Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #81
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayrkaleem View Post
Thanks man, I feel like already because of what happend and embarrassed as . I had my first bike for only about 4 months 1.5-2 years ago, I've only had this one since october... obviously havent been riding that long but I have done over 30,000 miles of riding though in short periods of time.. Im not saying im experienced, I'm completely aware I have a lot to learn.. I even posted yesterday something along the lines of "im down to learn new stuff" or something like that. My turn would have been completely fine if that semi wasnt there. I was coming out bringing my bike up, i guess the combined force of me bringing the bike back up and the truck passing me at the same time with its wind just basically pushed the bike too much.
I have been on the same situation many times before and what has helped me a lot is to get on the throttle a bit more than usual and get out of the turbulence as fast as i can
Great morning ride .... BORC style of course queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 3 10-22-2013 09:40 PM
Short Moderate to BORC pace ride 01/26 queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 137 01-29-2013 04:56 PM
Moderate ride tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!! queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 39 09-20-2012 01:09 PM
Moderate ride tomorrow morning queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 2 08-22-2012 08:34 PM
Anyone going on a moderate to fast paced ride sunday 3/22? river rat Events, Meets and Rides 5 03-20-2009 06:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #82
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Today was a little tricky ride with wet roads and gusty winds.....Umayr was briefed as of course riding in his ability regarding speeds and weather conditions....
We made a pass on 1489 at a relaxed pace to check the status of the road, it was 50% dry....
After turning around,jimmy HP4,Lucar and myself went back as a more BORC style riding and Cornerjunkie,1198 rider and Fox351 stayed with omayr to make sure he was fine and also monitor his abilities.....he happens to everyone but somehow he ended up in the ditch.....When we came back he was already up ,a little shaken....but ok.
I believe he panicked with some strong gust of winds in the turn and after an 18 wheelers and went off.
Well i will add few pics in the next post....he still had a smile considering the pain and acted as a BORC potential in the future with more experience...
For once that we take along an SDRC rider.....he is coming back with a broken ride ....
Old 01-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #83
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

After that Cornerjunkie got pulled over on I-10 by our troopers friends trying to pull a MOTOGP move
I had to come back with my wife and pick up his and drive his ride.....4 tickets:ba nghead:
Old 01-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #84
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

. I just saw this. Glad he is still posting. happens.
That's why I choose the place, pace, position and sometimes people I ride with to minimize the dangers... There are factors that can be controlled and some not.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #85
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
your ego is your only enemy in most cases i have seen it many times on our Sunday rides and that is why i choose to stay behind and away from potential trouble from the beginning and make my way to the front once i see that everyone has made it to RR safely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayrkaleem View Post
"im down to learn new stuff" or something like that. My turn would have been completely fine if that semi wasnt there. I was coming out bringing my bike up, i guess the combined force of me bringing the bike back up and the truck passing me at the same time with its wind just basically pushed the bike too much.

wrong place, wrong time.

and no "machoism" or whatever. I've been on these rides before and I've met riders that are faster than me. I know exactly what youre talking about and yes I have had it happen to me before, I have fell for it before. but I've gotten over it and have seen other riders go down because of it. you really dont understand how calm i was during the turn.
Quote:
oh nothing major, maybe $50 in parts from ebay will do the job!
listen.. or read..
it's not about your skills as much as it is about confronting situations with the elements as you ride.
we all have had those times when it's not us, it's "the devil" inside telling us to twist the throttle, to push ourselves more, or just that over confidence that we're planted on the road by our 2 wheels and underestimate situations or risks coming our way.
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #86
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

few pics....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0553.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	64845   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	64846   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0552.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	64847  

Old 01-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #87
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

At least hes still smiling about it
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #88
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
After that Cornerjunkie got pulled over on I-10 by our troopers friends trying to pull a MOTOGP move
I had to come back with my wife and pick up his and drive his ride.....4 tickets:ba nghead:
Man i have been telling people to go easy on i10 for a while now because of that same state trooper is always there, it almost feels like it's a checkpoint now, 4 tickets? that is some major bs!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #89
hurahn

Glad everyone is okay. I hope this doesn't drastically change the way you determine who's allowed to participate in your rides. I'd like to ride with y'all at least once, but if y'all start instituting obstacle challenges or feats of strength, I don't think it'll happen.
hurahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #90
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurahn View Post
Glad everyone is okay. I hope this doesn't drastically change the way you determine who's allowed to participate in your rides. I'd like to ride with y'all at least once, but if y'all start instituting obstacle challenges or feats of strength, I don't think it'll happen.
Come with us on a Sunday ride. It will be noob friendly. After participating in a few sunday rides and evaluating you, you should then be able to come on smaller rides. This should have been done in this situation. I had a feeling about this one.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #91
Bald 'n Gimpy
What?

Feedback Rating: (4)

Moderate to fast BORC style ride tomorrow!!!!!

BORC'd
Bald 'n Gimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #92
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurahn View Post
You should post up a ride with your intent..
Old 01-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #93
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Quote:
I have been on the same situation many times before and what has helped me a lot is to get on the throttle a bit more than usual and get out of the turbulence as fast as i can
That makes more sense, I appreciate the advice.. I suppose if I was more in a slightly "aggressive" mind set I probably would have done this. but I was taking it easy and trying to be more cautious. I messed up and started slowing down the truck, to pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
listen.. or read..
it's not about your skills as much as it is about confronting situations with the elements as you ride.
we all have had those times when it's not us, it's "the devil" inside telling us to twist the throttle, to push ourselves more, or just that over confidence that we're planted on the road by our 2 wheels and underestimate situations or risks coming our way.
lol this is kinda deep, but youre right I did underestimate the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
At least hes still smiling about it
yeah i am smiling (ugly smile haha), limping around the house haha but I started working on the bike took the front end apart already.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #94
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Come with us on a Sunday ride. It will be noob friendly. After participating in a few sunday rides and evaluating you, you should then be able to come on smaller rides. This should have been done in this situation. I had a feeling about this one.
Care to elaborate ? I had a feeling about ninja chick too, but, she was taking it easy and I thought I was probably being paranoid (no drugs involved )..
But, the location where she crashed was on a straight road with a very slight bend.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #95
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
i have ridden with Umayrkaleem a few times and he has a lot to learn before going on a small group ride setting where most riders are far more experienced than him.

On the other hand, our Sunday rides are a lot more noob friendly just because we always have a separate group for those who are just learning and enjoy a more relaxed pace. If there are no volunteers, i am usually leading the second group and at the pace that we go, no one really gets left behind.

Maybe we should implement a rotation system for sweepers and second group leaders
Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #96
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Care to elaborate ? I had a feeling about ninja chick too, but, she was taking it easy and I thought I was probably being paranoid (no drugs involved )..
But, the location where she crashed was on a straight road with a very slight bend.
Newer rider and Fast group = No good

As for your incident. I believe their was nothing that could have been done to avoid the situation. I never attend your rides but from my understanding they are very noob friendly. This is exactly how our sunday rides are. Now when you put me, carlos, jimmy, eric, and frank, lucar together the pace is not the same. If you throw a new rider in that mix their is something bound to happen.

Last edited by Racerxxx; 01-29-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #97
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
You should post up a ride with your intent..
well i cannot do babysitting....it is posted on the ride,this one was not noob friendly......i think he was riding at his pace and was fine,just inexperienced with tricky weather conditions like today....wet and windy....its called BORC favorite conditions....
Sorry jimrad to return one of your SDRC member in not so good conditions....i think the SDRC should evaluate their members and give a us a listing of experienced levels
i was warned last night by Barryreynoldts by the way abouit Umayr on our rides but i think he will learn a lot from today ride and will evaluate the danger better in the future.....he is 21 and somehow you night have to go thru this......he is ok and did not complain , good attitude under pain....
Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #98
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
be nice to Umayrkaleem
I tried....
Old 01-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #99
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Newer rider and Fast group = No good

As for your incident. I believe their was nothing that could have been done to avoid the situation. I never attend your rides but from my understanding they are very noob friendly. This is exactly how our sunday rides are. Now when you put me, jimmy, eric, and frank, lucar together the pace is not the same. If you throw a new rider in that mix their is something bound to happen.
dude..... you left out Carlos

Yes, that is why we have our regular SMR and the Big Boys Sunday Ride, which is by invitations only and off public forums. Bad weather and a huge gap in rider's skill will always have bad consequences.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #100
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Oh, now I get the other thread.

Man, I don't hang out here enough any more.

Glad you're ok, Umar. If your bike is ride-able and only cosmetics, may I suggest attempting a track day on it.

You can do it for 50% on the 9th...

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement