Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

06 R6

Send a message via AIM to AznGoneNuts
cheap way to GPS TRACKING!

i just got this from houston-imports. im thinking about figuring a way to put this in my bike as in a cheap version of Low Jack. so i can do my own justice if anybody ever steals my bike.

Originally Posted by sigment
i wish i knew the best forum to drop this in....

This write up is intended to provide a simple solution to offer a cheap alternative to track your car, your girlfriend's car, whoever in the 's car you want and anything else you want to track.

What it will be:

a phone that when turned on and with the application running will offer realtime gps tracking, viewable on the phone itself or on the computer with internet access for the low-low price of about 50 bux initial + 20 cents a day!!! a 50$ 'boost' will last you almost a year!!!

motorola i415 phone (aka the cheap boost mobile phone) == 39.99$

data cable = 10$ - 40$ depending on where you buy it.

an account at == free!!!

software from == free (the most confusing website ever created, but i offer a simpler solution!!!)

4 year degree in computer science = approx 36,000$

and finally patience!

first- purchase your cheap i415 motorola phone and data cable (probably have to get the data cable fromt the nextel store) from bestbuy or walmart or flee market and set-up the phone WITH the data plan and internet service (this costs 20 cents a day. your phone should have came with a free 10$ card!)

second-goto and create a free account and download the current build of the 'candybar' client under the downloads tab.

third- if you are dumb or have no patience pm me and i will do the rest for a starbucks drink and 10 bux!!! AND IF YOU DO WANT ME TO DO IT- DO NOT BUY THE CABLE!!! SAVE YOU SOME $$$!!!

fourth- go to and read the whole thing!!! trust me!!! you will need to download alot of small files so store them all in the same place.

fifth- you will have to force install the iden drivers for the phone/cable that you got from

sixth- after a few hours of workin it and spittin on it you MAY get everything to load right... it was starting to seem kinda iffy to me but then it finally worked! and now i can do it with one eye closed and the other one squinted.

seventh- load the mologogo software from the 'candybar' zip to the phone using the webjal software you got from dirty harry's website.

eight- run the mologogo app from the phone after the transfer and use the login for your mologogo account on the phone when prompted and

ninth- VIOLA! enjoy gps tracking via the phone or by logging in to your mologogo account and checking out the location.

You can set the gps update from 1 time a minute to once every 60 minutes.

From my tests, it is accurate to within about 100 feet.

You can also veiw the last 100 points when online each point has a timestamp!

Phone can run, with full charge and program running for about 5 days.

Program can CRASH if an incoming call comes in so dont give out the number!!!

Program WILL CRASH when it runs out of memory, so dont load it up with junky ringtones.

Mine runs for about 2 to 3 days solid with updates every 5 mins!!!

I leave mine in each one of my cars and charge it while i am driving and when i park i pull it off charge and slide it under the seat.

It will work in some trunks and wont in others. It did work in my 97 integra and in my 98 civic hatch. and in the trunk of my s2k. and in the 95 civic coupe trunk and back seat. it doesnt work under some metal roofed buildings just like most gps systems.

check out the mologogo forums about tech support for any hiccups you have AFTER you load the program.

check out the harrythompson website for problems BEFORE you transfer the program to the phone.

Total build price:

if you do it: about 50-80 dollars
if you want my services: 40$ phone plus 10$ plus starbucks

all in all: it's pretty badass

regular map

satellite veiw

or you can choose the hybrid!
I believe many Harley guys spend more time revving their engines than actually driving anywhere; I sometimes wonder why they bother to have wheels on their motorcycles.
- Dave Barry
AznGoneNuts is offline   Reply With Quote