MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #201
bryan954
blank

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DRZ400SM
KTM 1290 Duke
crf 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51rider View Post
FOR SOME ROAD HEAD?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb. 24th sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 346 02-28-2013 12:55 AM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 17th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 194 02-18-2013 12:32 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 10th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 137 02-10-2013 05:47 PM
SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 26 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 252 02-28-2012 03:01 PM
SW Morning ride Sunday Feb. 28 sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 0 02-28-2010 12:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #202
FowleR6

Had a really good time! Only complaint is I've gone on this ride multiple times and can never tell if I'm riding in group#1 or group#2. Maybe I'm not paying attention or something.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #203
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

Oh boy.... where shall i start... Today was a great ride besides the mishap.. I believe My man got caught in the middle of the 1st group, but glad to know he's OK with a collar bone injury. I must INSIST you guys
that have less than 1yr experience to do a trackday. 1 TD can add more months experience to your riding skills. There were a few times I was a little worried for a couple of ya'll.

Commissioner
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #204
itsmebanky

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Huffy

Glad to hear you're doing good Noel.

It was real good meeting all you guys!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #205
itsmebanky

Bike(s):
Huffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowleR6 View Post
Had a really good time! Only complaint is I've gone on this ride multiple times and can never tell if I'm riding in group#1 or group#2. Maybe I'm not paying attention or something.
Group 2 was pretty much just me and Adam the red ducati street fighter lol. I'm a super noob so he was hanging back with me.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #206
SupaHawk

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2014 CBR1000RR SP
'08 zx6(sold)
01 750gixxer(sold)
08 CBR1000RR
06 Honda CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
Oh boy.... where shall i start... Today was a great ride besides the mishap.. I believe My man got caught in the middle of the 1st group, but glad to know he's OK with a collar bone injury. I must INSIST you guys
that have less than 1yr experience to do a trackday. 1 TD can add more months experience to your riding skills. There were a few times I was a little worried for a couple of ya'll.
+1

SLEEPER
Old 02-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #207
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
There was not really a chance for confusion, the first group only had 3 riders and they were a mile ahead of the second group, from my recollection, nobody passed me while leading the second group, meaning if you were riding behind me, you were in the second group! It wasnt until the last run that i decided to ride with the first group and the second group had no chance to get mixed in the first group mainly because we were long gone before anyone could catch up with us.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #208
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

SW Sunday Morning Ride Feb 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHEAD View Post
Would the dude on the red and black gsxr please pm me.
Pm sent
Old 02-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #209
UniFiddy
You member

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2005 CRF 450x Motard
2006 CRF 250r Dirt
Monster CRF50/88 4 speed (Street Legal) Texas' Fastest fiddy!
Brodyman XR50 (Street Legal)

Quote:
I felt same way, but still had a great time! Once I reached my "top" speed I waved people past me. Gonna get some taller gears and try again.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #210
Kaitlin
:-D

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 r6 track bike baby
08 CBR600rr- Sold
04 r6- Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Pm sent
Why did I just get a picture of a in my inbox?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #211
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
There was not really a chance for confusion, the first group only had 3 riders and they were a mile ahead of the second group, from my recollection, nobody passed me while leading the second group, meaning if you were riding behind me, you were in the second group! It wasnt until the last run that i decided to ride with the first group and the second group had no chance to get mixed in the first group mainly because we were long gone before anyone could catch up with us.
Well obviously there was chance for confusion because me and another rider had no clue.

And if I put up my GoPro footage you will see me passing you thinking that I was in the 2nd group because you told me you were the one leading the 2nd group at the Shell station in Fulshear. I'm just saying it would be nice if an announcement was made telling everyone exactly what's going to happen, or maybe I didn't hear it.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #212
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHEAD View Post
Why did I just get a picture of a in my inbox?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #213
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Well obviously there was chance for confusion because me and another rider had no clue.

And if I put up my GoPro footage you will see me passing you thinking that I was in the 2nd group because you told me you were the one leading the 2nd group at the Shell station in Fulshear. I'm just saying it would be nice if an announcement was made telling everyone exactly what's going to happen, or maybe I didn't hear it.
1. At the Shell station everyone was spread out at different spots, i went to every group to announce the spliting of both groups!

2. On RR we were all chilling doing under 85mph when you passed everyone thinking it was a race, didnt you notice that nobody followed you? If i wasnt leading a second group, do you really think you could pass me at all, specially on RR? Post the gopro and you will see that everyone was behind me and we were in formation until you decided to pass everyone for no reason.

3. First you complaint that nobody explained to you about the second group, then you say that i did tell you that i was leading the second group at the Shell station at Fulshear, so which is it?

4. Question for the guys in the first group today? Were there more than 3 bikes in the front group?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #214
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

The only time I recall an actual mention of a "second group" was after the first run when we all stopped at the rest area. I remembered someone saying the silver MV was going to be in the second group but he kinda ran his own pace as well.

Maybe an actual group leader and sweeper should be designated for each group next time. That way there won't be any confusion as to which group is which. I still had fun until the tree climbing
event took place. I learned to ride my own pace a long time ago. I am definitely open to criticism if someone saw me doing something wrong.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #215
LLanera
eLLyeLLyeLLy

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
600rr

I like the slow group
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #216
monstermanus

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
ducati monster (sold )
Ducati streetfighter

Send a message via AIM to monstermanus Send a message via Yahoo to monstermanus
It was mentioned at shell station cause I swept sevond group. As said before I was hanging back with banky so he didnt get lost. Never the less it was good time with you all. No more group leader bashing lol.

Did the best he could with what he had to work with.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #217
FowleR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
1. At the Shell station everyone was spread out at different spots, i went to every group to announce the spliting of both groups! Correct, this is when you said you would be leading the 2nd group.

2. On RR we were all chilling doing under 85mph when you passed everyone thinking it was a race, didnt you notice that nobody followed you? If i wasnt leading a second group, do you really think you could pass me at all, specially on RR? Post the gopro and you will see that everyone was behind me and we were in formation until you decided to pass everyone for no reason. Yes, because I thought that was the pace that 2nd group would be doing all day so I took off because it wasn't fun.

3. First you complaint that nobody explained to you about the second group, then you say that i did tell you that i was leading the second group at the Shell station at Fulshear, so which is it? When we got to the monument people were telling me that we were the first group.

4. Question for the guys in the first group today? Were there more than 3 bikes in the front group?
FIRST GROUP:
1. Carlos (1199)
2. Jimmy (HP4)
3. Sunday Rider (S1000RR)
4. Jelly (S1000RR)
5. Lucar (HP4)
6. Racerxxx (Ninja 250 R)
7. Mikey (RSV4R white)
8. Shogun (R1 red)
9. Cornerjunkie (R6)
10. Carlos (CBR 1000 RR silver)
11. Supawk (CBR 1000 RR)
12. Julz005 (CBR 1000RR)

SECOND GROUP:
13. Griff (848 Rossi)
14. Billy (MV Agusta F4)
15. WhtMV (MV F3)
16. Monstermanus (Ducati SF)
17. BADASSVMAX (Vmax)
18. 1308cc (CBR 1000 RR)
19. Rodr6 (R6)
20. UniFiddy (CRF 450x tard)
21. 50Head (CBR 600 RR)
22. Gorillamonkey2 (R6)
23. jacea7x (R6)

Looks like there was 12 in the first group to me.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #218
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
The only time I recall an actual mention of a "second group" was after the first run when we all stopped at the rest area. I remembered someone saying the silver MV was going to be in the second group but he kinda ran his own pace as well.

Maybe an actual group leader and sweeper should be designated for each group next time. That way there won't be any confusion as to which group is which. I still had fun until the tree climbing
event took place. I learned to ride my own pace a long time ago. I am definitely open to criticism if someone saw me doing something wrong.
For todays ride, we only had 3 riders in the first group, if you were not part of those 3 bikes, that meant that you were in formation with the rest of the other riders and behind me. We do have a leader for the first group but no sweeper, and we do have a leader for the second group plus a sweeper. Before the ride even begun i have assigned who should run with the first group and who should stick with the second group.

For all the noob that joined us today and are still confused..... If you were able to keep up, that means you were riding in the second group, plain and simple! If i would have done the ride at my usual pace, only the ones in the first group would be able to keep up and we would have lost everyone in the back!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #219
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

oh well.. there were probably almost 30 bikes out there. of course a little confusion may have taken over a couple of you guys, not too worry you guys had fun and what not so oh well.

I think what may have had happened was the 2nd group got too big... cluster ****!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #220
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50head View Post
I like the slow group
I thought u were "Moderate for liefff"
Closed Thread

Advertisement