Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #21
Bigshankhank

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomzrex View Post
what do y'all think about the Suzuki VS1400 Intruder/S83 boulevard line anybody have any 1st hand info on them?
I used to ride a VS1400 for a few weeks back in the 90's that I borrowed from a friend. 4 Speed transmission, I felt like I was riding my old ironhead Sportster again. Seriously, it was a great bike and as cruisers go it is probably the only one that doesn't directly follow the Harley mold which I can appreciate, but looking back only having four gears was a bit of a PITA. I never had problems in city or interstate riding on it, so I guess my complaint is mainly just a hang up from being used to 6-speeds, but it unnerved me when I couldn't shift up any higher. I don't know if the S83 variant corrected this.
Oh yeah, it uses a tiny battery that is uber-expensive.

Also, back when I was 10 my parents bought a house from the family of a man who fell down the stairs into the basement and died. He wasn't found for three weeks until people at work missed him. We got the house super cheap, they were upfront about what happened and my parents sat my sisters and I down to tell us about it. Never bothered any of us, don't know it would matter if someone was hurt or killed on a machine. I'd just as soon believe the machine has a soul of its own as I would that it has a poltergeist.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
buying thoughts cytukyl General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 09-18-2011 08:38 AM
What to look for when buying used Mase General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-08-2010 09:25 PM
Buying Used dtlam_88 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 01-31-2008 01:48 PM
buying a bike manitzchris General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 12-31-2007 09:31 AM
Buying help ! optionet General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 09-25-2007 10:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #22
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomzrex View Post
what do y'all think about the Suzuki VS1400 Intruder/S83 boulevard line anybody have any 1st hand info on them?
An '07 S83 was the first bike I bought when I got back to riding 2yrs ago. Last yr of production and rolled off the delivery truck at my house with less than 1 mi on the clock. The basic design hasn't changed much since the 80's. Later model had 5sp gearbox and slightly different handlebars. For a 1400cc cruiser, it weighs a lot less than most of the newer cruiser these days.

The later years will probably run excessively lean because of EPA, so a stage 1 ket kit is a must. I did that with mine and it ran a lot better. Accessories are starting to get scarce, but I had no problem getting all the farkles I wanted, off ebay and such. Overall, a great metric cruiser for the money.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4379s.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	65176  
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #23
myla296

Feedback Rating: (1)

I got my bike off of craigslist...that site can be annoying, but it worked out really well in this case! So, don't cross that off if you want a chance!
myla296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #24
phantomzrex

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R R.I.P.

BIG,and volfy, thanks for the info just the kind of stuff i was looking for,hav'nt made my mind up yet but those are on the list. Stay safe out there!
phantomzrex is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement