MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #21
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I'm not saying it was the kids fault, but they call it an accident for a reason. There are usually factors on both sides that contribute to a accident. For his part it sounds like he was traveling fast on a road that is busy. I've been to college station many times. That part of the road is right in front of campus. It is up to the motorcycle rider to take as many precautions when riding as possible, the cagers sure as are not going to. You are responsible for your own safety, ride smart.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 motorcycle death/crash/drunk data RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 11-05-2011 04:19 PM
BEERFEST IN CS bunxx Off Topic 10 03-03-2009 07:47 AM
IIHS Press Release: Motorcycle Death Rates.. Guess which class "won". FlipSideUp General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 09-12-2007 01:20 PM
Diego Corrales (Boxer) Motorcycle Death Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 05-16-2007 03:21 PM
moto death is CS less_than_coop General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 02-21-2007 10:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #22
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop
no, not 90.
but if he were going 50 or 55 he wouldnt not have been Evel Knievel.
moto cops like to run up and down this road at 55 during the day.
55 still isn't 40! Who gives a rats what moto cops do. They have loads more experiance and training than a college kid does.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #23
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

I agree. Its definantly seems as though the kid was going fast, faster than the posted limit at least. Especially because he was riding with a friend, which we all know makes us ride faster. I just wanted to clarify that even if he was speeding it wasnt like he was just asking for it. Its not like if someone was riding down westhiemar at 100.
But again, I agree that we have to do everything we can to stack the odds in our favors and gear, paying attention and thinking 5 steps ahead is crucial to making it home.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #24
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

THAT SUX RIP
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #25
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
55 still isn't 40! Who gives a rats what moto cops do. They have loads more experiance and training than a college kid does.
Well, I cant speak for you, but i really care what cops do! They are law enforcement officers and are held accountable to the same laws as the rest of us. They should feel an obligation to lead by example and should do so.
The dismissive attitude of "who gives a rats what moto cops do" is what gives them the mindset that they are so much better than us, can get away with whatever they like and take all the powertrips they want.

and no, 55 is not 40, but if you tell me that you have never sped on your motorcycle then I would be hard pressed to believe you.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #26
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

and Im not attacking you man, that just struck a nerve with me.
I respect your right to have your own opinions.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #27
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

come on yall hush it up give the kid some respect. if he was speeding then thats his wrong but the girl should have been looking more and the kid should have been more cautious. people die every day but theres really no use in al this. if the speed limit was 10 he still could have died. just watch out out there people stay safe
Old 02-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #28
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosthis
come on yall hush it up give the kid some respect. if he was speeding then thats his wrong but the girl should have been looking more and the kid should have been more cautious. people die every day but theres really no use in al this. if the speed limit was 10 he still could have died. just watch out out there people stay safe
word. the pulled out in front of him. nothing he could do. going 55 or 155... unless he had a head light like mine (imagine a lighter lit up on the front of the bike) then she shouldhave seen him. and if he was going 155 she would have seen him far away and maybe still pulled out, but he would have had time to react.

sounds to me like he was probably going average speed for a bike and she just totally didnt see him and pulled it right out in front of him

RIP - this goes down in the books with the kid that died up in cypress when the illegal alien drove off after the kid hit his van. only i bet blain(i think was the other drivers last name) wont get in trouble
Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #29
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

.. i searched for like 15 minutes and all i could come up with is one more link on it

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/5962031.html

same story.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #30
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
word. the pulled out in front of him...sounds to me like he was probably going average speed for a bike...
Hold on there. So, you're telling me a bike traveling at average speed will flip an SUV? I don't think so...

I feel bad that the kid lost his life, but always assigning blame on a driver that turns in front of a bike is not right. Speed is absolutely a factor. When we all turn left in front of oncoming traffic, we all make a split-second assessment of the oncoming traffic's speed. IF, he was speeding excessively, I'm not quite sure she deserves the "dumb fault" tag...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #31
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider
Hold on there. So, you're telling me a bike traveling at average speed will flip an SUV? I don't think so...

