MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #21
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw
 
Mr.337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: by MSRH
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,014

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)






thanks griff again for the fun battles that was the highlight of the weekend for me glad we both made it home in 1 piece
__________________
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Halffast Racing Team Round 1 CMRA Race Report Blamdiggity General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 02-16-2015 01:01 PM
CMRA RACE WEEKEND @ TWS (Texas World Speedway)! switch Events, Meets and Rides 27 11-10-2012 11:58 PM
CMRA TWS (Texas World Speedway) Round 10 Race Weekend Promotional Video By: Simmons Visual Arts blaknwite Taking it to the Track 5 10-29-2011 05:01 PM
So it's a CMRA race weekend... tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 20 10-20-2008 05:09 PM
anyone going to hallett this weekend for the CMRA race? K5GSXR1000 Taking it to the Track 9 07-26-2007 06:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #22
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.337 View Post
thanks griff again for the fun battles that was the highlight of the weekend for me glad we both made it home in 1 piece
I passed you

Got video too...that's all
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #23
ThomAss
I like to ride
 
ThomAss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,043

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus






I thought I had 2 4ths, a 5th and a 2nd but the results show 2 5ths, a 4th and a 2nd. I'll take that.
__________________
2013 Race Sponsors: | 717 Racer's Supply | Dunlop Tires | Whoopies Cycles | Whoopies Race School | Vortex | Woodcraft Technologies, Inc. | Agg Racing | Chicken Hawk Racing
ThomAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #24
ninenine
cmra expert
 
ninenine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike








Mr.337,

I do apologize for the pass on the inside. Dangerous move and should have waited. Last thing I want to do is hurt myself or someone else.

Disregard my comment on first page.

Mike
__________________
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #25
ninenine
cmra expert
 
ninenine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike








Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss View Post
I thought I had 2 4ths, a 5th and a 2nd but the results show 2 5ths, a 4th and a 2nd. I'll take that.
Looked good out there keep up the good work and I do appreciate the tips you gave me.
__________________
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #26
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw
 
Mr.337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: by MSRH
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,014

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)






apology accepted sorry aswell
__________________
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #27
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw
 
Mr.337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: by MSRH
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,014

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)






haha ya ivan ya got me :( i need to get back up to speed this sucks being slow again :( i had fun on the mini's battling ya too i thought me you and that girl on the 85 were gonna die when she parked it going into the bus stop your back tire lifted aswell as mine to prevent a crash lol
__________________
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #28
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by 392 View Post
Looked good out there keep up the good work and I do appreciate the tips you gave me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.337 View Post
apology accepted sorry aswell
grouphug

grouphug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.337 View Post
haha ya ivan ya got me :( i need to get back up to speed this sucks being slow again :( i had fun on the mini's battling ya too i thought me you and that girl on the 85 were gonna die when she parked it going into the bus stop your back tire lifted aswell as mine to prevent a crash lol
That was you behind me? I think Armando was there too.

Man, yeah, that sucked. She got right on the spot I wad taking trying to go around her.

Mini endurance is the !
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #29
joeybaila
Senior Member
 
joeybaila's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 2,370

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+


2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....






I corner worked diamonds edge on friday practice with Steve, and we saw the craziest stuff. People were playing very dirty. Everyone knows who they are. The point of Friday practice is to practice so that you can race on Sunday, not ride dangerously to the point where you go down or take someone else out.
--Yes Ivan the minis were the , Kyle and i Battled for 3 laps before i saw my chance. it was fun playing with everyone.

Brandt, I was rooting for you man.
And Dave, well nothing to say there, he's got for sure.

Mike I saw the results, and see you were able to race, did you borrow a bike?
I'm sure Tony Ta will knock out you bike quick and will be good as new again.

Congrats to all the riders.
__________________
CMRA # 208 Sponsors
http://www.track-junkie.com,Halffast Group, GnS Racing Transport,Ridesmart, Bridgestone, P1 Race Center, Kpop, Brawp Racing
joeybaila is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #30
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter
 
Racer997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 3,872


Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76






I was way busy in tech and on the grids, especially tech on Friday and grids on Sunday. In my one race I expected to win but was many seconds off my pace and got third. I could make a lot of valid excuses, but it is what it is. Then I got busy again.
__________________
Supplying avatars to MH track guys since 2008.
Racer997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #31
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY
 
wiayeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Med Ctr
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,122

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
I was way busy in tech and on the grids, especially tech on Friday and grids on Sunday. In my one race I expected to win but was many seconds off my pace and got third. I could make a lot of valid excuses, but it is what it is. Then I got busy again.
Thanks for all your hard work, Linz!
__________________
OOT
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #32
cdill35
717
 
cdill35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 9,586

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy







Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
Thanks for all your hard work, Linz!
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #33
GABRIEL
Senior Member
 
GABRIEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SW/SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 7,184

Experience: 1-3 months











I had fun at the end. I was sick all weekend. I started dead last in both of my races and wanted to make sure everyone made it past the first turn before I got there. I managed a 17th in Superstock A Novice and 18th in Superbike A Novice I was worried about tires all weekend. Big thanks to everyone that helped and thanks to joey bila for giving me the free take off. I was only able to make 1:51 on my laps. It was the first time I have run a timer at MSRH and I am not as fast as everyone told me I was. I will start with the rest of the pack as soon as I get this yellow shirt out of the way. I had fun seeing everyone out at the track. I am just there to have fun.
Cant wait to turn some laps on my ninja 250 and get in peoples way.

JohnRedford and David Hicks did great out there on the ninja and placed very well.

Had fun with the Brawp guys all weekend and rode the karts out there for the first time. Fun!
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #34
gofast353
Senior Member
 
gofast353's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montgomery, TX.
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 574







Member Garage





An awesome weekend!! Jay Newton did great work the entire time he was at MSRH with the CMRA for round 1 of 2013. In the Saturday program mini endurance race, he and team mate Ken Ryder finished 2nd overall on the Ryder Hard Racing Ninja 250. Jay ran the fastest lap of the entire race with a 1:09.760. The Sunday program was extremely full for Jay, as he was scheduled for 7 classes on his Yamaha R6. With a few minor suspension changes in the morning races, he was able to garnish three podiums Sunday. He had some amazing starts, and took the holehsot in all but three of his classes. P1 Racing and South Central Race Center had the bike set-up great, and it showed. Results were as follows.
B Superstock - 6th
C Superstock - 4th
A Superstock - 3rd
B Superbike - 4th
C Superbike - 5th
A Superbike - 2nd
F1 - 1st

No excuses! He knows he has a few things to work on. Had a great time this weekend and brought it all home in one piece!! I am fine with his results!!
__________________
http://www.jaynewtonracing.com/
gofast353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #35
EazyG
Member
 
EazyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 98

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 - track
06 YZ450F - dirt
16 KLX110 - motard
12 Ducati Monster 1100
CMRA #125; TMGP #125






I was just happy to be able to race. I was hoping to do better, but only managed the following.

5th in BSS (novice)
6th in CSS
7th in BSB
7th in CSB

In BSS, I ran the same pace as the leaders, but my starts were not that great. Starting from the 6th row sucked. I'll have a better grid position for TWS (Texas World Speedway), and I'll be a lot stronger physically. I'm lacking some strength in my core right now and it showed.
EazyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #36
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,876

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyG View Post
I was just happy to be able to race. I was hoping to do better, but only managed the following.

5th in BSS (novice)
6th in CSS
7th in BSB
7th in CSB

In BSS, I ran the same pace as the leaders, but my starts were not that great. Starting from the 6th row sucked. I'll have a better grid position for TWS (Texas World Speedway), and I'll be a lot stronger physically. I'm lacking some strength in my core right now and it showed.
Cant wait to get back out there with you! The mock race was fun for sure.
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #37
Jredford
Rotsevnieht
 
Jredford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,037

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622






Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
I had fun at the end. I was sick all weekend. I started dead last in both of my races and wanted to make sure everyone made it past the first turn before I got there. I managed a 17th in Superstock A Novice and 18th in Superbike A Novice I was worried about tires all weekend. Big thanks to everyone that helped and thanks to joey bila for giving me the free take off. I was only able to make 1:51 on my laps. It was the first time I have run a timer at MSRH and I am not as fast as everyone told me I was. I will start with the rest of the pack as soon as I get this yellow shirt out of the way. I had fun seeing everyone out at the track. I am just there to have fun.
Cant wait to turn some laps on my ninja 250 and get in peoples way.

JohnRedford and David Hicks did great out there on the ninja and placed very well.

Had fun with the Brawp guys all weekend and rode the karts out there for the first time. Fun!
That's cool John. You looked really good out there. Thanks for the ninja monster 250.
__________________


"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #38
S.D.W.
...Ready
 
S.D.W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,147

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110






Slipping clutch shattered my hopes of placing well this weekend. Sat out F1, managed a 9th in SSa and 2nd in Rookie expert, somehow.

TWS (Texas World Speedway), come on with it!!
__________________
HouseOfPaint
S.D.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy