Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #41
Fastola
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,005

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street






User is banned

.
Fastola is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What would you have done in this situation? Kachoojoe General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 02-25-2012 01:24 AM
Hostage Situation at Chase Bank in Pearland (Hostage situation over now) NewRider Off Topic 47 01-01-2011 01:43 PM
got a situation need some help 06fairedfz1 Off Topic 53 01-10-2009 04:23 AM
To those who know my situation Phydeaux Off Topic 4 12-10-2008 03:33 PM
What should one do in this situation? level5 General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 09-29-2007 11:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #42
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,722

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastola View Post
Thats some good assuming there bro.



1. Cause i can.

2. I did smoke before and after. No, whats disrespectful about smokn a joint? Cause most ppl have closed minds?
Not sure if you're trolling or an idiot, but my first guess is idiot.

What's disrespectful is that it's illegal. If it was in private, that's one thing, but in public, with people you don't know,that's pretty stupid.

FYI, I use to smoke A LOT! Then I grew up.
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is online now  
Old 01-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #43
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






I drink. Sometimes I drink too much. I DO NOT drink and RIDE.

You want to smoke, join all my friends that do; I'm cool with that. Show up stoned to ride with me and you are NOT going to ride in "our" group. If you don't comply, I'll take your keys and toss them far enough away, you'll be looking for them long after we ride off.

Riding, especially in a group under the influence makes you an ignorant, dangerous person.


Jim, stick to your guns on that; if you know someone is impaired, and you say nothing, you are just as guilty if that idiot cause harm to another individual.

Yes, I know many example of guys that get stoned BEFORE races. I don't care.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #44
ninenine
cmra expert
 
ninenine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike








Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
He tried to show up drunk to another one of your rides? Thought he didn't have a street legal bike.
Im assuming your talking about me Trish

Let me clear this up since you feel the need to question it.

I went out on a Saturday night had some drinks and woke up the next morning and did a ride that Jimmy had posted. Was I drunk? NO. Was I a little tired? Yes. Did I ride like a jackass? NO. Not saying what I did was RIGHT, However I never did anything that endangered someone on the ride or any other ride I have organized or ridden.

This happened over a year ago. Do I ride the street anymore? NO.

Just clearing things up
__________________
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #45
xBLOCKBLEEDAx
Member
 
xBLOCKBLEEDAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 60

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51rider View Post
FYI, I use to smoke A LOT! Then I grew up.
I'm not on anyone's side on this, because I don't know any of you, but I am offended by that statement.

What is juvenile about smoking weed that makes, let's say drinking, a mature thing to do? Is it because it is illegal? I know of many medical benefits but none from alcohol. And unless you don't drink at all, I'm sure you have a taste now and then.

I don't smoke weed any more myself for my own reasons, but I don't look down on any one that does either.

This is not a post to argue, just a thought.
xBLOCKBLEEDAx is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #46
Truckin_Thumper
Senior Member
 
Truckin_Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,054

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together








didn't read all three pages, BUT.....I know MANY riders who are unfuckingbelievably more smooth when they toke a joint along the ride. Weed, unlike booze is an enhancer drug.

If people roll up and roll up, no are given.
If they roll up and twist the cap off a bottle, well.....that is asking for me to go the opposite way
Truckin_Thumper is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #47
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Don't come to my ride, if you are:

stoned, drunk, hung-over, heavily medicated , mentally unstable to make rational decisions. You have ego problems ( want to show people you are the fastest ). Pass people in corners. Pick fights with others. Have a stolen bike. Bike us unsafe to ride. Don't have minimum gear.

The rides that I post, are to invite new people to ride with us. We try to keep it safe for everyone. Our mission is to have fun and come home safe.

The private rides that SDRC, does only on invite bases is for a reason. We know each others riding style. We all can keep a similar pace. We enjoy each others company and trust each others judgement.

We don't have the same political views or religion or beliefs. But we do care about safety by giving our riders enough space. Riding coherent. Riding within our limits.
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #48
Fastola
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,005

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street






User is banned

.
Fastola is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #49
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,722

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by xBLOCKBLEEDAx View Post
I'm not on anyone's side on this, because I don't know any of you, but I am offended by that statement.

What is juvenile about smoking weed that makes, let's say drinking, a mature thing to do? Is it because it is illegal? I know of many medical benefits but none from alcohol. And unless you don't drink at all, I'm sure you have a taste now and then.

I don't smoke weed any more myself for my own reasons, but I don't look down on any one that does either.

This is not a post to argue, just a thought.
I'm not looking down on anyone. I didn't say anything about drinking.

The fact is that weed is illegal, drinking is not. Drugs and alcohol aren't going to get you anywhere, I'm living proof of that.
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is online now  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #50
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastola View Post
Im a idiot, moron.. Whatever you wanna call it. I dont need other peoples approval to live my life. I live exactly how i want to live. Not how the govt. Wants me to live. They can suck my lil wee wee.

