Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 02:23 PM   #41
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
!
i think thats uncalld for....

look it could have happin to eny 1 of us on either end on ur bike or in a car, some people dont take the time to stop and look 3 times they only mite look once. i think they both made a dumb choice its not all her fault and its not all his. happins
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 motorcycle death/crash/drunk data RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 11-05-2011 04:19 PM
BEERFEST IN CS bunxx Off Topic 10 03-03-2009 07:47 AM
IIHS Press Release: Motorcycle Death Rates.. Guess which class "won". FlipSideUp General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 09-12-2007 01:20 PM
Diego Corrales (Boxer) Motorcycle Death Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 05-16-2007 03:21 PM
moto death is CS less_than_coop General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 02-21-2007 10:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #42
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider
Hold on there. So, you're telling me a bike traveling at average speed will flip an SUV? I don't think so...

I feel bad that the kid lost his life, but always assigning blame on a driver that turns in front of a bike is not right. Speed is absolutely a factor. When we all turn left in front of oncoming traffic, we all make a split-second assessment of the oncoming traffic's speed. IF, he was speeding excessively, I'm not quite sure she deserves the "dumb fault" tag...
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 a bike going 180 wont flip it.. it was a woman driver.. she probably flipped out and over corrected..
Old 02-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #43
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
i personally dont think that a bike traveling at 100MPH would flip and SUV.....I think when she was turning, it got top heavy and when he hit her, it finished it off...
thank you.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #44
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I wish I could find some, but I've seen pics of cars that get TOTALLY demolished by bikes. Flipped over, cut in half, all smashed up.

I don't know anything about this case, but the bike doesn't look like it sustained damage that would be consistent with hitting a car at 100+ MPH. Probably a combo of top-heavy SUV, evasive manuevering, and collision.

Wasn't it a state senator or governor or somebody in south dakota that ran the stop sign and plowed the folks on a harley? It caddie was demolished
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #45
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by from pic link
A fatal collision involving an SUV and a motorcycle occurred Tuesday evening at Texas Avenue and Francis. The motorcycle was north on Texas Avenue when it struck the SUV, causing it to flip onto its side. The occupant of the SUV was taken to St. Joseph's hospital and is in fair condition. The driver of the motorcycle, sophomore general studies major Michael Weber, was killed in the accident.
so you are going to blame the suv fliping on the bike.. that bike is not that messed up.. i'd say he was going 45-55 maybe less.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #46
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown
I wish I could find some, but I've seen pics of cars that get TOTALLY demolished by bikes. Flipped over, cut in half, all smashed up.

I don't know anything about this case, but the bike doesn't look like it sustained damage that would be consistent with hitting a car at 100+ MPH. Probably a combo of top-heavy SUV, evasive manuevering, and collision.

Wasn't it a state senator or governor or somebody in south dakota that ran the stop sign and plowed the folks on a harley? It caddie was demolished
i have seen alot of that.. but not flipping... and at that they were very highspeed crashes. as you said that damage on the bike and the suv (look at the passenger side rear door which is where the impact was.) doesnt look like he was going very fast...

totally deserves the "dumb " label IMO
Old 02-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #47
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

h3bn2j3h
Old 02-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #48
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

RIP kid.
stuff like this always scares me....one of my biggest fears is a car turning in front of me. how do you avoid dying in a situation like that? you really can't, can you?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #49
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
RIP kid.
stuff like this always scares me....one of my biggest fears is a car turning in front of me. how do you avoid dying in a situation like that? you really can't, can you?
dont ride in a cars blind spot.. or lay it down and hope you dont go under the car...
Old 02-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #50
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
RIP kid.
This has happened to me TWICE in bryan where I work. First time and old lady turned left in front of me, my FZR hit directly on her rear wheel sending me over the car and into the street. The second time, same exact senario, this time i got onto the brakes of my new gixxer and scrubbed off some speed but still hit the front quarter panel of the car. Having been in the same wreck before I knew to jump as hard as I could right before impact in hopes of clearing the car and bike. I did and flew a long way, flipping through the air.
Both wrecks gave me almost no reaction time, and thanks to wearing gloves, jacket and helmet, I walked away from both with some 'minor' injuries.

The difference between my wrecks and his was that he hit the center of a tall SUV and had nowhere to go. It really shakes you up to think about it.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:02 PM   #51
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

I'll add to the sentiment that I am not trying to diminish this young man's life w/ my earlier post at all.

All I was pointing out is that when you read the phrase (in a newspaper no less) "car turned in front of bike" you cannot automatically put all blame on the driver and absolve the rider of wrong doing...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #52
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider
I'll add to the sentiment that I am not trying to diminish this young man's life w/ my earlier post at all.

All I was pointing out is that when you read the phrase (in a newspaper no less) "car turned in front of bike" you cannot automatically put all blame on the driver and absolve the rider of wrong doing...
roger.. but i think in this case it was all the suv drivers fault.

(edited to ad SUV in there in case anyone was in doubt of which driver i was talking about)

Last edited by Mr. Unassailable; 02-22-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Mr. Unassailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #53
nihaikitty
Squidette

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

^^^what he said. young, female...probably on the phone or something.
most of the wrecks or almost wrecks i've had were due to young girls (most of them with a cellphone or ipod in their hand). I was t-boned by a girl talking on a phone while driving....she drove right into me and didnt even see my car until a second before impact ( i know because i WATCHED her face as she drove right into me... i felt so helpless because i couldnt really go anywhere and she wasnt even looking at the road in front of her!!!!!). a girl ran me up onto a curb once too because she ran a stop sign and i had to swerve to avoid her because my brakes wouldnt have stopped me in time. i bet you the girl in the CS accident had some sort of "distraction" that contributed to the kid's death.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #54
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

^^^ see.. the women need to stay in cars.. no suv's or trucks for them. ... they do less damage that way. :laughing6

jk ladies dont get mad. but seriously 99% of you need to learn how to drive.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #55
R6kid
aggies class of 2010

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000 Red/Black

Send a message via AIM to R6kid
Ya i was about hundred yards away from that at raising canes chicken...the Texas A&M motorcycle club meets there every tuesday night...yall were talkin about speed, but from all of my accounts his helmet was on his helmet lock at time of accident. there is close to no traffic at this time in college station fyi

so in my opinion....helmet would of saved his life
R6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #56
R6kid
aggies class of 2010

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000 Red/Black

Send a message via AIM to R6kid
either way... RIP and i'm sorry for the family
R6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #57
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop
This has happened to me TWICE in bryan where I work. First time and old lady turned left in front of me, my FZR hit directly on her rear wheel sending me over the car and into the street. The second time, same exact senario, this time i got onto the brakes of my new gixxer and scrubbed off some speed but still hit the front quarter panel of the car. Having been in the same wreck before I knew to jump as hard as I could right before impact in hopes of clearing the car and bike. I did and flew a long way, flipping through the air.
Both wrecks gave me almost no reaction time, and thanks to wearing gloves, jacket and helmet, I walked away from both with some 'minor' injuries.

The difference between my wrecks and his was that he hit the center of a tall SUV and had nowhere to go. It really shakes you up to think about it.

On coop's second wreck the guy that hit him was middle eastern and he burned off from the scene and hid out in a shopping center up the street. Luckily some other biker that saw the wreck followed the guy and later led police to his "hideout." When the dud got arrested he kept saying, "Nt my fault! He hit Me! Not my fault!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #58
'' Mine's Bigger

's Avatar

Quote:
i bet you the girl in the CS accident had some sort of "distraction" that contributed to the kid's death.
Like being Asian???

That's ok the Asian's gave us the Ninja. :notworthy

Quote: Those Who Hesitate .
 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #59
nihaikitty
Squidette

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Like being Asian???

That's ok the Asian's gave us the Ninja. :notworthy
shut your face!

no postwhores or squids allowed

Last edited by nihaikitty; 02-22-2007 at 05:22 PM.
nihaikitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:16 PM   #60
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Guys, let the issue of who hit who at what speed die.

Let him rest in peace.

I sure hope this girl recovers from this tragic incident - as for the guy's family, we can all only pray. It saddens me to say going to Kempner High School i have played against this guy's High School Foot Ball Team (Bush High School).

It does'nt help - he was an only child.

RIP

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement