MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #341
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Simple, my ride, my rules!
Perfectly said my friend
Racerxxx is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb. 24th sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 346 02-28-2013 12:55 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 17th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 194 02-18-2013 12:32 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 10th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 137 02-10-2013 05:47 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 26 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 252 02-28-2012 03:01 PM
SW Morning ride Sunday Feb. 28 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 0 02-28-2010 12:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #342
julz005
Senior Member
 
julz005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 393

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'12 CBR 1KRR
'05 GIXXER 600 (sold)








Send a message via Yahoo to julz005
julz005 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #343
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,385

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
I highly doubt Frank is going to ask for anyones ID on a SMR. Unless his name is Fowler
Hopefully, don't want all the young people left out and end up in a route gang
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #344
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Hopefully, don't want all the young people left out and end up in a route gang
I will never forget about my roots
Racerxxx is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #345
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti
 
Volfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage





I do have to say though that there should be a way to accommodate younger riders and really green riders. Unlike the "A" group, the noobs and the underaged cannot be expected to play like YoYo Ma and hold their own in a virtuoso quartet. The experienced but not as fast "B" Group just needs a conductor to provide the cues.

The High School orchestra, however, needs a strong leadership to keep from turning into a cacophony. Which is why I think a Group "C" should exist to take that into account.

Just a suggestion.
Volfy is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #346
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,674

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Hopefully, don't want all the young people left out and end up in a route gang
Or the Banned Bus.
Now where'd that hammer go?
Helios is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #347
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
I am 18 :(
But you look 30
Racerxxx is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #348
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by FowleR6 View Post
What have I done that's unsafe? Last time I checked, I wasn't the one that craped out in a turn.
Let's see.......

1. On our first pass on RR, you thought that the pace of the second group was "too boring" for you so decided to break out of formation and passed everyone trying to catch up with the first group. What did you do wrong here? 2 things.....First, you are not allowed to pass anyone in the second group, and Second, you do not decide who to ride with, I DO! if i dont see you as first group material i will hold you in the second group until you have improved your riding and can safely keep up with the first group.

2. talking after the ride, if you had something to say, say it in person, thats how grown ups do it I have no problem listening to suggestions that will make our rides safer for everyone involved. First you said that no one told you about the 2 groups splitting up and then you mentioned that i did personally go up to you and explained that i would be leading the second group.

3. Failure to understand the purpose of our SMRs, it's not about speed, it is about fun for everyone on the ride! The purpose of having a second group is to coach noob riders so they can be involved in group rides and not having the pressure to catch up to the faster riders in the First group! If you can't understand the purpose of the second group you are more than welcome to start your own ride

4. Your age factor...... just because you are 17 or 18 doesn't necessarily means that you are immature, but in your case i think it goes hand in hand, and your immaturity shows with flying colors throughout your posts, it is not just me that can see this but more than a handful of people have sent me text messages regarding your behavior on the ride and on MH.
__________________
sunday_rider is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #349
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Or the Banned Bus.
Now where'd that hammer go?
Racerxxx is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #350
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,385

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
I will never forget about my roots
I doubt you will ever

Yall are crazy lol!

I went out ONCE and that is when i found out my bike hit around 165-173 mph

And went home and cleaned my tity whities haha
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #351
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,385

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Or the Banned Bus.
Now where'd that hammer go?
!! Its only monday! Im lol!
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #352
sunday_rider
Senior Member
 
sunday_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW 77082
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 8,390

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
1098









Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Looks like you will only have people you know go.

And age does not mean that someone will not be a dumbass. I have seen plenty of older people be as dumb.
and again, no one disputes your claims

I post our SMRs here for everyone to join but it does not necessarily means that we do not have the right to choose who to ride with.
__________________
sunday_rider is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #353
SupaHawk
Senior Member
 
SupaHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: dirty souf houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,028

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 CBR1000RR SP
'08 zx6(sold)
01 750gixxer(sold)
08 CBR1000RR
06 Honda CBR1000RR



Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeg View Post
Basicly after reading your posts, pretty much no one wants you on the SMR's.

__________________

SLEEPER
SupaHawk is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #354
TMAX
Forever MODERATE
 
TMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cy-Fair
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,976

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6






What'd you do fowler?
TMAX is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #355
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,385

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
and again, no one disputes your claims

I post our SMRs here for everyone to join but it does not necessarily means that we do not have the right to choose who to ride with.
Yup understandable which is stated in my post. And i never get out of hand on any ride if you are trying to state something. If you ask anyone i am the one usually helping.
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #356
Racerxxx
CMRA #92
 
Racerxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,524












Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Yup understandable which is stated in my post. And i never get out of hand on any ride if you are trying to state something. If you ask anyone i am the one usually helping.
Dude your confusing this. Let me explain.

Everyone is welcome on Franks ride.
Fowler= BANNED
Racerxxx is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #357
julz005
Senior Member
 
julz005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 393

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'12 CBR 1KRR
'05 GIXXER 600 (sold)








Send a message via Yahoo to julz005
julz005 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #358
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,674

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
It was a bit more than a simple comment, but I do see where you're coming from.
The SMR's are universally known to be Frank's rides, and it's very rare that Frank will NOT welcome a rider. But it sounds like he just did.

It doesn't sound like y'all are gonna come to much of an agreement on the thread.
Please take your discussion to PM's.




Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Let's see.......

1. On our first pass on RR, you thought that the pace of the second group was "too boring" for you so decided to break out of formation and passed everyone trying to catch up with the first group. What did you do wrong here? 2 things.....First, you are not allowed to pass anyone in the second group, and Second, you do not decide who to ride with, I DO! if i dont see you as first group material i will hold you in the second group until you have improved your riding and can safely keep up with the first group.

2. talking after the ride, if you had something to say, say it in person, thats how grown ups do it I have no problem listening to suggestions that will make our rides safer for everyone involved. First you said that no one told you about the 2 groups splitting up and then you mentioned that i did personally go up to you and explained that i would be leading the second group.

3. Failure to understand the purpose of our SMRs, it's not about speed, it is about fun for everyone on the ride! The purpose of having a second group is to coach noob riders so they can be involved in group rides and not having the pressure to catch up to the faster riders in the First group! If you can't understand the purpose of the second group you are more than welcome to start your own ride

4. Your age factor...... just because you are 17 or 18 doesn't necessarily means that you are immature, but in your case i think it goes hand in hand, and your immaturity shows with flying colors throughout your posts, it is not just me that can see this but more than a handful of people have sent me text messages regarding your behavior on the ride and on MH.
Frank, good points but you two need to take it to pm's and hopefully find a resolution.
Thread is getting close to needing a lock.
Helios is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #359
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











IBL
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #360
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Or is it IBTL?
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy