MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #21
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

lol

rocket surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honest value dinogt General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 05-27-2015 09:14 PM
Need an honest opinion! X2thaV General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 08-09-2013 12:07 AM
Be Honest... Mala Lingua Off Topic 12 04-28-2009 06:00 PM
Be Honest.......... JonEric0430 Off Topic 49 10-29-2008 11:19 PM
THE HONEST COUPLE FastLine Off Topic 3 05-10-2007 08:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #22
batman007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2006 R6S

i know its 30 % of what they charge.. so how much do they charge?, 1.00? 5.00? 20.00?, is this a nice establishment? or is this a car wash tent in a parkling lot? hahhaha
Old 02-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #23
Longnguyen

Feedback Rating: (0)

if its a bubbles or something in that league in a hot spot.......ching ching ching $$$$$
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #24
86gixx

it IS going to be at a parking lot of the company that i work for during the day. there is also another company that shares the same lot and i'd guess that there are 50 cars per day that park there, along with the any number of the 200 drivers that work for my employer that drive their own personal trucks. they all have to come down and personally pick up their payroll checks and i'm sure a good % of them wouldn't mind shelling out a lil' somethin to get their ride cleaned up quickly while they are already there. i've had very positive feedback from the folks that i polled about the idea of having a car wash there on premises so i'm putting it together. and if it goes well, i will expand to other locations(hotspots) that i am considering. and if that cranks up, other ideas are being tossed around. there is money in car washing and stuff. i talked to a dude who i used to detail his vette and he ended up starting a mobile service that was profiting 110,000 per year. not to shabby if you ask me. low overhead costs and high return on investment = $$$$$$$$. anyways, please pm or call me if intrested or to pose a question or whatever. thanks.

Last edited by 86gixx; 02-23-2007 at 11:01 PM.
86gixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #25
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Scot
No - but you do have to be able to put the letters and numbers posted above together in order to arrive of a reasonable definition of what was explained.

Oh and "reasonable definition" is not YOUR interpretation translated from the language known to many as ENGLISH to some random personal BS that only 2 year olds can understand!!!

Good Morning and have a great day!

Choose English speakers if you want, but readin' and scribblin' English are not still not requirements for washing cars. And if it is, well then booo on you.. You're only gonna get caught cheatin' 'em.

CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:48 PM   #26
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
haha... 30%. ya. work for this guy...

...or...

..buy your own buckets and soap and give yourself a 70% raise!!! i guess not everyone is an entreprenuer though so good for you for giving it a shot anyways, good luck.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #27
86gixx

waiters and waitresses work for a hopeful 20% "tip" :eh: (which is similar to comission pay except a tip for doing a job is not sure deal --comission is getting paid a set amount for the job you did do) per table fool.........if they don't get stiffed completely. ? car salespersons get about a 30-40% commission on a portion of an auto sale they make. ? I, AS A HOTSHOT DELIVERY DRIVER WORK ON COMMISSION --(60% RATE , BECAUSE I HAVE TO PROVIDE EVERYTHING I NEED TO DO THE JOB DAY IN AND DAY OUT--ABOUT 90,000 MILES A YEAR, AND $200-$350 A WEEK JUST IN GAS, AND THEN THE MAINTENANCE ITEMS, AND THE RISK OF JUST BEING OUT THERE FOR 90,00 MILES A YEARS IN AND OUT OF TOWN:BangHead: )AND MAKE COMFORTABLE MONEY BECAUSE I INVEST MYSELF TO THE JOB AND HUSTLE AT IT.:icon_bigg I HAVE A BAD WEEK NOW AND THEN, LIKE CHRISTMAS TILL END OF JANUARY , BUT MY YEAR TO DATE WOULD SURPRISE MANY OF YOU. car washing is not a job that demands higher education and frankly most big time operations in town simply hire illegals to work those positions and how much do you think that they make per hour??? even if the worker isn't illegal, how much do you think that they earn per hour.........min wage mostly. if a days work pulls in a total of $300---my employee would have $90 bucks tax free for that day. the second employee also takes home 90. owners cut is 120. at 8 dollars/hour the same employees only take home-----$64. hmm......work good and fast and take home more cash or hire an hourly an watch them fluff off all day because they know they are only gonna make $64 no matter what. commission pay is an incintive to get workers to do a good job and huslte, thus creating repeat customers.

WHO IN HERE HAS EVER BEEN PAID COMMISSION AT THEIR JOB? SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE. YES, I WENT OFF ON A RANT. TOUGH.

ok i have cooled off a bit. ready for more unthoughthrough comments!:laughing6
Old 02-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #28
86gixx

yeah, start your own business up! improve your status! and if you can't do something else like work a job till you can get to that point.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:41 PM   #29
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

They wash cars on the roof of a garage downtown on Milam. Seem to be pretty busy on nice days. They have all of downtown to find customers, but I've never heard anyone else mention it. I think it is exclusive for those who park in the garage, possibly in conjunction with the valet service.

Exxonmobil used to have a service garage in the bottom level of their garage. You drop your car off, go to work, get an estimate or work done, even inspection, and pick it up after the work day, even after hours. They closed it down for safety reasons (they are very paranoid at EM). It should be done again downtown.

Two words for finding your employees: Work Lot $70 pesos pora hora

BTW, what does unthoughthrough mean?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:54 PM   #30
86gixx

un-thought-through---some idea or comment that is not thought through, but rather just blurted out---or something like that. i just made it up, makes sense huh. i should call webster's dictionary and tell 'em to add it into the book!! hehe
Old 02-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #31
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknrobert
lol

rocket surgeon
lmao
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 12:22 AM   #32
stlal
Superman

Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior

Send a message via MSN to stlal
I have a friend who owns a car wash 5 minutes from there in Friendswood
Old 02-24-2007, 12:44 AM   #33
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gixx
my employee would have $90 bucks tax free
Uncle Sam is watching you

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:00 AM   #34
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
haha... 30%. ya. work for this guy...

...or...

..buy your own buckets and soap and give yourself a 70% raise!!! i guess not everyone is an entreprenuer though so good for you for giving it a shot anyways, good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gixx
if a days work pulls in a total of $300---my employee would have $90 bucks tax free for that day. the second employee also takes home 90. owners cut is 120. at 8 dollars/hour the same employees only take home-----$64. hmm......work good and fast and take home more cash or hire an hourly an watch them fluff off all day because they know they are only gonna make $64 no matter what. commission pay is an incintive to get workers to do a good job and huslte, thus creating repeat customers.

WHO IN HERE HAS EVER BEEN PAID COMMISSION AT THEIR JOB? SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE. YES, I WENT OFF ON A RANT. TOUGH.

ok i have cooled off a bit. ready for more unthoughthrough comments!:laughing6
i earn a commision...and thats why i brought up my point, cause i think once you earn a commision its gets you thinking along the lines of entreprenuership (again, props to you for the idea and going for it)

but im just a smartass...SO...

yeah, so using my logic and your example...

say a day pulls in $300 for the biz...workers gets:

work hourly = $64, get paid the same to be lazy...
work for you = $90, tax free just show up.
work for themselves=$297 (also tax free)
(assume three dollars lost from trip to dollar store for bucket, soap, and sponge.)

dont get mad, im just razzing you. on the reals, if someone needs a quick job for some quick cash, this wouldnt be a bad gig to work for 86, im just teasin him. im guessin youd pay daily, and thats pretty cool on its own. you can earn more in a day than alot of folks with regular jobs.

Advertisement