MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #21
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Man if it is your first bike hit up a year or 2 old Ninja 250, SV650, Ninja 650....

People telling you that you will get tired on a 250 is bullshit. Those bikes are bullet proof and run well for commuting to school and learning on. Most people cannot ride a 250 to its potential. I know plenty of people with years of experience still riding 250

Spend the cash on used one and you will get your money back when you get ready to sell it.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #22
KuroRazgriz
Suzuki4Life

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki SV650S SEGA Edition GP Shift :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte View Post
Welcome to the forum. For a first bike i recommend most people to start on a 500 or 650, you might get bored of the 250 to fast. Also buy used unless you can afford a new bike with all of the cash. You really dont want to spend more than 4,000 dollars on a first bike as you will drop it and it wont be as bad as dropping a 13+ thousand dollar bike. Also some might say go ahead and get a super sport but i would advise against that, the throttle on those are very sensitive and in a corner if you hit a bump you might jerk it down to fast (giggity) and could throw you off. Depending on how soon your going to be looking for a bike i might be selling my 06 GS500f pretty soon, its clean with only 10 thousand miles on it. This is my first bike that im currently learning on and im wanting bigger bike pretty soon. Welcome
LOL like I would start off with a supersport. Are parts usually available with your 500F i? Just curious in terms of maintnence. And just for kicks, how much would be selling your bike for? (if you want to sell it.)
KuroRazgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 AM   #23
mbeezy10
love . love people.

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Ducati Monster 695
yellow k8 gsxr 600
2007 cbr 600
2007 honda shadow aero 750
2001 cbr f4i

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroRazgriz View Post
Hello y'all just joined the forum. Lookin for a sportbike for a beginner somethin' not too fast or slow (new/used don't matter) Somethin' to comute on. If yall have any tips or advise in getting me my first bike, hit me up! Thanks!
these look great. I wish I could have had something like this when I first started

if those don't appeal to you and you want something a little more unique and different. I would consider getting a ducati monster 620 or 695
Old 01-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #24
vmax2005

Im new!

Just moved from Panama City florida to Houston. I look forward to riding and meeting everyone I can.
vmax2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #25
Donte
Im The Dreaded One

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GS500F

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroRazgriz View Post
LOL like I would start off with a supersport. Are parts usually available with your 500F i? Just curious in terms of maintnence. And just for kicks, how much would be selling your bike for? (if you want to sell it.)
For the most part, have not really looked at to many parts, i just change the fuel valve witch was expensive and can get every part from one website. So yeah parts are available with a some what high cost. If you want the same parts cheaper a lot of people part out these bikes on ebay. luckily have not needed to many parts. And Idk $2500, just had carbs professionally done and a new battery(have receipt) 2 months ago. Dont know if im going to be selling her though, i talked to my mom and she thinking about getting back into riding and really likes my bike so she might keep her. You will probably have a bike before she make up her mind.lol. I plan on getting a 650 soon.
Donte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #26
KuroRazgriz
Suzuki4Life

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlucas12 View Post
I ride my bike every day (rain and cold). It is my only vehicle so I always tell people get a bike that is comfortable!
Yeah I'm thinking bout doing the same thing for the time being. I wont be doing too much running around town anyways, so what would you recomend?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
tunaluna
Thread killer

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 sold
06 cbr F4i sold
04 gsx 600

Member Garage

I know there are some good gs500 for cheap right now! on CL..
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #28
KuroRazgriz
Suzuki4Life

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donte View Post
For the most part, have not really looked at to many parts, i just change the fuel valve witch was expensive and can get every part from one website. So yeah parts are available with a some what high cost. If you want the same parts cheaper a lot of people part out these bikes on ebay. luckily have not needed to many parts. And Idk $2500, just had carbs professionally done and a new battery(have receipt) 2 months ago. Dont know if im going to be selling her though, i talked to my mom and she thinking about getting back into riding and really likes my bike so she might keep her. You will probably have a bike before she make up her mind.lol. I plan on getting a 650 soon.
Sweet!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #29
KuroRazgriz
Suzuki4Life

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaluna View Post
I know there are some good gs500 for cheap right now! on CL..
Oh those are nice! Thanks for the heads up bra!

Advertisement