I'll get drunk and do 165 on wet roads. If you dont like it, oh well. I have fun.
I hope I don't have to read your rip thread, and I hope you make better choices in your life.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #51
Truckin_Thumper
Senior Member
 
Truckin_Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,054

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together








Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
stoned, drunk, hung-over, heavily medicated , mentally unstable to make rational decisions. You have ego problems ( want to show people you are the fastest ). Pass people in corners. Pick fights with others. Have a stolen bike. Bike us unsafe to ride. Don't have minimum gear.

The rides that I post, are to invite new people to ride with us. We try to keep it safe for everyone. Our mission is to have fun and come home safe.

The private rides that SDRC, does only on invite bases is for a reason. We know each others riding style. We all can keep a similar pace. We enjoy each others company and trust each others judgement.

We don't have the same political views or religion or beliefs. But we do care about safety by giving our riders enough space. Riding coherent. Riding within our limits.
you mean like some of the riders here doing wheelies, doing well over 100, passing on a double yellow, rolling stop signs, blocking intersections? (yeah I am guilty of it, except the intersection thing).

I am not buying what you are selling.

Sounds like you have "selective" safety standards...
Truckin_Thumper is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #52
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by 392 View Post
Im assuming your talking about me Trish

Let me clear this up since you feel the need to question it.

I went out on a Saturday night had some drinks and woke up the next morning and did a ride that Jimmy had posted. Was I drunk? NO. Was I a little tired? Yes. Did I ride like a jackass? NO. Not saying what I did was RIGHT, However I never did anything that endangered someone on the ride or any other ride I have organized or ridden.

This happened over a year ago. Do I ride the street anymore? NO.

Just clearing things up
Yes! It was u. I didn't even know it till later. Someone said u posted About being up all night parting. I am glad nothing happened during the ride. Glad to see you doing well.
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #53
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
you mean like some of the riders here doing wheelies, doing well over 100, passing on a double yellow, rolling stop signs, blocking intersections? (yeah I am guilty of it, except the intersection thing).

I am not buying what you are selling.

Sounds like you have "selective" safety standards...
Which ride were you on? Was it also a BORC ride? I block intersections for your safety to roll out of the meet spot. Most cagers understand this, and I waive thank you to them. They always waive back.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #54
ninenine
cmra expert
 
ninenine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike








Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Yes! It was u. I didn't even know it till later. Someone said u posted About being up all night parting. I am glad nothing happened during the ride. Glad to see you doing well.
Was I drunk on your ride Jimmy? No.

So don't make it seem like I was.
__________________
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #55
xBLOCKBLEEDAx
Member
 
xBLOCKBLEEDAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 60

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6









Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51rider View Post
I'm not looking down on anyone. I didn't say anything about drinking.

The fact is that weed is illegal, drinking is not. Drugs and alcohol aren't going to get you anywhere, I'm living proof of that.
Yes, too much of any thing can make you end up in a bad situation.

I'm living proof after 15yr of smoking EVERYDAY and in this time frame I was able to go from waiting tables to running an IT department, that it doesn't have to be your down fall. J/S
xBLOCKBLEEDAx is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #56
Fastola
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,005

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street






User is banned

.
Fastola is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #57
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
I drink. Sometimes I drink too much. I DO NOT drink and RIDE.

You want to smoke, join all my friends that do; I'm cool with that. Show up stoned to ride with me and you are NOT going to ride in "our" group. If you don't comply, I'll take your keys and toss them far enough away, you'll be looking for them long after we ride off.

Riding, especially in a group under the influence makes you an ignorant, dangerous person.


Jim, stick to your guns on that; if you know someone is impaired, and you say nothing, you are just as guilty if that idiot cause harm to another individual.

Yes, I know many example of guys that get stoned BEFORE races. I don't care.
Thanks! I have been on a few rides with you guys and like how well organized everything was. I learnt a lot from the group. Trust me it won't happen again.
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #58
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,368

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






I had a hard head follow us on a ride, saying "it's a free country".
When we stopped at the light at Dobbin Huffsmith? and 1488 I took the key out of his ignition and threw it in the field. Needless to say, he didn't follow us anymore.
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!


muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #59
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,722

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by xBLOCKBLEEDAx View Post
Yes, too much of any thing can make you end up in a bad situation.

I'm living proof after 15yr of smoking EVERYDAY and in this time frame I was able to go from waiting tables to running an IT department, that it doesn't have to be your down fall. J/S
Do you spark up on rides with strangers? I bet you're a little more respectful than that. (I hope)
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is online now  
Old 01-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #60
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
you mean like some of the riders here doing wheelies, doing well over 100, passing on a double yellow, rolling stop signs, blocking intersections? (yeah I am guilty of it, except the intersection thing).

I am not buying what you are selling.

Sounds like you have "selective" safety standards...
Yes , I have selective safety standards. And I am not selling anything. My friend sells weed though. It's safe. That's what he said.
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy