MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
brandontx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,751

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F








Looks like KTM bought Husqvarna

Looks like KTM bought Husqvarna so pretty soon you will be able to have a KTM in orange, blue, or red. Don't know how that is going to work out. Only good thing about Huskies over KTMs is they are cheaper. They are doing away with the street models that BMW made too. I was hoping 5 years from now they would start making some sick street bikes like KTM has done. Oh well.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Husqvarna concept less_than_coop Motorcycle News & Media 3 03-05-2015 01:40 PM
KTM 990 vs KTM Supermoto!! Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 11-24-2011 09:26 AM
Electric Husqvarna GABRIEL Super Motards 1 11-10-2011 06:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Longdraw
Senior Member
 
Longdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cypress, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,972

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
Looks like KTM bought Husqvarna so pretty soon you will be able to have a KTM in orange, blue, or red. Don't know how that is going to work out. Only good thing about Huskies over KTMs is they are cheaper. They are doing away with the street models that BMW made too. I was hoping 5 years from now they would start making some sick street bikes like KTM has done. Oh well.
It will be interesting. Maybe KTM will add some difference to the Husky.
__________________
Terlingua Dualsport Specialist

SDRC
Longdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
white_335i
Senior Member
 
white_335i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,026

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2012 RC8R









I hope they don't increase the prices on Husky's to match KTM..
__________________
2012 RC8R
white_335i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
BYRDMAN
WX MAN
 
BYRDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,316

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker


Member Garage





Hope they get rid of this years ghey street line up too!!
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
brandontx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,751

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F








Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Hope they get rid of this years ghey street line up too!!
The Nuda is going to be gone. I hope they keep the Strada dual sport. $6500 for a 650cc dual sport is a steal.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






I spoke to the guys at Napalm when I was getting parts last week. He said it would be the same as when BMW bought them. The Husky dealers will still be Husky dealers, etc. He thought it might help with parts availability.

I was looking at the new Strada, but one of the sales reps has a loaded 2008 SMR 450 that distracted me.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
scoutguy
pack leeder
 
scoutguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: west houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,391

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Rocket III
95 Triumph Thunderbird
96 Triumph Daytona 1200-now Tojo92's toy
95 Triumph Speed Triple
KTM 990 ADV






Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
I spoke to the guys at Napalm when I was getting parts last week. He said it would be the same as when BMW bought them. The Husky dealers will still be Husky dealers, etc. He thought it might help with parts availability.

I was looking at the new Strada, but one of the sales reps has a loaded 2008 SMR 450 that distracted me.
There are many things that distract you..........oooooohhhhhh shiny things
scoutguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
SilverBullet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harmaston, TX
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,122

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200EXC
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400






KTM is not buying Husqvarna, the CEO of KTM is. He is selling all his stock in KTM to Bajaj, so now KTM will be ~60% Indian owned and controlled. He is expected to step down from KTM to run his newly formed company. Not much else known at this time. Who will design the new bikes, where will they be built, subcontracted to Cagiva?, how about the new models with Rotax motors, etc. etc. But in any case I'm optimistic on the long term end results if he runs the new company similar to how he grew and expanded KTM.

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
brandontx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,751

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F








Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
KTM is not buying Husqvarna, the CEO of KTM is. He is selling all his stock in KTM to Bajaj, so now KTM will be ~60% Indian owned and controlled. He is expected to step down from KTM to run his newly formed company. Not much else known at this time. Who will design the new bikes, where will they be built, subcontracted to Cagiva?, how about the new models with Rotax motors, etc. etc. But in any case I'm optimistic on the long term end results if he runs the new company similar to how he grew and expanded KTM.

_
Hmmmm. Interesting. I didn't know it was the CEO personally acquiring it. I bet he will expand the road going lineup. Would be awesome if they kept the price point but expanded and updated their two stroke models. Current WRs are getting a little dated.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #10
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus
 
Mr.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,759

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR






Well that is really cool news. A bike crazy CEO purchasing a serious company that he can run however he sees fit. This should really shake up the moto world. I bet we'll see tons of new products to drool over.
__________________
Faster and Faster, Slowly! BRAWP it like its hot, BRAWP it like its hot.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy