Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #21
bluepine

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayrkaleem View Post
So in that sweeper its a bad idea to open throttle and lean? Was it because his tires? and to basically save himself he should have loosen up his right arm to let the bike come up straight? and since he didnt the bike reacted badly?
Well, seams are everywhere and we all try to avoid them. At least run over it with the least amount of lean as possible. As to many others, i had almost lost it on the exact same spot. Luckily, i was already hanging way off the bike (my usual style), and the bike was way upright position than Yorke's, so when i rolled off the throtttle, the bike was already traight and fully upright, and kept on going straight. That beeing said, if everyone maintains the line that gives us the fastest and safest run, the chance for crash would have reduced dramatically. But, the reality, is that we all try to run as fast as possible, and pass as many people as possible. And coming out of the bus stop, we all open throttle wide open. That's one fast launching spot there. In a way, i was part to be blamed for Yorke's crash. It was the last lap, i was getting too tired, and knew Yorke was behind me. So slowed down a bit on, and kept staying on the inside, because felt and saw Yorke passing me from the outside. If i kept it the same pace as the previous laps with Yorke on my tail, probably, Yorke would have not crashed, because he wouldn't have challenged that line. But again, this is all part of the game, and we all learn from experiences, so going forward, we focus on how to get Blake's and Yorke's bike (which happens to be my endurance team bike) ready for the next race. Period! : )
Ty Howard on Next Moto Champion RIGHT NOW THE DEAN OF LEAN Taking it to the Track 0 11-29-2012 08:06 PM
Ty Howard on the RC8 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 10-21-2009 12:57 PM
2 Laps with Ty Howard at MSRH cdill35 General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 04-14-2009 02:07 PM
Ty Howard!! hotcknstrips Taking it to the Track 6 07-27-2006 10:58 AM
moody - ty howard? SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 13 07-06-2005 11:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #22
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

Hate to see this kind of thing happen. Especially at those speeds. Glad to see everyone is physically ok and hope the bikes aren't to bad. At least someone got it one camera.

So know show us the rolling footage,
PLEASE!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #23
351fox
BRAWP BRAWP

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

06 gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BeastMaster View Post
Hate to see this kind of thing happen. Especially at those speeds. Glad to see everyone is physically ok and hope the bikes aren't to bad. At least someone got it one camera.

So know show us the rolling footage,
PLEASE!
Look one thread below this one.
351fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
The BeastMaster
AKA "Reese"

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
03 honda magna
08 honda 1000 cbr
97 Honda Magna(sold)
87 Honda TRX 250R 4wheeler(sold)
1985 Honda CR 125R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fox View Post
Look one thread below this one.
yep I just got thru viewing it. happens quick.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #25
rhenriksen

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayrkaleem View Post
Okay this made me understand it better, thanks. So you can accelerate still in a lean but if youre in max lean then you better calm your down with the throttle
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #26
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

Get you off the seat!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
myla296

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
In a way, i was part to be blamed for Yorke's crash. It was the last lap, i was getting too tired, and knew Yorke was behind me.
I am finally learning to not worry about the people behind me, I need to focus on what I'm doing and do it well or pit out. But, you are not to blame. Yorke was the only one controlling his bike and is a very lucky man to get through what was pretty horrific with possibly only a broken pinky toe
myla296 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement