MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 03:54 PM   #1
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Last Man Standing? Ever heard of this race?

I say we get a motohouston entry next year, I'll help with some sponsorship.

http://www.mx247.com/home/results/en...tmanstand.html

Knight wins ’06 Red Bull Last Man Standing

Reigning Enduro 3 world champion David Knight has successfully defended his Red Bull Last Man Standing crown by winning the ’06 event in style. Winning the day race by around 30 minutes Knight then dominated the night event finishing one-hour ahead of his nearest, and only, rival to collect the $10’000 first prize.

Arriving into Texas after winning the Barcelona Indoor Enduro Knighter was greeted by clear skies and warm weather – but that soon changed. With just days to go before the race temperatures dropped to minus eight degrees Celsius with snow, rain, ice and thunder and lightning causing many to question if the event would run at all. It did and Knighter once again showed that he is without doubt the world’s best extreme enduro racer.

Wet, slippery and as tough as the now discontinued Gilles Lalay Classic, Knight completed the 40-mile day loop in a time of just over two-and-a-half hours, having been told that it would probably take him four hours. With riders required to finish no more than one-hour behind the race winner in order to pass through to the night race, Knight’s blistering pace resulted in just 11 riders reaching the finish within the allotted time.

Again getting a good start in the night race Knight quickly pulled away from his rivals despite making a wrong turn shortly after the start. Just 15 minutes into the night race Knight was faced with one of the event’s biggest and hardest challenges – a seriously steep climb with a vertical step at the top. With no outside assistance permitted Knight needed 15 minutes to manhandle his bike up and over the climb during which time none of his rivals arrived at the base of the steep hill. Battling alone during the night after two hours of riding David was forced to stop and fix what he thought was a broken headlight. On closer inspection David realised that he’s spent the first 120 minutes riding with his main li

ght switched off. Switching it back on David arrived at the finish one-hour later having completed what he described as ‘the hardest race’ of his life. In an unofficial time of just under three hours David won the second running of the Red Bull Last Man Standing with just one other competitor reaching the finish.

After an incredible season in which David has won the Enduro 3 World Enduro Championship, the Overall British Enduro Championship, the Barcelona and Genoa indoor enduros, ’s Gate, The Tough One, Erzberg Rodeo and now Red Bull Last Man Standing Knighter heads to his Isle of Man home for a well deserved winter break before starting preparations for ‘07.

David Knight: “Last year the race was challenging but not too difficult but this year it was as hard as the Gilles Lalay Classic. It was amazing how the weather changed – it was really nice when I stepped off the plane but then it turned really bad. It was obvious during practice on Friday that the race was going to be difficult – the ground was really wet, which made everything so slippery. Winning is great and the event was amazing, probably the hardest race I’ve done.

“The morning race went well, but it was tough. I got a good start but got stopped by one of the first climbs. We had to help each other get our bikes to the top of one of a steep climb. There were lots of other hard sections but when I got to the first route check I was told that I was 20 minutes ahead. After that I just tried not to get stuck or make any mistakes.

“The night race was really hard. It didn’t help riding with my main light turned off for the first two hours but apart from that it went well. There were some sections harder than in the morning but I just kept pushing and didn’t have too many problems. I knew that if I was finding it hard then the other riders would be struggling.”

Results: ’06 Red Bull Last Man Standing
# 1. David Knight KTM
# 2. Wayne Braybrook Gas Gas

NB: At time of issue no official results were available. Knight and Braybrook were the only two riders to reach the end of the night race.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have any of you used/heard of these race fairings? BIGD929RR Taking it to the Track 11 09-20-2006 02:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
ridinred
Bike Mania

Feedback Rating: (0)

Ive ridden a enduro where that takes place. Its pretty serious. I didnt do the last man standing competition but i think it is a invite only anyways.

Its in a recent dirtrider i saw some pics having to go up this river uphill with like 1.5ft waterfalls every 30-40ft while water is coming down the rocks. :confused1
Old 02-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #3
JaYRillo
aRe JoO sErIoUs?

Send a message via AIM to JaYRillo
i watched some of this yesterday on speed. it was here in texas. its pimp, i would do it.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #4
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I'm in!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #5
ysr612

Bike(s):
Transalp, DRZ, Hurricane

I hate to say it but you guy's ain't right in the head. That race will freeze you and break your bones not a good thing for humans to do.

now the Gold rush sounds fun and I want to do that.
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #6
Gabe

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
z50, ZX6R, Bianchi

We ride up there where the race was held all the time. I dont know how well you guys ride but it is a NASTY NASTY race. I know the area and dont want any part of the sections that lay out for that race.
If anyone wants to come up and ride, some friends and I can take you out there and show you around.
-Gabe

Last edited by Gabe; 02-26-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Red River Motorcycle Trails. :notworthy I pretty much grew up there. My family and I used to go camping/riding there at least once a month during fall/winter/early spring. That place is great. Nothing like heading out for a ride till it's lunch time, then head back to camp, eat some lunch, then ride the rest of the day and never ride the same trail twice...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:21 PM   #8
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

BiPOLAR RACING will go!!!! After all, we just SPANKED Buck and his boys, so we are on a roll!!!!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #9
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

David Knight is the king of Endurance..

to put it in a way americans can understand..

you all know of travis pastrana.. Time magazine said he was the best motorcycle rider to ever live, at the 99? xgames they were trying to figure out how a 16 y/o kid was the best at freestyle, 01 des nations (best motorcross comp ever world wide event) he pretty much destroyed everyone on a 125, and in 01 killed Roncoda in the last 2 motos of the season to get his #1 plate.

anyway.. the kid looks up to David Knight like he is his dad. the guy is a beast.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:00 PM   #10
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

erzberg... the REAL hardest race ever...

500 enter.. 20 finish. (average)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iive_ov0qKY
Old 02-26-2007, 08:04 PM   #11
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

after travis finished in 06.. this is on the NC4 video.. but him jeremy mcgrath and a few others went and only him and jeremy finished..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9yQZj2vKLm4

he has finished it several times.. in 05 he started in the lead.. held it for an hour or so.. attempted a back flip going up a mountain and crashed .. still finished within 1 hour of the winner.. David Knight.

Advertisement