MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #21
Yorke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2003 CBR954RR
1979 KZ810 Cafe Racer
2001 Ducati 996s (RIP)

That's great news Brandt, I really enjoyed your ARC class at MSRH, and had hoped to take it at some other tracks this year. Look forward to the coming year, gonna be a great one.
Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SUPERMOTO Hill Country Clown Ride ***NEW DATE DEC 12-15 2013*** BYRDMAN Super Motards 262 02-15-2014 04:45 PM
Short Noob ride -9-15-2013-West Side grsa Events, Meets and Rides 12 09-15-2013 10:11 PM
MotoGP Austin 2013, 3 day pass for $185 (turn 15), is it a good deal? urbanXJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 02-27-2013 10:42 AM
TMGP 2013 race schedule obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 11 02-22-2013 10:44 AM
Confirmed MotoGp in Austin effective 2013 ileono918 Taking it to the Track 41 04-14-2011 12:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #22
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

The certified instruction would, it seems to me, be covered by an insurance policy, but track instruction, non-certified would be less likely to be covered...
so if you have a dedicated track bike it would not matter which instructor/org you went to, but if you ride a bike that is street legal and insured, you might not want a non-certified instructor/track org. something to think about now. maybe one of the legal guru's could check that out for us.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #23
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
The certified instruction would, it seems to me, be covered by an insurance policy, but track instruction, non-certified would be less likely to be covered...
so if you have a dedicated track bike it would not matter which instructor/org you went to, but if you ride a bike that is street legal and insured, you might not want a non-certified instructor/track org. something to think about now. maybe one of the legal guru's could check that out for us.
That's the way it sounds to me: if you want to lie to your insurance company and claim that you were taking a riding school, your odds of getting away with it are vastly improved if you attend a DPS-certified """school."""

For all the trackturd riders, you needn't worry about it, and can attend a non-certified trackday.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #24
exalted512
Slow^^^

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
Quote:
If your bike's lights are taped up and LP removed - it's not street legal. I wonder if that would hold up?

All this is bullshit either way. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself. Congrats Brandt - I know all this has been stressful for you.
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #25
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
That's the way it sounds to me: if you want to lie to your insurance company and claim that you were taking a riding school, your odds of getting away with it are vastly improved if you attend a DPS-certified """school."""

For all the trackturd riders, you needn't worry about it, and can attend a non-certified trackday.
Oh, that makes me feel so much better.

Real warm fuzzy feeling inside. So glad an agency is now looking after us and helping us out.

Yay for DPS certification!

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #26
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Oh, that makes me feel so much better.

Real warm fuzzy feeling inside. So glad an agency is now looking after us and helping us out.

Yay for DPS certification!
apparently DPS """certification""" is merely a driving record check too. Laughable, really.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #27
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
apparently DPS """certification""" is merely a driving record check too. Laughable, really.
Yeah, even more reason there is no need for it. It's not based on what the instructor can teach to make you safe. It's that they paid money and passed a background check. Yeah, really awesome for a school to have that under their belt.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #28
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

well, with the orignial intended purpose of that background check, it makes some sense... who wants someone who has a bad public safety record, teaching folks how to ride on the street...while not what i would want to happen has happened, at least it is now recognised that DPS does not deal with racing and racing instruction.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #29
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
...while not what i would want to happen has happened, at least it is now recognized that DPS does not deal with racing and racing instruction.
FTP..ugh...DPS
Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #30
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
well, with the orignial intended purpose of that background check, it makes some sense... who wants someone who has a bad public safety record, teaching folks how to ride on the street...while not what i would want to happen has happened, at least it is now recognised that DPS does not deal with racing and racing instruction.

I just think the bar is set really low. instead of "history of being a good rider" They've set it, simply, at "history of not being an idiot."

That being said, I got a reckless on my bike in OK about...oh...7 years ago. So I could never be a """"certified"""" instructor. So the DPS did one thing right!

CMRA #302

Advertisement