MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 11:31 PM   #1
mnovell
Senior Member
 
mnovell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 336

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'14 BMW S1000R (White)
'14 Honda Grom
'99 KX500
'99 RM125






MSR-Houston 2/25/07 Pictures

I've posted up a few of the pictures I took today at MSR. You can see more at http://mnovell.smugmug.com/gallery/2516636

132163746 L

132164059 L

132164309 L

132164549 L

132164882 L

132165238 L

132165464 L

132165488 L

132165622 L

132165705 L

132165815 L

132165963 L
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill

You like working over riding? I mean I really doubt when you are an old man you are going to say to yourself "man I wished I worked more and did less track days." I really doubt it"

Last edited by mnovell; 02-25-2007 at 11:35 PM.
mnovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ridesmart Track Day - MSR-Houston - 7/25 - **Follow Up** cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 58 07-29-2009 11:48 PM
Ridesmart Track Day - MSR-Houston - 7/25 - ROLL CALL cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 104 07-24-2009 11:27 PM
Ridesmart Track Day - MSR-Houston - 4.25.09 - (ROLL CALL) cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 107 04-25-2009 05:28 AM
PICTURES FROM MSR HOUSTON Flyboy Video's and Photo's 28 03-31-2009 12:03 AM
MSR HOUSTON 09/23/07 jedikiller Events, Meets and Rides 7 09-19-2007 10:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #2
Robert95z
Ro-Beer-To
 
Robert95z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dickinson, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 812

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
02 F4i SOLD, 07 CBR600RR SOLD









Didnt know they had track days on sundays.. Are these like expert classes? Ive never done a track day but I work on saturdays...

Otherwise, cool pics!
Robert95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict
 
buddha429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 2,884

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard









this was a makeup day from saturdays rainout.

my contribution to this thread, several pics from saturday and more from today. they're not as good quality as mnovell's pics, but incase someone wanted one of themself.
http://www.putfile.com/buddha429/images/86506

thanks goes out to the longhorn staff and msrh management for rescheduling. thanks to these guys for very informative help and making me, the new guy, feel very comfortable on the track, derek (mulatto), jason (riddler), and alanzo (dr. gonzo) see yall next week.

Last edited by buddha429; 02-25-2007 at 11:53 PM.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:47 PM   #4
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,903

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


great pix.... what body/lense(s) did you use?
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #5
TWISTED METAL
Banned
 
TWISTED METAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: socal...miss tx but then again i don't...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,105


Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE









User is banned

.
TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #6
mnovell
Senior Member
 
mnovell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 336

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'14 BMW S1000R (White)
'14 Honda Grom
'99 KX500
'99 RM125






Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
great pix.... what body/lense(s) did you use?
Thanks. Nikon D50 with 18-200mm VR lens. I just got the camera about a month ago and the lens a couple weeks ago. I'm still trying to get my technique down.

Mike
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill

You like working over riding? I mean I really doubt when you are an old man you are going to say to yourself "man I wished I worked more and did less track days." I really doubt it"
mnovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
stlal
Superman
 
stlal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,310


Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior









Send a message via MSN to stlal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTED METAL
f'n bill....lol

gixxerbill put on a stunt show today? lol
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/amoney2
stlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:55 PM   #8
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha429
this was a makeup day from saturdays rainout.

my contribution to this thread, several pics from saturday and more from today. they're not as good quality as mnovell's pics, but incase someone wanted one of themself.
http://www.putfile.com/buddha429/images/86506

thanks goes out to the longhorn staff and msrh management for rescheduling. thanks to these guys for very informative help and making me, the new guy, feel very comfortable on the track, derek (mulatto), jason (riddler), and alanzo (dr. gonzo) see yall next week.
AND THANKS TO ME FOR TAKING THE PICTURES WITH YOUR CAMERA...i sat out a few sessions to take those pictures.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #9
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
is this radar?

MSR-Houston 2/25/07 Pictures
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]

Last edited by houseofpaint; 02-26-2007 at 12:01 AM.
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:24 AM   #10
TWISTED METAL
Banned
 
TWISTED METAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: socal...miss tx but then again i don't...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,105


Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE









User is banned

.
TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:24 AM   #11
TWISTED METAL
Banned
 
TWISTED METAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: socal...miss tx but then again i don't...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,105


Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE









User is banned

.
TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:44 AM   #12
Kuche636
Member
 
Kuche636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bryan
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 12


Bike(s):
05 Ninja 636, 89' FZR 600, 01 RM 125(stolen)









speaking of radar, anyone talk to him lately tonight since he went down pretty bad at the track, just wondering how he was doing caus his bike looked thrashed
Kuche636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:54 AM   #13
baliqsR1
blueR1
 
baliqsR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Medical Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 258


Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 K4(FOR SALE), SV650 (track), Honda CR250R









Send a message via AIM to baliqsR1 Send a message via MSN to baliqsR1 Send a message via Yahoo to baliqsR1
nice pics..looks like yall had fun
baliqsR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:57 AM   #14
TWISTED METAL
Banned
 
TWISTED METAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: socal...miss tx but then again i don't...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,105


Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE









User is banned

.
TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:25 AM   #15
notstock22
Member
 
notstock22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 88


Bike(s):
2005 GSXR-750









Send a message via AIM to notstock22
some nice pic...gixxerbill nice hand down and wheelies lol
notstock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:53 AM   #16
Radar
Senior Member
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,045


Bike(s):
CBR1000RR









Guys and gals - just got home and just got out of my Vanson bottoms - had em on since 9am - that is for sure a record for me. I first and foremost want to thank everyone who helped me after my crash @ MSR, MOST ESPECIALLY my wife Becky, Gixxerbill, The Sheets Bros, Larry G, Larry Meyers, Alfonzo, and the guy in Green Leathers on a green Kawi who was first on the scene at the crash, and had the good sense to get me out of the race line and out of harms way. Thanks Jerry for leading me in (on Larry Meyers bike, and Buck and Jason to get it parked and point me to the hospital, and the crash crew for retrieving my bike/gear/and various parts. I'm sure there were others I am forgetting - Thanks to everyone!
All in all I'm fine and consider myself extremely lucky after a getoff at probably the fastest place on the track. Nothing broken - no road rash - none - zero. Looked at first like my left hand could be broken - xrays looked great. Sore ribs, sore foot, sore right hand - forehead has a small strip of friction burn from the helmet - doesn't hurt at all tonight. I'm sure I'll be one sore guy tomorrow - I'll take it and be thankful. Bike to be evaluated later - looks torn up - better the bike than me. Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by Radar; 02-26-2007 at 02:00 AM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 06:20 AM   #17
maskale
Senior Member
 
maskale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,319

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight








Good to hear man.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #18
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2
 
Mrs. ~T~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 290 @ huffmeister
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 12,989


Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600









Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
Guys and gals - just got home and just got out of my Vanson bottoms - had em on since 9am - that is for sure a record for me. I first and foremost want to thank everyone who helped me after my crash @ MSR, MOST ESPECIALLY my wife Becky, Gixxerbill, The Sheets Bros, Larry G, Larry Meyers, Alfonzo, and the guy in Green Leathers on a green Kawi who was first on the scene at the crash, and had the good sense to get me out of the race line and out of harms way. Thanks Jerry for leading me in (on Larry Meyers bike, and Buck and Jason to get it parked and point me to the hospital, and the crash crew for retrieving my bike/gear/and various parts. I'm sure there were others I am forgetting - Thanks to everyone!
All in all I'm fine and consider myself extremely lucky after a getoff at probably the fastest place on the track. Nothing broken - no road rash - none - zero. Looked at first like my left hand could be broken - xrays looked great. Sore ribs, sore foot, sore right hand - forehead has a small strip of friction burn from the helmet - doesn't hurt at all tonight. I'm sure I'll be one sore guy tomorrow - I'll take it and be thankful. Bike to be evaluated later - looks torn up - better the bike than me. Thanks again everyone.


i seen the honda go down but never in a million years did i ever think it was YOU! the all MIGHTY DOUG! :icon_bigg but im glad becky took care of you, and im glad to hear that bill was able to get ur trailer to you safley! (he was VERY wirried about that) get well soon!
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:10 AM   #19
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,770

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





good to hear you're ok Doug, i didn't think it was you, i took some good pics but i wont post em up unless you say its ok to.

get better soon, you'll be needing a little repair work on your jacket tho. All in all, it held up pretty good..
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #20
Radar
Senior Member
 
Radar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,045


Bike(s):
CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
good to hear you're ok Doug, i didn't think it was you, i took some good pics but i wont post em up unless you say its ok to.

get better soon, you'll be needing a little repair work on your jacket tho. All in all, it held up pretty good..
Post any pictures you want James. I haven't seen the jacket yet, but if it,s total trash I'm still happy - it took good care of me. Thanks for the kind words.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy