MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
SideVinder650

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Arrow Vitals Leather keychain

Hey guys, Im doing a run of vitals leather key chains for guys over on SVR and i thought i'd extend the benefit to you guys as well

here is what they look like the description reads:

John Doe
Blood: O-
Allergies: Bees, Peanut Oil
Rx: Tylenol 3
Emergency #:555-4321
Organ Donor: Y
Do not resucitate

Im trying to come up with several looks such as a key chain that doesnt require a ring by utilizing a tail with a rounded end that goes thru the hole to secure the leather tag to itself and a key (dunno how well that would hold up in wind) but i just thought these would be super useful in the event of a crisis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	health_tag2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	64999   Click image for larger version

Name:	health_tag1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	65000  
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help with Leather edgarf23 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 05-04-2014 08:54 AM
I thought it was real leather, I paid for leather, got some other form Hilton urbanXJ Off Topic 28 04-03-2013 09:10 AM
Under The Leather???? novajess1972 General Discussion (Moto Related) 45 06-10-2011 01:57 PM
looking for leather gulfdiver37 Gear Talk 14 03-29-2011 02:30 PM
all leather the same? MrT713 Gear Talk 13 10-13-2009 10:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
Jyn
Resident Hooligan

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
DRZ400 supermoto (sold)
06 600RR (boom)
2015 Yamaha R1 (sold)

A little FYI -- that is not a legal form of a 'do not resuscitate .' A paramedic will not honor that, neither will they go looking for your keys to find it.
Jyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

and FYI, the above is just a sample, i actually put that as tongue in cheek, and its better to have something than nothing at all, but you can ride as you always have. suits me and you just fine it seems.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
Jyn
Resident Hooligan

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
DRZ400 supermoto (sold)
06 600RR (boom)
2015 Yamaha R1 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degree View Post
and its better to have something than nothing at all,
Umm, not in this case. No medical professional in Texas will even look at that.

Just trying to be helpful, you douchenugget. Don't want you giving people a false hope that they'll be able to get crunk with jesus without being interrupted.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Hey man if you want one just let me know, no need to brew a storm in your teacup. And how can you undeniably say that NOT having SOMETHING is better than just riding around with nothing? That is simply your opinion, and i believe it to be wrong. we all know that when accidents happen they remove keys from vehicles so to make sure they are off, and to cut the ignition thats still running in many cases.

Medical professional? its not meant for a doctor dingus, its meant for any ems or good samaritan who is providing assistance until EMS can arrive...jesus look past the tip of your nose. or is your local ems your medical professional?

Last edited by SideVinder650; 02-04-2013 at 10:12 PM.
SideVinder650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Jyn
Resident Hooligan

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
DRZ400 supermoto (sold)
06 600RR (boom)
2015 Yamaha R1 (sold)

Medical professionals extend to EMS. Derpfuckingderp. You're advertising something as a DNR that is 100% not even relevantly close to being legally acceptable, and any person trying to resuscitate you is not going to pay it any mind. That's not an opinion.

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/emstraumasystems/dnr.shtm
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #7
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Volunteer EMS? professional? Advertising? I guess with my CPR/FA training that makes me a professional too?

even though i already stated that when i put DNR on that keychain it was tongue in cheek i'll direct you to the following paragraphs in the link you just posted:
Quote:
1) An intact, unaltered, easily identifiable plastic identification OOH DNR bracelet, with the word "Texas" (or a representation of the geographical shape of Texas and the word "STOP" imposed over the shape) and the words "Do Not Resuscitate", shall be honored by qualified EMS personnel in lieu of an original OOH DNR Order form.

OR

(2) An intact, unaltered, easily identifiable metal bracelet or necklace inscribed with the words, "Texas Do Not Resuscitate - OOH" shall be honored by qualified EMS personnel in lieu of an OOH DNR Order form.
it appears that texas has realized that its citizens would rather not be restricted to 1-2 DNR id devices and have laxed up a bit in their requirements for (like the helmet laws) identification as such, i'll again say that having ANYTHING is better than nothing, and you can say its not good or hopeless all you want but like i said its better than nothing and will definitely be an identifiable, useful piece of information in the event the owner is ever in a wreck that requires medical personnel to say cut thru your clothes and you dont have any other information (i would personally keep a few documents that i.d. me in several places) that again its better than nothing and is KINDA like you said, ornamental in that its both for fun and informative. So if one were to see DNR on a leather keychain it would lead them to believe that person might have filed the proper paperwork and would then lead them to go check for filed paperwork...

understand?

Last edited by SideVinder650; 02-04-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #8
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
Umm, not in this case. No medical professional in Texas will even look at that.

Just trying to be helpful, you douchenugget. Don't want you giving people a false hope that they'll be able to get crunk with jesus without being interrupted.
hahahahaahaha You made me laugh twice.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Quote:
they'll be able to get crunk with jesus without being interrupted.
didnt see that part, it is kinda funny.

but still how can the guy sit there and knock a safety device, thats like saying the weird guy who wants to wear a neck brace while riding his motorcycle is dumb. its not for everyone, but hey, to each their own.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #10
Trish

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM

Because he actually knows what he's talking about... for once!

It's a great idea and all, and a nice gesture for you to setup and offer.... the DNR part just might not hold up. I also would question how soon they would look at your keys for that information.

What I did see one time was a dude with the info on the side of his helmet. I thought that was genius!
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #11
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Well like i said, the DNR was tongue in cheek. I didnt expect someone to think John Doe would really care if he was resuscitated or not. then go linking laws that are in flux after i told him it was a joke.

But on that same note: the side of the helmet is the first to get scraped so while im sure it looks pretty while he's riding down the street unscratched, the minute he crashes that suckers gone. when you consider all the places to put such information to me the only good places are: wallet, keychain, inside the helmet (itchy?) and i dunno maybe underneath the seat. i gaurantee if you crash off your bike back wheel spinning the police, a good samartin or ems or someone is gonna cut your ignition and take your keys and find the chain.

The key chain is a good idea, and if you look, you'd see that they're sold everywhere mostly metal or in dog tag form, i just put them on leather since i dont like scratches on my triple.

Last edited by SideVinder650; 02-04-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
Jyn
Resident Hooligan

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
DRZ400 supermoto (sold)
06 600RR (boom)
2015 Yamaha R1 (sold)

I mentioned it because there are people who genuinely have beliefs that pertain to not being resuscitated, and I'd hope that those people would sign the required forms and have the proper identification, but not everyone knows. I'd rather you have genuine DNR if that's what you want, than bringing you back and you living as a vegetable for the rest of your life.

Last edited by Jyn; 02-04-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
little6

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
k6 600 gixxer (now a Theif owns it)
2011 gsxr 600
1976 cb360
250 track bike

here we go
little6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #14
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Quote:
here we go
here ya go!

Anyway,
I think it looks semi-professional and if the owner did have DNR on the key chain (and had the proper paperwork filled out) i believe the medics would be more inclined to look for one of the ID Cards mentioned in your link or find out whether they were filed or not.

If the tag was seen, and the owner truley wished not to be resuscitated having it displayed would prob help his cause whether he has filled out the paperwork or not.

So what is the big problem with putting it on there even though the law says you have to have a card or a bracelet. it doesnt say you cant have anything else or are limited to just those items. what if you already had the card and wanted it on there anyway? Just seems like your making a big stink out of nothing. it would be silly to wear something that says DNR when you do want to be resuscitated.

Last edited by SideVinder650; 02-04-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #15
Jyn
Resident Hooligan

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
DRZ400 supermoto (sold)
06 600RR (boom)
2015 Yamaha R1 (sold)

Quote:

So what is the big problem with putting it on there even though the law says you have to have a card or a bracelet. what if you already had the card and wanted it on there anyway? Just seems like your making a big stink out of nothing.
lol I'll say it again: no one is going to look for your keys if you're in cardiac arrest and read the fob for a DNR sign. There's a reason why people who truly want to keep a DNR have a shiny bracelet that say something like "STOP."

It's just a silly, unnecessary thing, kind of like having the organ donor stamp on there. It means nothing to anybody in the field (police, ems).

Anyways, good luck.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #16
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

Quote:
here ya go!

Anyway,
I think it looks semi-professional and if the owner did have DNR on the key chain (and had the proper paperwork filled out) i believe the medics would be more inclined to look for one of the ID Cards mentioned in your link or find out whether they were filed or not.

If the tag was seen, and the owner truley wished not to be resuscitated having it displayed would prob help his cause whether he has filled out the paperwork or not.

So what is the big problem with putting it on there even though the law says you have to have a card or a bracelet. it doesnt say you cant have anything else or are limited to just those items. what if you already had the card and wanted it on there anyway? Just seems like your making a big stink out of nothing. it would be silly to wear something that says DNR when you do want to be resuscitated.

I for one think its a great idea.... legal or not.
There are other ways to get your point accross other than name calling. Maybe you stole his/her idea....lol
Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

Also contact info on the other side would be a nice addition as well.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

I seriously think you're underestimating the severity of motorcycle accident.

imagine for a moment that your in rush hour traffic and a guy infront of you slams on his brakes, you fly into the rear end of his car your bike goes one way you go the other several people get out to help you, one is checking your pulse and hopefully not removing your helmet another person goes to your bike and turns it off because the wheels are still spinning and gasoline from your busted tank is spiling all over the freeway, notices the big medical star on your key chain and picks it up and looks at it.

simple as that.

Quote:
Maybe you stole his/her idea....lol
no i think its a part of a larger problem with people as a whole, to attack others who are out trying to pave their own way rather than rely on a system that doesnt work for you.

Last edited by SideVinder650; 02-04-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #19
Jyn
Resident Hooligan

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
DRZ400 supermoto (sold)
06 600RR (boom)
2015 Yamaha R1 (sold)

Or you could just get a medical alert tag.

29733 funny celebrity pictures you dont say
Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #20
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

anyways, im just getting used to how this machine we have that does the etching works.

i plan to use it to make back patches for MC clubs and , but im not that good yet.

heres another little design i made:

24vprna

Quote:
or you could just get a medical tag
are you even reading the reples? I already said that this was an alternative to the metal medical tags, which i prob wouldnt use because metal scratches up the triple tree. If you dont like it fine, buzz.

Advertisement