MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #21
shaunsmith

Feedback Rating: (0)

Welcome Dear.What bike you plan to get. I am Shaun smith. I am new on this forum. I have heard umpteen good comments about this forum. Now finally i have decided to sign up and join the company of good people here. I hope we will have a good time by helping each other.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 AM   #22
johnny_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomikedao View Post
Oh ! Me too. I'll try to calm myself. Have you signed up for a course yet? And what bike do you plan on getting?
Yeah! i signed up at MRH for March 2 and 3! Friggin excited!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunsmith View Post
Welcome Dear.What bike you plan to get. I am Shaun smith. I am new on this forum. I have heard umpteen good comments about this forum. Now finally i have decided to sign up and join the company of good people here. I hope we will have a good time by helping each other.
I wish to get a R6 or R1 later down the future, but as of right now Im just looking for a good starter bike that way get the experience and any accidents/drops/scratches out of the way. Something like a 250 or 500? or maybe even a SV?
johnny_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #23
johnny_boy

Also, im in the market for a helmet. What size helmet should i be, i'm a 7 5/8 in hat size. Any suggestions on brands? looking to spend $30-$75 on a helmet (dont mind if its being used). Thanks!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 AM   #24
whomikedao
Physicist

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(sold)
'05 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636(sold)
Honda Rebel 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_boy View Post
Also, im in the market for a helmet. What size helmet should i be, i'm a 7 5/8 in hat size. Any suggestions on brands? looking to spend $30-$75 on a helmet (dont mind if its being used). Thanks!
Each brand is a bit different with different cushioning. So it's hard to figure but you could use their website as reference. You should hit me up whenever you need help or get a bike. I'm in the SW area.

Please tell me I'm not the only nerd here
whomikedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #25
DShaw1914
Big Man Rider

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R 636 (sold)
07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Welcome
Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #26
lone_rider
SDRC RouteMaster

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'08 CBR1000rr
'09 Kawi C-14 RIP

Re: Hello!

Welcome!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #27
Donte
Im The Dreaded One

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GS500F

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_boy View Post
Never buy a used helmet, you dont know if it has had a hard drop and has dented the inner foam padding. Also the price range you looking at the only thing that you will be getting is an off the wall brand or Bilt helmet. I personally dont trust Bilt, because of cheap quaility stuff they make. My first helmet was a 100 dollars and was on sale but it was an HJC helmet and it gets the job done. The helmet im looking at right now cost 200 dollars and is an HJC with a internal sun visor, i believe its its the IS 16. As for you size go down to cycle gear or any moto shop and just try on every brand, if they dont have a helmet you like at least you will know about what you head size is for the brand and can order on online. Keep each helmet on for a while and see if it has any pressure points that bother you, your going to be wearing it for a while if you buy and it needs to be comfortable to you.If you want a good solid helmet price is going to be at least $150 and up just like most moto related gear. Welcome to riding its expensive and addictive.
Donte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #28
johnny_boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomikedao View Post
Each brand is a bit different with different cushioning. So it's hard to figure but you could use their website as reference. You should hit me up whenever you need help or get a bike. I'm in the SW area.
Thanks just did, apparently i'm a XL... which im not sure if that might be right..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte View Post
Never buy a used helmet, you dont know if it has had a hard drop and has dented the inner foam padding. Also the price range you looking at the only thing that you will be getting is an off the wall brand or Bilt helmet. I personally dont trust Bilt, because of cheap quaility stuff they make. My first helmet was a 100 dollars and was on sale but it was an HJC helmet and it gets the job done. The helmet im looking at right now cost 200 dollars and is an HJC with a internal sun visor, i believe its its the IS 16. As for you size go down to cycle gear or any moto shop and just try on every brand, if they dont have a helmet you like at least you will know about what you head size is for the brand and can order on online. Keep each helmet on for a while and see if it has any pressure points that bother you, your going to be wearing it for a while if you buy and it needs to be comfortable to you.If you want a good solid helmet price is going to be at least $150 and up just like most moto related gear. Welcome to riding its expensive and addictive.
Thanks! yea, I wasn't sure at the price range i should be looking at. I've based my prices off of craigslist and such.

Advertisement