MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 03:44 AM   #101
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

IMHO...

If you set up a ride you are inviting others to come join you. It's your decision on who you choose to ride with or not.

A public group ride has enough unknowns and variables already. Someone that wants to ride impaired has NO place with a group, regardless of their personal views and thoughts as to how it may "enhance" their abilities.

Worse case they want to be all billy bad and act the fool, just say "never mind, sorry everyone else, but this drunk/high idiot has cancelled our ride for today", and head home.

There is always another day.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What would you have done in this situation? Kachoojoe General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 02-25-2012 01:24 AM
Hostage Situation at Chase Bank in Pearland (Hostage situation over now) NewRider Off Topic 47 01-01-2011 01:43 PM
got a situation need some help 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 53 01-10-2009 04:23 AM
To those who know my situation Phydeaux Off Topic 4 12-10-2008 03:33 PM
What should one do in this situation? level5 General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 09-29-2007 11:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #102
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Ok suppose you post a ride on here and a few people show up drunk / stoned. or you know the person is a dope head.
Of course i care about group safety.
So I politely tell them they are a danger to everyone on the ride. And they are not welcome to ride with us.
But they still insist on riding with the group ..because it was a ride posted on a public forum.
Then they come and stand in your face and say ...wtf are you going to do about it...

How would you guys handle this scenario.
What would be the Right thing to do.
What should I not do?
Do I need to post that stoners and drunks not welcome?

Or should I just stop posting rides because these bad people will keep doing this every time I post a ride.

Again this is just a scenario.
Don't judge me
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #103
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Cbr 600 black
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

I love this ship. It's so exciting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	64288  
Old 01-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #104
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

Exclude drunks.
Some people's motor skills are enhanced by ingesting cannabis. This is due to a side effect that increases the rate of synapse firing. Normally there would be a delay.

This is why cannabis users oftentimes "space out." The synapses don't stop and the user concentrates heavily on whatever they may be thinking about as everything else becomes irrelevant. This state of mind is often described by atheletes as being "in the zone."

At least that's what I've read.

Until I'm parking in an ally just hoping that my is safe.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #105
bc6140

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 gsxr 600

Member Garage

Indica use creates a “couch-lock”, I-don’t-want-to-move-a-muscle type high. Using indica is a great choice for those nights indoors watching TV, playing video games, or just chilling with close companions. The indica high numbs the body down and induces an overall sense of relaxation, which is ideal for a relaxing night’s sleep.

Sativa use produces more of a mental, cereberal high, which often results in a boost in energy and imagination. Sativa strains are perfect when working creatively in activities such as writing, painting, and brainstorming new ideas. Sativas are also a great choice for enhancing the experience at artistic events like movies and concerts.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #106
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc6140 View Post
Indica use creates a “couch-lock”, I-don’t-want-to-move-a-muscle type high. Using indica is a great choice for those nights indoors watching TV, playing video games, or just chilling with close companions. The indica high numbs the body down and induces an overall sense of relaxation, which is ideal for a relaxing night’s sleep.

Sativa use produces more of a mental, cereberal high, which often results in a boost in energy and imagination. Sativa strains are perfect when working creatively in activities such as writing, painting, and brainstorming new ideas. Sativas are also a great choice for enhancing the experience at artistic events like movies and concerts.

Yes, but neither strain should be used to ride a motorcycle.
I am all about those things at home but not at high speeds where you rely on split second decisions to be made.

Motorcycle: Sober, safe, adrenaline high (if thats safe)
Home: turn on the grill, pop a top, and smoke if you like and chill
Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #107
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc6140 View Post

All those years of being baked out of my mind...never even heard of Sativa and Indica. Are you guys like advanced medical professional potheads these days? Doesn't anyone just smoke mexican red hair mid-ride anymore?

My thought is...if asked to leave a ride organized by someone else, the offending rider should just leave. Unless he is a paying participant. If his way of doing it is that much better, others will follow him.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #108
Fastola
Banned

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street

User is banned

Old 01-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #109
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

This is a repost. Nike says "just do it".

Mods this thread is done .. Please lock. Thanks
Closed Thread

Advertisement