MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #21
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

You should start dancing and singing Bollywood style. Worked once for me. The second time they asked if I was under the influence.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speeding ticket! darklineninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 12-27-2012 05:04 AM
Speeding ticket... Smart Shark Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 26 11-28-2011 11:04 PM
How to Get Out of a Speeding Ticket bioGuru Off Topic 1 03-29-2009 06:37 PM
speeding ticket wlgorman General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 06-03-2007 05:12 PM
Speeding ticket TONY112083 Off Topic 21 03-17-2006 11:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #22
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Leo has a sence of humor. It is best to find that if you actually get pulled over.
If you're polite and can make them laugh you can usually get off with a warning. Got pulled over in the truck a few months ago. He came up and said he clocked me at 87 and asked what the hurry was. Well the first thing that popped out of my mouth was "I was trying to get back to 1985" He didn't think it was funny and I got the ticket
Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #23
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayrkaleem View Post
LOL 160... my bike cant hit those speeds. can it? I just have a lil ol 929
954 will hit 186 indicated. Allegedly...

Riding the back roads of heaven.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #24
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

I've gotten a warning for 94 in a 40, and I know a girl that got TWO warnings on i10 for over 120 (nice to have ).

Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #25
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
954 will hit 186 indicated. Allegedly...
lol once i got to 170 I pulled off because it felt like forever. i'll get a better windscreen and try it again
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #26
DAT GUY

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
95 Sportster 1200

Lots of officers out there are cool like that. with that said you are crazy to even think about speeding on I-10 on either side of Houston. cops be erry where
Old 01-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #27
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
I've gotten a warning for 94 in a 40, and I know a girl that got TWO warnings on i10 for over 120 (nice to have ).
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #28
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
I have been pulled over at least 200 times in my life.

I have received 4 tickets.

There is something to be said for being respectful, legal (insurance, license, registration), and humble when stopped.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #29
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

awsoem thread
Old 01-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #30
Soldaten

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2010 BMW F800 ST
YZ250 (sold)
BMW E30 Race Car
LeMons Race Car (burned)

The one and only time I've been pulled over on my MC, it took the cop so long to turn around, I could have easily run (but didn't).

By the time he got to me, I was motor off, helmet off, license & insurance out waiting for him.

He just rolled up, got out of the car and said, "Since you stopped so quickly, I'm going to let you off with a warning......slow down!"
Old 01-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #31
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

he wrote me for a 84/60 so I can take defensive driving. He told me a story about some dude that was speeding in the same area, same speed as me and hit the 610 ramp? or one of those ramps right by where he pulled me over at and said he took the ramp too hard, and fell out of it, landed on the road below, doa.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #32
FowleR6

Quote:
You hear usually more about cops being aholes, but today I was speeding and I mean I was SPEEDING on i-10. The road was opened up and I decided to hit the throttle, I got over the hill part and saw this dude pointing his laser/radar at me and he flew into his car and he was way ahead of me. before I could pass him he had his car pulled up in front of me and basically cornered me in. I thought about doing some crazy but I didn't and I pulled over like a good person. Alright the speed I was going i'm surprised this cop didnt run towards me and start beating me with his night stick and kick my bike over, shoot at the gas tank til it exploded. BUT I just started off by saying sorry, and he told me what he clocked me at. He checked out my record which was squeaky clean and I was super nice to him I took my keys out, show it to him while he kept looking at me in his mirrors while I was in neutral rolling to a stop. He got out the car, talked to me, came out the car and gave me a speeding ticket where I can take defensive driving and have it dismissed. Gave me a well-deserved little lecture. I'm extremely lucky. He's one of the few cops that wasn't a complete d about it and I thought i should throw some recognition out there since you usually hear cops being put down as a holes.
Was it the tall, Caucasian, HPD Officer in the unmarked white Crown Vic!?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #33
Truckin_Thumper

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

When I lived in NC, I was wringing the neck of my LC4e (625cc dirt bike with a plate), on the shoulder of the highway. This is hwy 74 which is in the work of being an Interstate.
When they made it 4 lanes, they groomed the land for 6 lanes, but only made it a 4 lane.

I came out of the woods, and did not want to get on the tarmac for 3 miles, so I just stayed on the grass. I had the pinned (110 mph). NC HP was going the opposite direction, slammed on his brakes, crossed the median, heading back east, disco lights and noise makers full throttle.
When I realized he was after me, I stopped. He was LIVID!

Now in NC, if you are going 2x the posted, you get a trip to the pokey.
I was in a 55mph zone, IF I was on pavement. He did not put me in cuffs, as I pulled over the second he did a flip, and was waiting on him to pull up behind me. Helmet off and paperwork ready.

He reminds me of the mandatory 24 hr graybar visit, telling me about death and such.
I tell him I am a top ranked amture rider and I am in full gear and understand the outcome of a crash at these speeds. I also tell him I am training for a race in SC next month.

After about 30 minutes of discussion, and a few minutes of him looking over the bike and amazed it was street legal, he lets me off with a "get the off my roadway".

If you cannot charm them with humor, give them an entertaining story.

Kinda like the time I got popped for jumping the RR tracks
Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #34
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

Congratulations sir, You earned it. Now, instead of paying $100 for defensive driving, you can hire Citizens Law Firm, pay them $50 for their services, they will in return reset your court date for 1 month or 2 months in advance, and all you have to do is SHOW UP. I promise you case will be dismissed, and you will walk out LAUGHING. I know this because I've had several tickets, and when I hired them, they all were DISMISSED. All you have to do is Make the call.

2616 S Loop W #625 Houston, TX 77054
(713) 665-4977

Commissioner
Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #35
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

it was this short black dude , it was kinda unmarked but not really? they liked tried to make it unmarked but you can kinda still see "police" on the side
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #36
FowleR6

Quote:
it was this short black dude , it was kinda unmarked but not really? they liked tried to make it unmarked but you can kinda still see "police" on the side
Oh so it was a stealth car...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #37
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
Congratulations sir, You earned it. Now, instead of paying $100 for defensive driving, you can hire Citizens Law Firm, pay them $50 for their services, they will in return reset your court date for 1 month or 2 months in advance, and all you have to do is SHOW UP. I promise you case will be dismissed, and you will walk out LAUGHING. I know this because I've had several tickets, and when I hired them, they all were DISMISSED. All you have to do is Make the call.

2616 S Loop W #625 Houston, TX 77054
(713) 665-4977
I really will give them a call.. should I really? I have some other tickets as well.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #38
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FowleR6 View Post
Oh so it was a stealth car...
yeah that dude was out there ALL day. he got me before noon first. later last night I was coming back from galveston and this new GT mustang kept trying to run with me. I glad I didnt, I was like my head lights are out.. I dont need anymore cop attention. As soon as we got over the hill he was standing there in the dark with his one knee down, pointing his laser down the road ready for some shenanigans, you couldnt really see him but you could see his car. I'm glad he didnt try to pull me over for the headlights being out. he would have been mindfked
Old 01-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #39
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

Quote:
I really will give them a call.. should I really? I have some other tickets as well.
Yessir call them, it would be the smartest thing you can do, they charge $50 a ticket soooooooooo, if you have more than 1, they can take care of those also, even though the tickets are in different courts. The only court they dont goto is out in Fulshear, or Brookshire. But anywhere in Houston, Harris county & maybe fortbend. I've had just about every citation, besides No Insurance, which at the time when I didnt have it, I just called Safe Auto the same day and got Liability, waited till the ticket was in the system & went to courthouse with my insurance and got it dismissed, called Citizens Law Firm for the speeding ticket, went to court & ticket was dismissed.

Commissioner
Old 01-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #40
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
Yessir call them, it would be the smartest thing you can do, they charge $50 a ticket soooooooooo, if you have more than 1, they can take care of those also, even though the tickets are in different courts. The only court they dont goto is out in Fulshear, or Brookshire. But anywhere in Houston, Harris county & maybe fortbend. I've had just about every citation, besides No Insurance, which at the time when I didnt have it, I just called Safe Auto the same day and got Liability, waited till the ticket was in the system & went to courthouse with my insurance and got it dismissed, called Citizens Law Firm for the speeding ticket, went to court & ticket was dismissed.
I called them up, the lady that answered the phone sounded like she had a little too much attitude and she asked for my case number I said nicely "one second, let me go grab it!" and then she *sighed* "what?" . THEN I was like listen you little c*nt, Im going to grab this f*ck1n ticket and youre going to look up the case number? Im not f*ck1n around I dont have time for you Sh*t no not really but I did get pretty aggressive on the phone and I was like "Give me a minute Im about to grab it ." Then next thing you know she was one of the sweetest girls Ive ever talked to on the phone but yeah ima get them to work on my tickets.

Advertisement