MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 PM   #21
grsa

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Since you brought me into this all I can say is, Once I think you can't get the bar any lower, you open your pie hole. Geez.
BTW I think a ride around downtown would be fun done tons of rides around down town myself. Have fun be safe.
Also I don't think Obed has anything to prove either.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone want to ride? Around 9pm Groceryboy Events, Meets and Rides 0 05-31-2012 06:59 PM
Rollcall: 9pm Yankee Stadium flip326 Sports 21 08-01-2010 12:45 PM
***BIKE RALLY 4-9PM*** 6ig6lueGsxr Events, Meets and Rides 0 10-24-2009 12:54 PM
bike down on Spencer in Pasadena 9pm bluewave18 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 05-19-2008 07:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #22
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Just a heads up, don't be surprised when you get pulled over by some rookie beotch on Memorial Dr because you're on a motorcycle.

Me and a friend were putt putting through there this past Saturday night doing the speed limit with cages going 15+ over passing us. Next thing you know we're getting lit up and he's telling us to take our keys out of our bikes After some discussion over inspection stickers and registration he asks if we had any warrants. My friend says "no and I know he's good", referring to me. The cop says okay and they leave

WTF just happened...?

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #23
socksta

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Buell 1125cr
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R

Well all of this cop talk was rather prophetic. After meeting up at my first motorcycle meet up ever and talking for a bit we decided it was time to hit the road! We met up on the sidewalk area under the bridge. Looking back on it that was not the smartest place. I didn't even make it off the sidewalk a cop lit us up. I looked over he had his gun drawn at my head with his window down. I was just walking the bike off the sidewalk at this point so I stopped and kind of just stared at him like a deer in headlights. It really took a second to process WTF was happening. I was just staring at his finger which was on the trigger and he was jerking the gun up and down as he was yelling. I couldn't hear anything I had ear plugs in and my full helmet of course. He got out of the car and I could hear him tell me to raise my hands or he'd shoot me, etc. I was in first with the clutch engaged so I slowly as possibly shifted up into neutral and released the clutch, that set him off, he charged me. I got the kickstand down just barely in time he grabbed me by the shoulders and tossed me to the ground. The bike just ever so slightly caught the kickstand I thought for a second it was going to roll forward a bit and fall down. He handcuffed me. TIGHT. I have red all over my wrists I'm going to have to wear long sleeves for a few days so my wife doesn't see. He cussed like crazy about what a piece of I was I couldn't really make most of it out as I still had my plugs in and helmet on and I can barely hear as is. With a tight leather motorcycle jacket and sweater underneath when you have handcuffs on its similar to having a straight jacket on. I lift a lot of weights I can't even naturally touch my own wrists together behind my back without clothes on, so I needed a good knee in there to get them together when he cuffed me. He managed to get my helmet off and gave me a speech about driving like a jackass. For just a second I really felt like debating the"driving like a jackass" accusation. Luckily, I held it together and just let him go on his verbal tirade. He really thought he had a catch. He asked me if I even owned a drivers license and where I had picked the bike up from.

Much to his disappointment I've never committed a crime and my last speeding ticket was in 06. I had to lie down on my side on the cold concrete. Because of my build and my jacket I wasn't able to sit on my my arms were locked in a position that had my hands below my . Any and all attempts to sit on my were met with my not even touching the ground and my hands kind of acting like a sharp pivot point...like the bottom of a dreidel. Pretty much just picture in your mind a 6'5 250lbs dreidel attempting to stand on its point without spinning. Really something that deserves pictures but you'll just have to use your imagination. I got colder and colder and many of Houston's interesting spectators slowed down in their cars to stare at me lying on my side handcuffed next to my bike. Towards the end I was full on shivering which I was desperately trying to control because I was afraid it would look like I was on drugs or something.

The officer's tone changed dramatically after he looked up my record and also in part to my not replying to anything he taunted me with. He did give the taunting one last attempt by having me do a nice little dance to get the hand cuffs. By that I mean he gave the whole "stand here, no here, face that way, no that way". Then he uncuffed me and wrote me a ticket for..."driving on the sidewalk". He was actually quite nice at this point. Made a few comments about the Buell and acted like a human being.

So for my first motohouston meet up I drove 0 feet with the group and managed to almost get shot in the head. Not bad. I think I'll stick to trackdays.
socksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #24
jacea7x

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by socksta View Post
Well all of this cop talk was rather prophetic. After meeting up at my first motorcycle meet up ever and talking for a bit we decided it was time to hit the road! We met up on the sidewalk area under the bridge. Looking back on it that was not the smartest place. I didn't even make it off the sidewalk a cop lit us up. I looked over he had his gun drawn at my head with his window down. I was just walking the bike off the sidewalk at this point so I stopped and kind of just stared at him like a deer in headlights. It really took a second to process WTF was happening. I was just staring at his finger which was on the trigger and he was jerking the gun up and down as he was yelling. I couldn't hear anything I had ear plugs in and my full helmet of course. He got out of the car and I could hear him tell me to raise my hands or he'd shoot me, etc. I was in first with the clutch engaged so I slowly as possibly shifted up into neutral and released the clutch, that set him off, he charged me. I got the kickstand down just barely in time he grabbed me by the shoulders and tossed me to the ground. The bike just ever so slightly caught the kickstand I thought for a second it was going to roll forward a bit and fall down. He handcuffed me. TIGHT. I have red all over my wrists I'm going to have to wear long sleeves for a few days so my wife doesn't see. He cussed like crazy about what a piece of I was I couldn't really make most of it out as I still had my plugs in and helmet on and I can barely hear as is. With a tight leather motorcycle jacket and sweater underneath when you have handcuffs on its similar to having a straight jacket on. I lift a lot of weights I can't even naturally touch my own wrists together behind my back without clothes on, so I needed a good knee in there to get them together when he cuffed me. He managed to get my helmet off and gave me a speech about driving like a jackass. For just a second I really felt like debating the"driving like a jackass" accusation. Luckily, I held it together and just let him go on his verbal tirade. He really thought he had a catch. He asked me if I even owned a drivers license and where I had picked the bike up from.

Much to his disappointment I've never committed a crime and my last speeding ticket was in 06. I had to lie down on my side on the cold concrete. Because of my build and my jacket I wasn't able to sit on my my arms were locked in a position that had my hands below my . Any and all attempts to sit on my were met with my not even touching the ground and my hands kind of acting like a sharp pivot point...like the bottom of a dreidel. Pretty much just picture in your mind a 6'5 250lbs dreidel attempting to stand on its point without spinning. Really something that deserves pictures but you'll just have to use your imagination. I got colder and colder and many of Houston's interesting spectators slowed down in their cars to stare at me lying on my side handcuffed next to my bike. Towards the end I was full on shivering which I was desperately trying to control because I was afraid it would look like I was on drugs or something.

The officer's tone changed dramatically after he looked up my record and also in part to my not replying to anything he taunted me with. He did give the taunting one last attempt by having me do a nice little dance to get the hand cuffs. By that I mean he gave the whole "stand here, no here, face that way, no that way". Then he uncuffed me and wrote me a ticket for..."driving on the sidewalk". He was actually quite nice at this point. Made a few comments about the Buell and acted like a human being.

So for my first motohouston meet up I drove 0 feet with the group and managed to almost get shot in the head. Not bad. I think I'll stick to trackdays.
Sorry bro ... By the time i pulled out he kicked his lights on by then we were gone honeybadger didt even see till i told him at the next light
jacea7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #25
socksta

Bike(s):
Buell 1125cr
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R

Well I'm just glad I did see him. I certainly wouldn't of heard him and he might of fired had I not seen him.
socksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #26
noob
Muay Thai/BJJ

Bike(s):
o8 R6
07 Gsxr750
09 R6 sold
07 R6

Quote:

Wtf! LoL crazy stuff
noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #27
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

This happened last night??

The long story, I mean.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #28
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

So how did the ride go, HoneyBadger?
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #29
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:

Wow! I have been driving in Houston for 23 years and that never happened even once. What did he say was his reason for pulling you over? Were all the folks up front leaving the overpass like bats out of or what?
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #30
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
Wow! I have been driving in Houston for 23 years and that never happened even once. What did he say was his reason for pulling you over? Were all the folks up front leaving the overpass like bats out of or what?
Driving on a sidewalk
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #31
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Bike(s):
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Driving on a sidewalk
Never seen someone get drawn on and takled for it. You? There has to be more to it than that. Yes, I am fishing.....
Old 02-01-2013, 07:43 AM   #32
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
Never seen someone get drawn on and takled for it. You? There has to be more to it than that. Yes, I am fishing.....
Cop probably thought he was going to run, like sportbike riders have done before. The cop doesn't know if the person has warrants or if the bike is stolen. Bikes get stolen all the time
Old 02-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #33
SeksualTorture
The left hand path

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2003 HD VRSCA V-Rod
1996 GT Pro series Team

I have had the handcuffed treated like a dirt bag experiences in my cage, never on my harley.

I think cops have it out for crotch rockets cause If I could wheelie my harley riding next to a cop I think the officer would sooner give me a thumbs up and a smile rather than a ticket.

I feel almost invulnerable on the harley. I think theres a stereotype that harley riders are older, safer, more likely to have class M / insurance, plus I have never seen harleys shut down a freeway to do donuts or wheelies everywhere.

Which works out great for me cause I speed, dont have class M, my insurance payment is late, and I would love to shutdown a freeway and/or do wheelies everywhere. xD

"You can't live the American Dream without the American machine."
Old 02-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #34
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeksualTorture View Post
"You can't live the American Dream without the American machine."
I don't care who ya are, that's funny right there
Old 02-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #35
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoneyBadger View Post
I dont understand what you do here.....never come out and ride, mostly just hate and I've yet to see you at the track....this argument is sounding very familiar.

But I'm a young dumb idiot so it's all good. All of these traffic tickets I have and all....
I am not surprised that you do not understand what i do here...
As to the track, I guess you just have not looked...between racing and practice days and trackday orgs, I was at the track over 30 days last year...
as far as "hate", not much is important enough for me to hate.
I never said you were a young dumb idiot, i just said that posting dates and locations for rides in town was not too smart...sorry for what happened to your buddy and sorry that as ride leader you did not notice.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #36
SeksualTorture
The left hand path

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2003 HD VRSCA V-Rod
1996 GT Pro series Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
i just said that posting dates and locations for rides in town was not too smart...
^ So I guess you mean that times and locations should be passed in PM or some other private manner?

This is still not a 100% sure method cause I bet there are cops/snitches among us, but I guess its better than planning a meet and not telling anyone where or when it is .

P.S. I dont know what you do here?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #37
jacea7x

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
This happened last night??

The long story, I mean.
Yes sir....
jacea7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #38
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeksualTorture View Post
^ So I guess you mean that times and locations should be passed in PM or some other private manner?

This is still not a 100% sure method cause I bet there are cops/snitches among us, but I guess its better than planning a meet and not telling anyone where or when it is .

P.S. I dont know what you do here?
sure we post when and where rides are, events are...depends on the type of ride, how much you post here...There are not really too many cops here, i only know of about 12, 6 of which are HPD...certain rides in town will attract more attention, more quickly, than others... and the particular locations posted here, fit that bill....
and there are certain places and types of rides that if you do not want LEO attention, should be done by PM invite... it works out better...and has been the practice here on this forum in the past...
It is also well known about me that I do not ride with just anybody... riding and shooting I tend to do with folks I know and trust...there are guys on this forum who fit in that catagory, and there are others that do not.
as to what i do here...
Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #39
jakeg

Experience: 3 years

That sucks ..
jakeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #40
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Bike(s):
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Cop probably thought he was going to run, like sportbike riders have done before. The cop doesn't know if the person has warrants or if the bike is stolen. Bikes get stolen all the time
Cars have been stolen too. Never happened to me in a car either.

Advertisement