Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

Wink new friend, bikes, wives, etc..

I had lunch with a consulting geophysical group today. The manager just transferred back from Singapore. GRSA's mention of wife's reaction to his beautiful new blue Triumph made me grin. The new friend used to ride bikes before getting married and when he saw my office wall decorated with Ninjas, BSA's, vintage Bonnies and me on the Guzzi he lit up like a beacon.

So, after technical talk, he gushed about bikes, and I told him my story of finally 2 years ago getting my M rating and bringing the yellow EX 500 home, prepping my wife, but giving her no notice: yep, put it on the credit card, delivery in a few days. His response: chi*...that took , I could never do that...and on and on. His current excuse: small children. Yep, been there done that, etc.

So, I may set the hook: hey where did you buy a house...uh huh...hmm, would you like to see my Guzzi in the flesh...oh really...well...we will pick a Saturday and I will swanning by, and maybe we could lunch at the toy store... you say you had a Gixxer...uh huh.

Wives and bikes, what a concept. One of my regrets in life is not getting back on a bike 20 years ago instead of 2 years ago. I am thinking about a second bike. My initial tactic with Mrs. Lucydad: gee dear, I have been thinking about a used Porsche 911, but another bike is a lot cheaper, I could save 30 grand, and "it was on sale". I hear this stuff constantly with endless dress, shoe, handbag, jewelry, furniture, you name it female stuff.

Big Boys gotta have their toys.

At that, I hope tomorrow dry so I can go for a swan about and maybe check out a V-strom in the flesh down the freeway a bit.

You go Glen!!

The Durango Kid
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly...
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote