Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #221
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Frank. 30 bikes .. 1 down rider. All back home alive. It's a win ride.

There are always going to be surprises in all rides.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb. 24th sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 346 02-28-2013 12:55 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 17th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 194 02-18-2013 12:32 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 10th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 137 02-10-2013 05:47 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 26 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 252 02-28-2012 03:01 PM
SW Morning ride Sunday Feb. 28 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 0 02-28-2010 12:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #222
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not complaining. It was a blast. It's hard to find groups to ride with in this area. Being a noob to the group I'm unfamiliar with names so the more I go the better it will get better. I look forward to future rides.

I agree that the size of the groups may have thrown people off. Everyone was expecting a 12/12 split and it ended up being a 3/21 split. Either that or less experienced guys were attempting to keep up with the faster guys in group 2. It's anyone's guess. Doesn't matter now. All in all it was a success IMO.

Last edited by Chuckster; 02-03-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #223
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermanus View Post
It was mentioned at shell station cause I swept sevond group. As said before I was hanging back with banky so he didnt get lost. Never the less it was good time with you all. No more group leader bashing lol.

Did the best he could with what he had to work with.
There's absolutely no group leader bashing intended. I'm just trying to sort everything out and make sure next time I don't fly by everyone on the warm up lap like a dumbass, thinking that the first group is up ahead.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #224
B.T.R.
slow as molasses

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 YAMAHA R1
2007 ZX6R (TRACK BIKE)
HOT WIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayrkaleem View Post
oh well.. there were probably almost 30 bikes out there. of course a little confusion may have taken over a couple of you guys, not too worry you guys had fun and what not so oh well.

I think what may have had happened was the 2nd group got too big... cluster ****!
It was actually spread out. I know julz005 and i passed a shitload of bikes and as we were approaching Noel in the turn he lost it. Seems like after the u-turn at 359 & 1458 stop sign there wasnt any organization. We were just hauling . Still a good ride, glad i got to join in late

GOON
www.solarcontrolhouston.com
For all your residential/commercial window tinting needs.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #225
jacea7x

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHEAD View Post
My names Kaitlin. Not Trish..... Hahahaha

The accident happened right in front of me. We were cruising pretty good. I think he came in to hot. I just remember seeing back tire locking up, smoke from the tire, he kept the bike up and I thought he was going to save it, then went down. Saw the bike and him flipping in my mirror.

Could have been bad bad bad. Glad it turned out for the relative better.

Haven't been out on rr in a very long time. I'll definitely have to start making more rides, even if the meet spot is 63 miles from my house.
I hear ya on the 63 miles
Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #226
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowleR6 View Post
[COLOR="Red"]

1. Correct, this is when you said you would be leading the 2nd group.

Yes and I was leading the Second Group! The First group was a mile ahead of us because they took off earlier in purpose.

2. Yes, because I thought that was the pace that 2nd group would be doing all day so I took off because it wasn't fun.

A) Yes, i think you completely missed the point of having a Second Group, which is mostly designated for noob and slower riders. The First group is intended for faster riders.

B) Next time you decide that the Noob pace is boring maybe you should ride your own ride and when you decide to take off maybe you should just keep going next time.

3. When we got to the monument people were telling me that we were the first group.

Well, they lie to you.... you never even got close to riding with the first group, i did 2 runs in the first group, on neither run i saw you anywhere in my rearview mirrors

FIRST GROUP:
1. Carlos (1199) no show
2. Jimmy (HP4)
3. Sunday Rider (S1000RR) leading second group
4. Jelly (S1000RR) no show
5. Lucar (HP4) no show
6. Racerxxx (Ninja 250 R)
7. Mikey (RSV4R white) no show
8. Shogun (R1 red) no show
9. Cornerjunkie (R6) second group
10. Carlos (CBR 1000 RR silver) no show
11. Supawk (CBR 1000 RR) no show
12. Julz005 (CBR 1000RR) second group

Looks like there was 12 in the first group to me.
I guess you dont really know any of them and couldn't get to meet them today mainly because they were not there due to Superbowl party!

How many Ducati 1199S did you see today? How many S1000RRs or HP4's did you see today? and how many Aprilia RSV4s did you see today?

Last edited by sunday_rider; 02-03-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #227
jacea7x

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600

Had a badass time with all of yall spent a while in the er with Noel while droping his stuff off... Other than the wreck i had a good time i will see yall on the next one
Old 02-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #228
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
I guess you dont really know any of them and couldn't get to meet them today mainly because they were not there due to Superbowl party!

How many Ducati 1199S did you see today? How many S1000RRs or HP4's did you see today?
I can pick out 4 at least.

And yes I stayed at the monument way after everyone took off for lap #2 because the black Harley Davidson Street Glide that everyone was flying by was MY FATHER. Considering im 17 years old, take a good guess at who's name my bike is in!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #229
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytreynolds View Post
It was actually spread out. I know julz005 and i passed a shitload of bikes and as we were approaching Noel in the turn he lost it. Seems like after the u-turn at 359 & 1458 stop sign there wasnt any organization. We were just hauling . Still a good ride, glad i got to join in late
The first run was very organized, just one guy decided he was going to show us how fast he was on his R6, nothing happened on the first run, after that i decided to run in the first group and that's when the accident happened, on that run it was just me and Jimmy playing in the front.

The other point that i want to make and that Ryan mentioned...... this was supposed to be an organized ride helping the noobs but when you have people that are not on the list just cut in and join in the middle of the ride passing the noobs, it kind of mess that the whole thing, i dont think it was a smart move at all, but next time if you guys are going to ride then sing up so we all know and dont try to cut in in the middle!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #230
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:

And yes I stayed at the monument way after everyone took off for lap #2 because the black Harley Davidson Street Glide that everyone was flying by was MY FATHER. Considering im 17 years old, take a good guess at who's name my bike is in!
which 4? 17? now i understand

Lets say it was your dad on the Harley so you couldn't join us in the first group today for obvious reasons, but didnt you mention that you have done this ride with us multiple times? how come on those multiple times i have never seen you running in the front? I mean we have been doing this ride for a long time and pretty much know who are the fast guys in the front group, somehow i never remember seen you riding with Carlos, Jimmy, Paul, Eric, etc?

Last edited by sunday_rider; 02-03-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #231
B.T.R.
slow as molasses

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2010 YAMAHA R1
2007 ZX6R (TRACK BIKE)
HOT WIFE

Quote:

I saw no 1199s ducatis today 1 hp4 and 1 s1000rr. I guess ur dad was the harley i passed. Lol

I think you were mistaken on the bikes you think you saw. There were alot of guys missing today in the fast group

GOON
www.solarcontrolhouston.com
For all your residential/commercial window tinting needs.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #232
FowleR6

Quote:
I saw no 1199s ducatis today 1 hp4 and 1 s1000rr. I guess ur dad was the harley i passed. Lol

I think you were mistaken on the bikes you think you saw. There were alot of guys missing today in the fast group
He said "I guess you dont really know any of them and couldn't get to meet them today mainly because they were not there due to Superbowl party!"

and then I said "I can pick out at least 4." Meaning that I know 4 of them
Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #233
monstermanus

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
ducati monster (sold )
Ducati streetfighter

Send a message via AIM to monstermanus Send a message via Yahoo to monstermanus
Its all good. Natural progression would be diff rules maybe a third group.

Real fast ( season vets )
Fast ( fast but cautious )
Noob group ( anyone who has never been or has been with this group before )

2nd group leader
3rd leader sweeper. This will control the space between the groups.
Just a though.
Frank your doing great as a organizer.
I will always be a leader or sweeper on the noob group I dont mind the slow pace.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #234
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Frank. 30 bikes .. 1 down rider. All back home alive. It's a win ride.

There are always going to be surprises in all rides.
Yeah man, everything was cool when i was leading the second group but since it everyone was doing ok, i decided to have a little fun in the first group and this happens...... on an earlier post, the downed rider did mention about not being able to play with the other CBRs but i told him to stick with the second group so he would not ride outside his skill level.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #235
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:

Thanks for clarification because for a moment i though all of my buddies in the first group became transparent to me.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #236
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
He said "I guess you dont really know any of them and couldn't get to meet them today mainly because they were not there due to Superbowl party!"

and then I said "I can pick out at least 4." Meaning that I know 4 of them
Again you are missing the point...... most of the people on the list had a no show next to them!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #237
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermanus View Post
Its all good. Natural progression would be diff rules maybe a third group.

Real fast ( season vets )
Fast ( fast but cautious )
Noob group ( anyone who has never been or has been with this group before )

2nd group leader
3rd leader sweeper. This will control the space between the groups.
Just a though.
Frank your doing great as a organizer.
I will always be a leader or sweeper on the noob group I dont mind the slow pace.
Trying my best to have a safe ride but there is only so much we can do, the rest falls on each rider to control their right hand and ride within their limits.
And thanks for sweeping this morning!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #238
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

The accident was unfortunate but it can be used as a learning tool for the newer riders. It stands to show how fast something can go wrong when you ride above your limits.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #239
monstermanus

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
ducati monster (sold )
Ducati streetfighter

Send a message via AIM to monstermanus Send a message via Yahoo to monstermanus
No problem!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #240
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Trying my best to have a safe ride but there is only so much we can do, the rest falls on each rider to control their right hand and ride within their limits.
And thanks for sweeping this morning!
So much you can do.....sorry I could not be part of this big party...but i will be home tomorrow so Count me in Next sunday!!!!!

Advertisement