Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #61
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
Actually, when U pay Citizens YOU DONT COME BACK TO COURT, its all over, "1 HITTER QUITER"
Heh, no, you still have to enter a plea and then go to trial. Tickets are not just tossed out. There are no magic people to pay off and a ticket just disappears.

If you go to trial and the cop no-shows, then it is tossed out. If you go to trial and the cop says "not ready" (usually meaning he doesn't want to hang out all day), your ticket is tossed out. If you go to trial and the cop says "ready", then you will sit your in that hard seat all morning long, and then you will go to trial in the afternoon, particularly if you were doing 120 MPH and the cop whispers this to the prosecutor, and they decide you are going to burn because you're being retarded. At which point Citizens will be working their off to try to get you deferred or anything OTHER than going to trial, which the prosecution CAN decline.

Once you plead not guilty, DDC is theoretically off the table.

Oh, and be careful of what Citizen charges you. I doubt very seriously if the $50 you pay them is for anything other than pre-trial. If they have to actually go into the afternoon, I'll wager there is an extended fee.

7ef578b4e668724485ba633629c5f960
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speeding ticket! darklineninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 12-27-2012 05:04 AM
Speeding ticket... Smart Shark Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 26 11-28-2011 11:04 PM
How to Get Out of a Speeding Ticket bioGuru Off Topic 1 03-29-2009 06:37 PM
speeding ticket wlgorman General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 06-03-2007 05:12 PM
Speeding ticket TONY112083 Off Topic 21 03-17-2006 11:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #62
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
What if he would have showed up?
They NEVER showed up for ANY of my court dates NEVER, also I never was asked to make a plea, lawer just speaks with me b4 talking with the prosecutor and ask's what happened on the day, tells me to sit back down, the next thing I know is when he called my name again, he says "Your case has been dismissed, you are FREE TO GO". Its that simple, neva had to go through all that Malaka you speak of. Maybe you need to sit in one of these court cases and see it for yourself, its quit amazing really. Everyone that did not pay for a Lawyer had to pay for their fine, all those who paid for a Lawyer, their cases were dismissed.

Commissioner

Last edited by Cornerjunkie; 01-26-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #63
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):

Quote:
They NEVER showed up for ANY of my court dates NEVER, also I never was asked to make a plea, lawer just speaks with me b4 talking with the prosecutor and ask's what happened on the day, tells me to sit back down, the next thing I know is when he called my name again, he says "Your case has been dismissed, you are FREE TO GO". Its that simple, neva had to go through all that Malaka you speak of. Maybe you need to sit in one of these court cases and see it for yourself, its quit amazing really. Everyone that did not pay for a Lawyer had to pay for their fine, all those who paid for a Lawyer, their cases were dismissed.
If you showed up without an attorney and the officer also did not show up, guess what would have happened to your ticket?

Maybe I should go sit in on one of those court cases...

Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #64
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
If you showed up without an attorney and the officer also did not show up, guess what would have happened to your ticket?

Maybe I should go sit in on one of those court cases...
Ahhhhhhh yeah, you should, cause i never see cops at these court cases, just the people who got tickets, and people who paid for a lawyer. If somesone pleads for a trial by judge, Then...... u might see a cop come on that day, but the first initial court date, they are not there. Trust me traffic court is nothing but a freggin raquet, and civilians are the ones who pay, those that are ignorant on how traffic court works, are the ones paying for their fines, making dunb pleas like NO CONTEST, all u have to do is Lawyer up, and ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED,,,,,,,simple

Commissioner
Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #65
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Ahhhhhhh yeah, you should, cause i never see cops at these court cases, just the people who got tickets, and people who paid for a lawyer. If somesone pleads for a trial by judge, Then...... u might see a cop come on that day, but the first initial court date, they are not there. Trust me traffic court is nothing but a freggin raquet, and civilians are the ones who pay, those that are ignorant on how traffic court works, are the ones paying for their fines, making dunb pleas like NO CONTEST, all u have to do is Lawyer up, and ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED,,,,,,,simple
Dude, I am a cop. I've been in those courts so many times I can't count.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #66
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

a very simple solution is simply stay within the speed limit...get your speed fix on trackdays or racing
i don't really know much about this subject... the last time i was an and got a ticket for doing tripple digits was 42 years ago... the cop gave me a ticket and the address of the judge in the next small town...
i knocked on the judge's door and paid the ticket... then went on my way

Last edited by obed; 01-26-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #67
The Hulk
Smash

Bike(s):
04 ZX10R

Member Garage

What's the big debate? If the officer does not show up, the case is dismissed. If the officer does show up, lawyer or not, your gonna be held responsible.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #68
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

HOLY MOTHER OF . what happend to my thread :( but all interesting information pertaining to the matter will be considering. I believe I will take the class for defensive driving due to the fact, the officer was correct in the situation and he helped me out. For my other tickets though, the ones I will like to fight and dont believe theyre correct I will hire the lawyer people corner junkie is recommending since they look promising
Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #69
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayrkaleem View Post
HOLY MOTHER OF . what happend to my thread :( but all interesting information pertaining to the matter will be considering. I believe I will take the class for defensive driving due to the fact, the officer was correct in the situation and he helped me out. For my other tickets though, the ones I will like to fight and dont believe theyre correct I will hire the lawyer people corner junkie is recommending since they look promising
There really is no big debate, Im just stating the facts about Houston/Harris county courts & tickets, I can speak on it because I have had plenty of tickets, so I know what worked and what didnt. This dude who is a cop can only speak of his experiences AS A COP. Every single ticket I got and I tried to fight it, I had to pay the fine, if it was a BS ticket or a fine I actually deserved. And all the tickets I fought using Citizens Law Firm GOT DISMISSED. No Brainer

Commissioner
Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #70
nhs156

You're an idiot for doing 120 on I-10, an even bigger idiot for bragging about once doing 170 on public roads and perhaps the biggest idiot of all for posting this on a public forum including your name and a picture of self.

Darwin will catch up with you one day, unless you grow up and/or learn to ride like a responsible motorcyclist.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #71
FowleR6

Speeding ticket i-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhs156 View Post
You're an idiot for doing 120 on I-10, an even bigger idiot for bragging about once doing 170 on public roads and perhaps the biggest idiot of all for posting this on a public forum including your name and a picture of self.

Darwin will catch up with you one day, unless you grow up and/or learn to ride like a responsible motorcyclist.
Thanks for the input, Mom.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #72
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

we know your mom would be proud, cuz you're so responsible and all.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #73
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Old 01-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #74
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Quote:

DING!! DING!!! DING!!! Winner^^^^

So much internet posturing and keyboard ninja skills on display.

To the original poster- just take it for what it is. Maybe its just easier to not speed. But if you do and get ticketed. Ohwell..
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 01-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #75
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:

I didnt say I did 170 on public roads, I said I've hit that speed on my bike. I didnt include the speed at first, I didnt want to but people asked. The officer knows I hit a speed, he told me. I agreed I hit such speed, I did the crime and I'll pay for it. Even though he's letting me off real easy, Im not going to fight it I'll just ask for defensive driving to get it dismissed.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #76
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowleR6 View Post
Thanks for the input, Mom.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
DING!! DING!!! DING!!! Winner^^^^

So much internet posturing and keyboard ninja skills on display.

To the original poster- just take it for what it is. Maybe its just easier to not speed. But if you do and get ticketed. Ohwell..
Yeah thats what I plan to do. Im not fighting it..
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #77
Fastola
Banned

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street

User is banned

Old 01-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #78
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
LOL 160... my bike cant hit those speeds. can it? I just have a lil ol 929
Problem #1
Quote:
lol once i got to 170 I pulled off because it felt like forever. i'll get a better windscreen and try it again
Problem #2
Quote:
I didnt say I did 170 on public roads, I said I've hit that speed on my bike. I didnt include the speed at first, I didnt want to but people asked. The officer knows I hit a speed, he told me. I agreed I hit such speed, I did the crime and I'll pay for it. Even though he's letting me off real easy, Im not going to fight it I'll just ask for defensive driving to get it dismissed.
Problem #3. Your responses are full of more holes than a sieve. Kids on crack.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #79
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastola View Post
Member when you said "i bench 250 like a fuckn douche". Whad up?". Well im here saying whad up.

i got some freetime.. Did you wanna do anything or just talk out your ?

Im around all day. Tell me when and where fuckboy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grsa View Post
Problem #1

Problem #2

Problem #3. Your responses are full of more holes than a sieve. Kids on crack.

uh oh. let the internet games begin. now start entertaining me
Old 01-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #80
hes

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4; CC; Tamburini; Brutale and F3
2015 BMW GSA 1200
2008 KTM 530 EXC; 2014 Yamaha 450YZF
2008 Ducati Desmosedici
1980 Vespa (my track bike)

Every once in a while it seems all cops go outmlike crazy giving tickets as the city runs low in cash. Last Friday there were 4 troopers in 1/4 mile on bltwy 8 and clay going sount.

And 2 weeks ago i got pulled over doing 44 in a 35 zone. He asked me for all papers and went to his car, checked my records and when he came back gave me all back and said "slow down next time". Seriously??
Closed Thread

Advertisement