MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #21
itsmebanky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Huffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
Please do not turn this into another pegasus unleashed thread. Btw what is the max hp on that bike?
its rated at 167.3, according to Aprilia.

not really sure what pegasus unleashed it though... lol. sorry, im a noob so im not in on the inside jokes yet
itsmebanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EBR DEMO RIDE 4/18 & 4/19 at Houston Superbikes BlakeDoza Events, Meets and Rides 20 04-19-2014 10:02 AM
Houston Superbikes Question quicksaveme General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 08-10-2012 02:40 PM
Thanks Houston Superbikes! sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 02-07-2011 10:08 AM
Houston Superbikes? Intermission General Discussion (Moto Related) 59 08-21-2010 08:35 PM
Houston Superbikes wiayeman General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 08-05-2010 08:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #22
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmebanky View Post
its rated at 167.3, according to Aprilia.

not really sure what pegasus unleashed it though... lol. sorry, im a noob so im not in on the inside jokes yet
No worries. inside joke I guess was referring to the unleashing of a bmw hp4 after so many miles. Be safe.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #23
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Nice ape. Nice price on the '12s right now. That's a great ride for the money.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #24
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

so OP how many miles did you ride in your 2 mos of riding experience?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #25
madtrini
Recent Convert

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
so OP how many miles did you ride in your 2 mos of riding experience?

madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #26
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Yeah Mark tried to use those Jedi mind tricks on me too; but Sergio talked me out of getting rid of my RC8R! Unlike most shops they won't try to sell you something you don't need. Sergio is an honest dude and when i am ready to upgrade to something else Italian they will earn my business.
J.J. McQuade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #27
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

^ irony, lol

Fella w/ 1.5 mos riding experience, prob one of the most powerful nekkid bikes out there
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #28
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Bike(s):
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Quote:
^ irony, lol

Fella w/ 1.5 mos riding experience, prob one of the most powerful nekkid bikes out there
He will grow into it.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #29
itsmebanky

Bike(s):
Huffy

Quote:
^ irony, lol

im not trying to be disrespectful but i saw where your previous question about my riding experience was going to go, and i didnt want to have to go there so i ignored it. but seeing as how you're not gonna leave this thread... let me start with by saying i dont think i have to explain my choices and decisions to anyone but i will humor you this time, because im sure you will just scoff at what i have to say.

first let me say that i absolutely respect "The ride." i'm fully legal, passing all state requirements and classes and currently possess an endorsement. i have 1k miles (and quickly growing) under my belt with much more to come. i am not reckless on the road. i wear all proper gear every single time i get on that bike. i am attentive and focused no matter how short or far my destination is. i use both my brakes like the book and class say and i've studied techniques. i dont take short cuts when riding. there are people on this board who i've met with in person and rode with who will tell you that i know my pace and i am comfortable being the slow one, even slower than a sweeper (lol), and waving anyone on to pass me.

i understand my experience is small but it is this understanding that makes me confident on this bike and any other bike i get. maybe my evasive maneuvers arent up to par with a more experienced rider but my current riding style is also less aggressive than an experienced rider, which means i wouldnt be in evasive situations as often.

i started this thread to share my experience with HSBK. if you'd like to debate bikes for experience level, i'd ask that you start your own thread instead of trolling me.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #30
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
im not trying to be disrespectful but i saw where your previous question about my riding experience was going to go, and i didnt want to have to go there so i ignored it. but seeing as how you're not gonna leave this thread... let me start with by saying i dont think i have to explain my choices and decisions to anyone but i will humor you this time, because im sure you will just scoff at what i have to say.

first let me say that i absolutely respect "The ride." i'm fully legal, passing all state requirements and classes and currently possess an endorsement. i have 1k miles (and quickly growing) under my belt with much more to come. i am not reckless on the road. i wear all proper gear every single time i get on that bike. i am attentive and focused no matter how short or far my destination is. i use both my brakes like the book and class say and i've studied techniques. i dont take short cuts when riding. there are people on this board who i've met with in person and rode with who will tell you that i know my pace and i am comfortable being the slow one, even slower than a sweeper (lol), and waving anyone on to pass me.

i understand my experience is small but it is this understanding that makes me confident on this bike and any other bike i get. maybe my evasive maneuvers arent up to par with a more experienced rider but my current riding style is also less aggressive than an experienced rider, which means i wouldnt be in evasive situations as often.

i started this thread to share my experience with HSBK. if you'd like to debate bikes for experience level, i'd ask that you start your own thread instead of trolling me.
Well put George. Don't worry what chumps say. THere's always going to be someone there to hate. Congrats and enjoy
Old 02-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #31
itsmebanky

Bike(s):
Huffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
Well put George. Don't worry what chumps say. THere's always going to be someone there to hate. Congrats and enjoy

Old 02-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #32
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Mark wants me to trade my streetfighter
Old 02-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #33
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
Yeah Mark tried to use those Jedi mind tricks on me too; but Sergio talked me out of getting rid of my RC8R! Unlike most shops they won't try to sell you something you don't need. Sergio is an honest dude and when i am ready to upgrade to something else Italian they will earn my business.
On a lighter note...

attachmentphp?attachmentid65409&ampd1361215335
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jedi Mind Trick.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	65409  
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #34
itsmebanky

Bike(s):
Huffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
Mark wants me to trade my streetfighter
not gonna lie, i love the dual exhaust on the streetfighter. i wonder if they make one for the tuono......
Old 02-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #35
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
blah blah blah.
you're a big boy and it's your big boy $, i'm not you mamma so i don't love you.

still didn't answer the ?

sorry i'm not going to kiss .

my guess is you ride very little so it'll look great in the garage and you can impress alot of the fella's....

btw, haven't seen a twin setup on a new T, but since your on the ape board, you might find one.....my T has twin cans.....sounds berry berry nice!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 02-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #36
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Bike(s):
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Quote:

As long as you maintain this attitude and always respect the power of the machine you will be fine. You have an expensive exotic sport bike and I'm sure you will take all the necessary precuations to keep it that way!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #37
itsmebanky

Bike(s):
Huffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
As long as you maintain this attitude and always respect the power of the machine you will be fine. You have an expensive exotic sport bike and I'm sure you will take all the necessary precuations to keep it that way!

thanks for actually reading my post and not being an . see you on the road, sir!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #38
itsmebanky

Bike(s):
Huffy

Just got this message about my frame sliders:

Quote:
George, [...] I will have them in my shop tomorrow if you want to stop by and get them installed. Thanks again
Team HSBK! ill be there around lunch time!

Old 02-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #39
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Bike(s):
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Quote:

thanks for actually reading my post and not being an . see you on the road, sir!
Don't take anything personal on this forum man. We bust each other's on here all the time; just some more than others. There is a central meet the first Wednesday of every month at the Refinery. Good way to introduce yourself and your bike. Ride safe and have fun.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #40
monstermanus

Bike(s):
ducati monster (sold )
Ducati streetfighter

Send a message via AIM to monstermanus Send a message via Yahoo to monstermanus
yo banky!!!!! was thete a mention of me in that long explanation. lol
keep doing what your doing, enjoy the ride where ever it takes you.
hey on another note, im signed ip for track day on march 9
so come to the track and check it out. it will be fun.
monstermanus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement