MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
Lucar

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

Calling out on all Experienced Riders that Participate on SMRs to combine our power..

Calling out on
SDRC
Halffast
BORC
PP46
and all others with or without affiliation;

what's up guys... , I'd like to make a "Ride to No Ride" meet once a month, with the purpose of inviting every noob rider to it, relating to teachings and bolt lightning on the heads of these new riders with the risks involved in twisty rides and riding with fast groups.
I'd like us to organize, maybe a weekend/day morning with experienced riders to combine our power and shed some of our energy over these dudes.
I keep seeing in rides/threads new guys going down because of many reasons. We're not at track nor participating in any kind of street racing, it's just simply trying to keep up or ego altering situations that get these riders in trouble.

serious notes and help appreciated, let's keep our rides safe and our bikes upright.
PM me or post it here,

Let's make this tangible, let's make it happen, not for me but for all of the above
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need experienced riders course near League City. DmaxMike New Riders and MSF Course Info 15 06-02-2013 11:18 AM
Basic Rider Course....for experienced riders? pbjsammich New Riders and MSF Course Info 7 03-11-2008 12:50 PM
opinion from experienced riders newrider05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-26-2005 08:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
luckyxdevil1

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR-750 '02
69' Yamaha 650 back in the day

Send a message via Yahoo to luckyxdevil1
Re: Calling out on all Experienced Riders that Participate on SMRs to combine our pow

Sounds like a good idea. Twist of the wrist part of the curriculum. Lol.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

I'm down. Entry speed and hitting the apex and the right time seem to be my difficulties. I'm more of a visual learner so if we can get some kind of chalk board or to draw on that would be cool.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
Lucar

Member Garage

so people read my but no posts.. I'm gonna have gilrs in bikinis at these meets !!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
Bald 'n Gimpy
What?

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 10+

Calling out on all Experienced Riders that Participate on SMRs to combine our power..

OR, better idea, where all this is already instituted... The Track

There are a few Orgs now in Texas and surrounding states that teach you how to be a better rider!!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald 'n Gimpy View Post
OR, better idea, where all this is already instituted... The Track

There are a few Orgs now in Texas and surrounding states that teach you how to be a better rider!!
+1
Old 01-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

I believe what you are referring to a NOOB ride. Those have been going on for a while.

Pretty soon, one will be posted. but an actual noon ride that remains a noon ride.

The problem with people going down is the open invitation for anyone to ride, without a really set out play by play rule on how the conduct of the ride will go.

I haven't heard the riders meeting on the rides because I havent been there, but it's important to beat it into people what is expected on the ride.

My .02

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 01-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
BADASSVMAX

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
16 R1
09 VMAX
05 R6 sold
04 warrior sold
03 interceptor sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
so people read my but no posts.. I'm gonna have gilrs in bikinis at these meets !!
What happen to this is guy.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
Bald 'n Gimpy
What?

Feedback Rating: (4)

I think he wants to meet for this. But as most of us know, we've been calling these Meet & Greets, or M&Gs, for years
Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Track is the right place to improve riding skills SAFELY. With the help of licensed instructors, EMS and no on coming traffic.

The reason why noobs crash is because they want to try and keep up or close the gap. Or even imitate the experienced riders BP without the understanding of the physics or throttle control.

Senator method of Noob rides seems to be the best method to help improve on streets.

Well, simply put.. I do not consider myself qualified to teach when I still have a lot to learn.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
BADASSVMAX

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
16 R1
09 VMAX
05 R6 sold
04 warrior sold
03 interceptor sold

I'll lend a hand.Remeber I work at houston Motorsports and we are having a tech tip day this saturday.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Quote:
No, I think it's because of your limited communication skills and people skills. I think you are better to be with in person because you don't instigate drama face to face.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #13
Lucar

Member Garage

ok.. y'all keep going with that track and this is not the thread for that.. I'm sorry, people either don't wanna go, can't pay it, don't have leathers, can't tow the bike, have to be home early, or whatever reason so they pick SMRs.. get the point once and for all please.
What this thread is about, is caring for our noobs and showing that we do this way.
take it or leave it, participate or don't.

Yes I'm Lucar and I aprove this message.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
No, I think it's because of your limited communication skills and people skills. I think you are better to be with in person because you don't instigate drama face to face.

Yes Lucar had instigated with me when I first joined motohouston and simply was trolling. He thought i was a noob
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #15
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

From what I've seen in the past, someone forms a noob ride, then all the OP's typical SPORK, BAMF, SNR, NotFast buddies join in and by the time the ride begins, everyone's blowing triple digits except for the designated sweeper and maybe a couple other guys.

Then someone posts a ”Did so-and-so make it home safe? We lost you out there.”
I haven't been on any noob rides lately, but that's pretty much what I've heard.
I believe the only person that had actually done a proper noob ride was Texlurch.
He limited the ride to actual noobs and only noobs.

If you're looking to instruct new riders, I think Chris hit the nail on the head.
No sense in trying to instruct a group of noobs on the street.
Just my opinion, but take it with a grain, I'm bikeless and not even noob status sooo...
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
ok.. y'all keep going with that track and this is not the thread for that.. I'm sorry, people either don't wanna go, can't pay it, don't have leathers, can't tow the bike, have to be home early, or whatever reason so they pick SMRs.. get the point once and for all please.
What this thread is about, is caring for our noobs and showing that we do this way.

Dude, don't get so -hurt, no one is starting the street vs track thing until your little rant.

What people are saying is that this is not a new idea and the only thong missing is implementing what has been set forth before.

I saw the other thread that this probably came from, it's not the same situation. You guys had a fairly new rider (by own admission) on a non-new rider ride...

It happens.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #17
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
From what I've seen in the past, someone forms a noob ride, then all the OP's typical SPORK, BAMF, SNR, NotFast buddies join in and by the time the ride begins, everyone's blowing triple digits except for the designated sweeper and maybe a couple other guys.

I haven't been on any noob rides lately, but that's pretty much what I've heard.
I believe the only person that had actually done a proper noob ride was Texlurch.

If you're looking to instruct new riders, I think Chris hit the nail on the head.
Just my opinion, but take it with a grain, I'm bikeless and not even noob status sooo...
Hey you, you're totally awesome.

HALFFAST GROUP

Last edited by a forum moderator; 01-29-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:

No sense in getting feelings hurt. You asked for opinions on an open forum. If the majority of the replies don't agree with you, then that's just the general consensus of the audience you're reaching out to.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
No sense in getting feelings hurt. You asked for opinions on an open forum. If the majority of the replies don't agree with you, then that's just the general consensus of the audience you're reaching out to.
Boom!

Ok, you can stay.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 01-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #20
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:

exactly, I'm not trying to make instructors out of no one nor myself, just share experience as friendly riders and risks involved with rides and fast rides.. that's all
Closed Thread

Advertisement