!!!

But Seriously.
On one hand I think that people saw the war for what it was and had the ballz to do something about it.

Otherwise, I think the government would rather have everyone working their a$$es of to pay bills instead of having time go out and protest wars. People hanging around doing drugs and talking about the war was not good for them.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:45 PM   #11
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Govt testing has shown THC helps to reduce the symptoms of post traumatic stress disroder in soldiers, yet they court martial soldiers for smoking. . .go USA!!!!!!!

Alice, apparently some of us have the ability to see both sides of the coin(YEAH!!!!) i think it's sad that positive testing(in some cases) is shot down b/c it has a negative effect on the rules and regulations of our country
Old 02-28-2007, 04:46 PM   #12
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Why couldn't I have been born in the 50's!!!

But Seriously.
On one hand I think that people saw the war for what it was and had the ballz to do something about it.

Otherwise, I think the government would rather have everyone working their a$$es of to pay bills instead of having time go out and protest wars. People hanging around doing drugs and talking about the war was not good for them.
People hanging out, doing drugs and talking about the war is still not good for them. :laughing6

Old 02-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #13
MadseasoN

Quote:
People hanging out, doing drugs and talking about the war is still not good for them. :laughing6
True :laughing6

So now they can put you away for it.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 AM   #14
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
The problem with drugs is that some of them make you realize how the goverment is you over on a daily basis. Very dangerous for the goverment. So, make them illegal.

Ever check out Bill Hicks? How about Terrance McKenna?
I have 20-30 e-books by mckenna, haven't checked them out yet though. which book would you recommend?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #15
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
weird to see a documentary on Discovery, much less one about drugs.
the us govt ruined it by making it illegal
Old 03-01-2007, 11:46 AM   #16
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
Govt testing has shown THC helps to reduce the symptoms of post traumatic stress disroder in soldiers, yet they court martial soldiers for smoking. . .go USA!!!!!!!

Alice, apparently some of us have the ability to see both sides of the coin(YEAH!!!!) i think it's sad that positive testing(in some cases) is shot down b/c it has a negative effect on the rules and regulations of our country
yes, and negative test results are brought up ,because it reinforces the rules and ignorance of our country(ie dr. ricaurte)
Old 03-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #17
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

I take doses of LSD just so's I can tolerate some of your threads

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #18
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

i have to huff paint to tolerate your powdercoating threads...
Old 03-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #19
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #20
MadseasoN