I feel bad that the kid lost his life, but always assigning blame on a driver that turns in front of a bike is not right. Speed is absolutely a factor. When we all turn left in front of oncoming traffic, we all make a split-second assessment of the oncoming traffic's speed. IF, he was speeding excessively, I'm not quite sure she deserves the "dumb fault" tag...
ummm... i think that would depend on the position of the suv and the direction on what the bike was heading. was there a curve or slant in the road? i think thats why its still bein investigated. and i dont ever believe what news people say cause they lie/ over do it some times to make thier story look better
Old 02-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #32
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

i personally dont think that a bike traveling at 100MPH would flip and SUV.....I think when she was turning, it got top heavy and when he hit her, it finished it off...
Old 02-22-2007, 02:01 PM   #33
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosthis
ummm... i think that would depend on the position of the suv and the direction on what the bike was heading. was there a curve or slant in the road? i think thats why its still bein investigated. and i dont ever believe what news people say cause they lie/ over do it some times to make thier story look better

no,no, that road is a straight away, ive been hearing about this around town, Coop, when yall do the taps for him, please let me know, do you know if there is any way to get into contact with the family?

that story just brings t back, it gave me chills 2 or 3 times, made me tear up a little. the only thing i keep thinkin, as that it was meant to be. thats all that keeps going thru my head.
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #34
datbikrgrl_x

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
i personally dont think that a bike traveling at 100MPH would flip and SUV.....I think when she was turning, it got top heavy and when he hit her, it finished it off...

Yeah, like maybe she was trying to beat him. Happens all the time. Happens to people in cars and on bikes. The person turning in front of you just "knows" they can make it and takes a pretty heavy duty quick swerve. The car flipping happens in T-Bones all the time. Happened to my aunt and uncle. They were going 45 mph and they are sure of it because they had it on cruise control and this idiot swerves in front of them, trying to beat them and they ended up slamming pretty hard core into the punks SUV...flipping it. That is the key...SUV...top heavy...swerving too fast. Doesn't really matter what speed the other vehicle was going. Just my .02. Could be the case here. You never know. She knows and she will have to live with it for the rest of her life. :eh:
Old 02-22-2007, 02:05 PM   #35
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ARM1LEG
no,no, that road is a straight away, ive been hearing about this around town, Coop, when yall do the taps for him, please let me know, do you know if there is any way to get into contact with the family?

that story just brings t back, it gave me chills 2 or 3 times, made me tear up a little. the only thing i keep thinkin, as that it was meant to be. thats all that keeps going thru my head.
Silver Taps will be the first Tuesday in March(March 6th i think).
I plan on riding up there, will probably be a few other bikes too.
Im not sure about sending something to the family though. Im sure if you sent it to the MSC or the Batt that they could get it to them. However,for those here in town, there is a drop box at the MSC that people can leave a note or letter in. Im going by there at somepoint and leaving something, if you want you could send it to me and I'd be happy to take it for you.

This discussion seems to have gotten out of hand and I take responsibility for that. Im going to shut up and give this the respect it deserves. Sorry.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:09 PM   #36
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

I just thought to check out the student paper. Found a pic of the bike. SV maybe?
http://www.thebatt.com/media/storage...-2732917.shtml

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:09 PM   #37
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Silver Taps will be the first Tuesday in March(March 6th i think).
I plan on riding up there, will probably be a few other bikes too.
Im not sure about sending something to the family though. Im sure if you sent it to the MSC or the Batt that they could get it to them. However,for those here in town, there is a drop box at the MSC that people can leave a note or letter in. Im going by there at somepoint and leaving something, if you want you could send it to me and I'd be happy to take it for you.

This discussion seems to have gotten out of hand and I take responsibility for that. Im going to shut up and give this the respect it deserves. Sorry.

k, ill pm it to you
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #38
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ARM1LEG
k, ill pm it to you
Ill print it out, put it in an envelope and drop it off for you, no problem.

Khaki shirt.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #39
Vandals
Scooter

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Quote:
I just thought to check out the student paper. Found a pic of the bike. SV maybe?
http://www.thebatt.com/media/storage...-2732917.shtml
yes, its an sv 650
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:18 PM   #40
Buck Nasty
-playboy-

Bike(s):

!
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement