Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #81
grsa

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

You confuse your legion of haters with sage advice. Quit thinking you are hated, we love you man.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone want to ride? Around 9pm Groceryboy Events, Meets and Rides 0 05-31-2012 06:59 PM
Rollcall: 9pm Yankee Stadium flip326 Sports 21 08-01-2010 12:45 PM
***BIKE RALLY 4-9PM*** 6ig6lueGsxr Events, Meets and Rides 0 10-24-2009 12:54 PM
bike down on Spencer in Pasadena 9pm bluewave18 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 05-19-2008 07:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #82
little6

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
k6 600 gixxer (now a Theif owns it)
2011 gsxr 600
1976 cb360
250 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
yea. i broke the good hand... im playing stranger the next 4 weeks
little6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #83
TheHoneyBadger
The Resident Badger

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Tour of Best rides inside 610. 9pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by little6 View Post
yea. i broke the good hand... im playing stranger the next 4 weeks
BAHAHAHAHAHA! Won't be a stranger after too long. Is it that like getting Catfish'd?
CMRA Novice #293 I don't care. You'll learn that.
'06 Z750 nekkie/big bars -1/+2, TTR90 big bore, TTR 50 stunt, XR50, XR 100, CR250R, YZ450F
TheHoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #84
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

This all ride sounds like B.O.R.C style to me
Old 02-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #85
socksta

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Buell 1125cr
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R

Internal Affairs complaint officially filed! Sucks because now I'm going actually get a ticket. The officer told me as I was leaving that he was not going to show to the court date and that it would be dismissed. It was his semi apology for acting out of line. Well, I'll pay the price of the ticket and increased insurance for this to go on his record. He is going to eventually kill somebody if he already hasn't. His actions endanger not only motorcyclists but fellow police officers as well.
socksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #86
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by socksta View Post
Internal Affairs complaint officially filed! Sucks because now I'm going actually get a ticket. The officer told me as I was leaving that he was not going to show to the court date and that it would be dismissed. It was his semi apology for acting out of line. Well, I'll pay the price of the ticket and increased insurance for this to go on his record. He is going to eventually kill somebody if he already hasn't. His actions endanger not only motorcyclists but fellow police officers as well.
good for you

Pm fresnel, and see what he can do.

I would say its worth it too bad you didnt have a gopro recording.

He still might not show up and if he does I would love to stand there and explain everything that happened in detail in front of a Judge or Jury. Might still get off.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.

Last edited by green600; 02-01-2013 at 04:59 PM.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #87
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Tour of Best rides inside 610. 9pm

Yea pm wakjum(fresnal) or call him and ask him what to do in the whole process.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #88
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Well all of this cop talk was rather prophetic. After meeting up at my first motorcycle meet up ever and talking for a bit we decided it was time to hit the road! We met up on the sidewalk area under the bridge. Looking back on it that was not the smartest place. I didn't even make it off the sidewalk a cop lit us up. I looked over he had his gun drawn at my head with his window down. I was just walking the bike off the sidewalk at this point so I stopped and kind of just stared at him like a deer in headlights. It really took a second to process WTF was happening. I was just staring at his finger which was on the trigger and he was jerking the gun up and down as he was yelling. I couldn't hear anything I had ear plugs in and my full helmet of course. He got out of the car and I could hear him tell me to raise my hands or he'd shoot me, etc. I was in first with the clutch engaged so I slowly as possibly shifted up into neutral and released the clutch, that set him off, he charged me. I got the kickstand down just barely in time he grabbed me by the shoulders and tossed me to the ground. The bike just ever so slightly caught the kickstand I thought for a second it was going to roll forward a bit and fall down. He handcuffed me. TIGHT. I have red all over my wrists I'm going to have to wear long sleeves for a few days so my wife doesn't see. He cussed like crazy about what a piece of I was I couldn't really make most of it out as I still had my plugs in and helmet on and I can barely hear as is. With a tight leather motorcycle jacket and sweater underneath when you have handcuffs on its similar to having a straight jacket on. I lift a lot of weights I can't even naturally touch my own wrists together behind my back without clothes on, so I needed a good knee in there to get them together when he cuffed me. He managed to get my helmet off and gave me a speech about driving like a jackass. For just a second I really felt like debating the"driving like a jackass" accusation. Luckily, I held it together and just let him go on his verbal tirade. He really thought he had a catch. He asked me if I even owned a drivers license and where I had picked the bike up from.

Much to his disappointment I've never committed a crime and my last speeding ticket was in 06. I had to lie down on my side on the cold concrete. Because of my build and my jacket I wasn't able to sit on my my arms were locked in a position that had my hands below my . Any and all attempts to sit on my were met with my not even touching the ground and my hands kind of acting like a sharp pivot point...like the bottom of a dreidel. Pretty much just picture in your mind a 6'5 250lbs dreidel attempting to stand on its point without spinning. Really something that deserves pictures but you'll just have to use your imagination. I got colder and colder and many of Houston's interesting spectators slowed down in their cars to stare at me lying on my side handcuffed next to my bike. Towards the end I was full on shivering which I was desperately trying to control because I was afraid it would look like I was on drugs or something.

The officer's tone changed dramatically after he looked up my record and also in part to my not replying to anything he taunted me with. He did give the taunting one last attempt by having me do a nice little dance to get the hand cuffs. By that I mean he gave the whole "stand here, no here, face that way, no that way". Then he uncuffed me and wrote me a ticket for..."driving on the sidewalk". He was actually quite nice at this point. Made a few comments about the Buell and acted like a human being.

So for my first motohouston meet up I drove 0 feet with the group and managed to almost get shot in the head. Not bad. I think I'll stick to trackdays.
I AIN'T READING THIS whole thread, but if I was ticketed for "driving on a sidewalk" at the end of the whole ordeal like that I'd be making a formal complaint to IA. Was someone else there with a GoPro rolling by chance?
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #89
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
just read this.... 1 mover violation....if the city of houston is smart and your story is legit...you should walk away with paying nothing in fines and nothing on your record IMO.... I'd have them pony up for your legal representation as well.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #90
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Holy .

To Obed: that's just a sandwich.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #91
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm 29, got my motorcycle permit the weekend I turned 15. I haven't always had a bike but I've ridden a lot in 14 years and I have never even received a ticket on a bike. The cop was beyond out of line. I should not have been on the sidewalk but rolling to a stop one handed with his gun pointed at my head is excessive. I was so locked up I was just staring at the the finger on the trigger as he was yelling. It took a while for me to realize he wanted my hands up. I really thought I was because he was so furious and belligerent I was worried that by moving my right hand inside towards the kill switch when he wanted them staight up would get me shot. At the same time I was in first with the clutch engaged just simply raising my hands would jolt the bike out from under me possibly getting me shot. The barrel was aimed right at my head and it was just bouncing up and down as he was yelling. I carefully choose to upshift to neutral because he was on my right side and he wouldn't see my foot so it was the least threatening thing to do. Glad I didn't miss neutral and go to second.

I couldn't even sleep last night. I'm going to internal affairs and reporting him.
This is totally unacceptable, you should raise with the dept, but expect to be a waste of your time.

Advertisement