Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #21
ninenine
cmra expert
 
ninenine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike








Surprised fastline has people with a attitude like that working for them. I know I wouldn't want someone with a outlook on racing/riding as you do.
__________________
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CMRA Round 1 MSRH Videos tankmonkey Taking it to the Track 24 02-21-2014 07:39 PM
Cmra round 1 MSRH schedule out ninenine Taking it to the Track 18 01-27-2013 10:29 PM
West Houston / Katy - MSRH 11/1 pre-track day BREAKFAST and caravan [poser] Ridesmart Motorcycle School 3 10-29-2008 08:07 AM
NW Ride down to MSRH (Pre Roman Memorial) dbuck Events, Meets and Rides 35 05-12-2007 06:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #22
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBusa View Post
pinche loco, how many races you doing this year?
As many as I can, I really want to do this first round at MSRH, but it's looking rough. My chick bought me tickets for Chicago and I'm hoping it's not too expensive.

I will def be riding on the 9th with Ridesmart
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #23
GABRIEL
Senior Member
 
GABRIEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SW/SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 7,184

Experience: 1-3 months











Humble. I would rather be faster than I think or say I am. Just need to finish pro nov stuff on a negative dollar budget and then I can pick up the pace. I dont claim to be fast. I just like to ride and I love the feeling of being able to race. If I race for last place i will still have fun as though I was racing for first. I am looking forward to seeing how I measure up against the people running on new tires and a setup bike compared to my cl found beater.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #24
GABRIEL
Senior Member
 
GABRIEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SW/SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 7,184

Experience: 1-3 months











Quote:
Originally Posted by 392 View Post
Surprised fastline has people with a attitude like that working for them. I know I wouldn't want someone with a outlook on racing/riding as you do.
Fastline loves me. I like to help everyone anyway I can. It is a trackday, not a race. I help people work on their bikes to giving them rides to trackdays, even direct them to cheaper days with Ride Smart. I like to help riders improve anyway I can. If you need any help in getting to the track or anything else to help you get to the track let me know and I will do my best to help you good sir. If I cant help you maybe one of the other staff members can. I do the best with what I have.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY
 
wiayeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Med Ctr
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,122

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)






Gabriel........Your attitude is just fine. Go out there, find someone to race with, and have some fun.

Biggest thing about pre registering is that it is one less thing to do on race day. With it being the first race of the season, the queues will be huge.
__________________
OOT
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team

Last edited by wiayeman; 01-23-2013 at 12:42 PM.
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #26
GABRIEL
Senior Member
 
GABRIEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SW/SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 7,184

Experience: 1-3 months











Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
Gabriel........Your attitude is just fine. Go out there, find someone to race with, and have some fun.

Biggest thing about pre registering is that it is one less thing to do on race day. With it being the first race of the season, the queues will be huge.
If you see me out there say hi. I dont think we have officialy met at any events. Yeah. I just want to get as much out of the way as possible. I want to tech my bike on Saturday and know where I am supposed to be.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #27
1FC
380 Racing & Paint
 
1FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,901

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR






If I get to start anywhere besides the last row Ill be happy, pre - registered yesterday.
__________________
CMRA Novice Champion with / 380 Racing & Paint / South Central Race Center / Pirelli Rubber
Motorcycles Unlimited / Houston SuperBikes /
Cycle Gear / P-1 Suspension / M-4 Products / Family and Friends
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #28
GABRIEL
Senior Member
 
GABRIEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SW/SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 7,184

Experience: 1-3 months











Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FC View Post
If I get to start anywhere besides the last row Ill be happy, pre - registered yesterday.
You start last row and finish first anyway so it wont matter.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #29
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw
 
Mr.337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: by MSRH
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,014

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)






lmao i'm glad dave you aren't on a 600 or i'd have to losen your axle nut j/k i'm trying to fax my in now just can't find a fax machine for free lol
__________________
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #30
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw
 
Mr.337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: by MSRH
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,014

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)






i'm with you gabe. i can only make a few rounds this year with work schedule. it's all about having fun with friends and being competitive were not valentino rossi getting paid to race. it's taking it to the next level of riding and in the end loading up on a trailer in 1 piece with a smile and cold beer in your hand laughing about the close passes or kicking your bike b/c it has a mechanical problem *me last round last yr*
__________________
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #31
joeybaila
Senior Member
 
joeybaila's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (10)
Posts: 2,371

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+


2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....






Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.337 View Post
i'm with you gabe. i can only make a few rounds this year with work schedule. it's all about having fun with friends and being competitive were not valentino rossi getting paid to race. it's taking it to the next level of riding and in the end loading up on a trailer in 1 piece with a smile and cold beer in your hand laughing about the close passes or kicking your bike b/c it has a mechanical problem *me last round last yr*
__________________
CMRA # 208 Sponsors
http://www.track-junkie.com,Halffast Group, GnS Racing Transport,Ridesmart, Bridgestone, P1 Race Center, Kpop, Brawp Racing
joeybaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #32
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY
 
wiayeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Med Ctr
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,122

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)






Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
If you see me out there say hi. I dont think we have officialy met at any events. Yeah. I just want to get as much out of the way as possible. I want to tech my bike on Saturday and know where I am supposed to be.
Will do.

Silly details make things easier. Things like a chip clip to attach your paperwork to your screen when you ride over to tech. Also, just a piece of tape to go on your tank that has race number and grid position on it.
__________________
OOT
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #33
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY
 
wiayeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Med Ctr
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,122

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)






Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FC View Post
If I get to start anywhere besides the last row Ill be happy, pre - registered yesterday.
You'll be fine. I bet there will be 46 waves at the first race
__________________
OOT
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #34
exalted512
Slow^^^
 
exalted512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: College Station
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 673

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R









Send a message via AIM to exalted512
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
Humble. I would rather be faster than I think or say I am. Just need to finish pro nov stuff on a negative dollar budget and then I can pick up the pace. I dont claim to be fast. I just like to ride and I love the feeling of being able to race. If I race for last place i will still have fun as though I was racing for first. I am looking forward to seeing how I measure up against the people running on new tires and a setup bike compared to my cl found beater.
What does prov nov have anything to do with your pace? If you wreck, you just have to do another race. It doesn't affect anything other than how long you have to wear a yellow shirt.

I like my yellow shirt. Everyone that I pass knows they just got passed by a rookie

As far as starting in the back. Who cares? Not everyone races for first place. Would I love to get first? Yeah. Am I not going to have fun if I don't? No. My first race weekend, I started in the last 2-3 rows of the second wave of every race I entered. I had an absolute blast. I passed around 20 people each race. It was awesome. Even managed a faster lap on the last race than the guy that got first did.

If I can make it, I'll be starting towards the back again because I'm having to wait to register because of work. And I'll have just as much fun as the guy that gets first. If I don't - I'll stop wasting my money on something I don't have to and don't have fun doing
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #35
uhaulcma
CMA FASTLANE G.E.T.
 
uhaulcma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: La Marque Tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 145

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 HONDA GOLDWING
KAWASKI VOYAGER XII SOLD
KAWASAKI 800 VULCAN CLASSIC SOLD
2002 KAWASAKI 750 ZR7






Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
Fastline loves me. I like to help everyone anyway I can. It is a trackday, not a race. I help people work on their bikes to giving them rides to trackdays, even direct them to cheaper days with Ride Smart. I like to help riders improve anyway I can. If you need any help in getting to the track or anything else to help you get to the track let me know and I will do my best to help you good sir. If I cant help you maybe one of the other staff members can. I do the best with what I have.
Your the bomb Gabriel. You help us newbees very well Thank You
uhaulcma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #36
psychomedicHFD
CMRA Expert #65
 
psychomedicHFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rosenberg,TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,174

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1 Race bike









Quote:
Originally Posted by exalted512 View Post
What does prov nov have anything to do with your pace? If you wreck, you just have to do another race. It doesn't affect anything other than how long you have to wear a yellow shirt.

I like my yellow shirt. Everyone that I pass knows they just got passed by a rookie

As far as starting in the back. Who cares? Not everyone races for first place. Would I love to get first? Yeah. Am I not going to have fun if I don't? No. My first race weekend, I started in the last 2-3 rows of the second wave of every race I entered. I had an absolute blast. I passed around 20 people each race. It was awesome. Even managed a faster lap on the last race than the guy that got first did.

If I can make it, I'll be starting towards the back again because I'm having to wait to register because of work. And I'll have just as much fun as the guy that gets first. If I don't - I'll stop wasting my money on something I don't have to and don't have fun doing
-Cody
I am going to wear my Pro-Nov shirt in my races this year....and watch Walter a brick.
__________________
CMRA #65
psychomedicHFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #37
switch
two fifty
 
switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,237

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by psychomedicHFD View Post
I am going to wear my Pro-Nov shirt in my races this year....and watch Walter a brick.
this is going to be awesome.
__________________
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #38
Bald 'n Gimpy
What?
 
Bald 'n Gimpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SW side
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 961

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Pre register msrh First Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychomedicHFD View Post
I am going to wear my Pro-Nov shirt in my races this year....and watch Walter a brick.
I don't think Walter would be the only one to flip out!!! Buwahahahahaaaa...

Too bad he reads here occasionally. So now he'll know. Others.......not so much.
Bald 'n Gimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy