Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #21
GSXR-DJ

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2007 GSX-R 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I know that feeling. My radiator popped and was spraying my front wheel and front brakes while leaving a nice trail for my rear to slide in.
Well i know how sketchy my ride was so i could only imagine what yours was like.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
neen ride to Wild West Honda in Katy ekfraz General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 01-24-2013 02:18 PM
Mr Hare's wild ride RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 09-07-2012 12:56 PM
Mr. Trash's Wild Ride BikerBarbie Off Topic 40 07-30-2006 08:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #22
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

i have had my motor blow on my and oil leaking everywhere. I even sprayed everyone behind me lmao!! I just slowed it down gradually and nothing happened.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I was very lucky. We were hitting lots of big sweeping turns wide open. It must have been hit by a rock in the last 140+ish turn. We hit straight road and we all slowed down for a fork in the road and to let the group catch up. I was sliding straight rather than turning. I decided straight was best at that point. Luckily straight was an option. The front was sliding and the rear was locking up and sliding with the slightest lever pressure. I worked the brakes very carefully till I stopped. I was glad I was with the group I was with. They fixed my leak and filled my radiator. I was too in the head to mess with it at the time. I was amazed I stayed up and I can only imagine what would have happened if we had hit one more high speed turn. Fayetteville (sp)
Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #24
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
I was very lucky. We were hitting lots of big sweeping turns wide open. It must have been hit by a rock in the last 140+ish turn. We hit straight road and we all slowed down for a fork in the road and to let the group catch up. I was sliding straight rather than turning. I decided straight was best at that point. Luckily straight was an option. The front was sliding and the rear was locking up and sliding with the slightest lever pressure. I worked the brakes very carefully till I stopped. I was glad I was with the group I was with. They fixed my leak and filled my radiator. I was too in the head to mess with it at the time. I was amazed I stayed up and I can only imagine what would have happened if we had hit one more high speed turn. Fayetteville (sp)
yea i was saying the same thinking the same thing that day. Luckily mine happened on the freeway and not in a big sweeping turn
Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #25
GSXR-DJ

Bike(s):
2007 GSX-R 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Man yeah I can't quite compair to that but i think when you experience something like that type of situation that its makes you better aware of what you need to do with the bike in a hairy situation.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #26
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

One wild ride today.

Practice helps. The more it happens the better you get at it. My bike breaks loos on the big end of the drag strip sometimes. The back end gets loose at 130 ish and smokes the tire. It's not a big deal anymore. I'm talking the rear out of line enough that you can see me counter steering. You have to sleep it spinning till you straighten out. You can't let it hook up when you're that sideways or you're going over I have shots of the rear getting sideways and smoking. Cool shots
Old 02-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #27
GSXR-DJ

Bike(s):
2007 GSX-R 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Practice helps. The more it happens the better you get at it. My bike breaks loos on the big end of the drag strip sometimes. The back end gets loose at 130 ish and smokes the tire. It's not a big deal anymore. I'm talking the rear out of line enough that you can see me counter steering. You have to sleep it spinning till you straighten out. You can't let it hook up when you're that sideways or you're going over I have shots of the rear getting sideways and smoking. Cool shots
Yeah i bet so and you aren't kidding about getting that thing straightened out before you let if hook. Now that will send you into acrobatics.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #28
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Looks like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	264119_104238386338189_3039905_n.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	65001  
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #29
GSXR-DJ

Bike(s):
2007 GSX-R 750

Member Garage

Makes for an awesome pic tho
Old 02-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #30
SideVinder650

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

do you park the bike outside? is it possible that maybe the recent cold spats we've been having caused the belt to freeze up at the neck and cracked it, or maybe phase change when going from icy-ish to warm cause it to stress.

looks like a very common issue though, good save. but for a 2007 seems a little odd. (gonna check my 08's hoses next TCLOCS)
Old 02-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #31
GSXR-DJ

Bike(s):
2007 GSX-R 750

Member Garage

Yes its parked outside under a carport which wouldn't make a difference but it hasn't been cold enough to freeze anti-freeze, which i keep in it during the winter time and drain n replace with just distilled water and water wetter.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #32
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

No more antifreeze for me. You know why. lol
Old 02-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #33
GSXR-DJ

Bike(s):
2007 GSX-R 750

Member Garage

Yeah im just gonna stick with good ole H2O like you do on the track.

Advertisement