Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
kevintx88
too slow too furious

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
05 gsxr600 20th anniversary edition

wisdom teeth

Jesus H Christ... Why did create such a horrible thing. Ok So long story short, my wisdom teeth have taken FOREVER to grow in to the point where they can be removed. Even the dentist laughed and said "Wow your wisdom teeth are about 3 or 4 years late."

Ok ok, so we all know they suck, but I had an appointment to get surgery plans done in February. And then most likely surgery/extraction in March. Well my wisdom tooth on the left side of my mouth decided "oh no no no, I'm going to be a little and crack in half and decide to get infected and abscess on you."

because I have a super high pain tolorence and its hard to see the condition of your wisdom teeth under normal lighting. The tooth cracked and nerve exposed with pretty much no pain or at least none out of what I already felt by it just being a tooth under pressure. This was a no pain event untill the gums and root area decided to get infected.

Fast forward to 2 days ago and I noticed ungodly amount of pain at my wisdom tooth plus the one in front and well, a nice little pocket of puss developing around the area. Cool, goto dentist in the next day or so and get some antibiotics and the area drained if needed. Nope, it got so bad in the course of 24hrs that I had to goto the ER. Get an Anti-biotic shot,Anti-inflammatory shot for pain. Now I'm on a super anti-biotic called Clindamycin that requires at least 8 oz of liquid and a meal at the same time you take it and recommends taking probiotic supplements or eating live culture yogurts(these with some strawberries are actually really yummy).

I called my dentist about 10 mins ago. He said after day 5 of the antibiotics to come in and they will take X-rays and stuff and remove the tooth in the next week or 2. He said they can not remove the tooth with the infection in full bloom cause of risk of the toxins seeping into my blood or intestinal tract which can be fatal.

I think the point of this thread is to provide some laughter, and some serious first hand experience, for those who ever have teeth problems its no laughing matter and as you can see it went from being a problem that needed to be looked at soon, to being a very serious I have to goto the ER or I will die problem in 2 days time. Which was amazing how aggresive the infection was.

, at least I got vicodin. And I got permission to take it every 4-6 hours as needed and if I wanted to take 2 instead of 1 as my nightime dose that it was ok. Also got permission to take 4 motrin at a time(equals to 800mg which is prescription strength) every 6hours.

Sorry for the wall of text, Just needed to and moan abit about this BS. Plus I'm on drugs so rambling is fun.
kevintx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gixxers dusanmandic How To's and Q & A's 15 02-17-2009 10:46 PM
Wisdom Teeth Gixxer-Joy Off Topic 35 10-24-2008 04:08 PM
wisdom teeth hondarider77 Off Topic 30 08-16-2008 05:22 AM
goddamnit, my wisdom teeth get taken out on tuesday scrapp Off Topic 30 12-14-2006 12:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
TheVirus
Original OG

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2009 *Secret*

I never grew wisdom teeth. How lucky I am. Must have too much Wisdom as it is.

So you can't say " we all know"
Old 01-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Its a pretty common problem that you are experiencing
Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

My wisdom teeth never grew in either; but wife had her bottom 2 pulled last year and it was pretty routine! I was in the room with her while she was getting them pulled. You can actually here a cracking sound when the dentist pulled them out with a pair of pliers! It was pretty gnarly. I hate the term, "routine surgery" because any surgery can go wrong. Case in point. Just follow the doctor's instructions to a T!
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

I need to get mine pulled. I've been procrastinating for about a year so far. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Mine was infected when they took them out but I didnt realize it was pain from infection I just thought it was the tooth. It exploded when the Doctor took the one that was infected out. Just had to be on antibiotics and nasty old vicoden. I was back to work in two days.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
kevintx88
too slow too furious

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
05 gsxr600 20th anniversary edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
I need to get mine pulled. I've been procrastinating for about a year so far. lol
I'm goiing to tell you now. Dont . I was doing the same thing, and i regret it now.
kevintx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintx88 View Post
I'm goiing to tell you now. Dont . I was doing the same thing, and i regret it now.
Get those things yanked out.
Miserable for a day, gotta clean the sockets for a week or two.

No pain since, 3 years later...
Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #9
TheVirus
Original OG

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2009 *Secret*

When my step father was in the military i got two molar teeth pulled with no numbing agent what so ever when I was 7 years old with some Crude teeth pliers. I now HATE dentists.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Yeah get it done. Schedule the surgery on a Friday morning and you have all weekend to recover. Noboday wants to visit the dentist! , reminds me, I have to get my gums scraped!
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

Ahh...I remember my going thru the same incident. Had a face that looked like Lurch from the munsters, for 3 weeks before they removed it. lol
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Vicodin is wimpy . I wish I could remember the pain killer they gave me for my mouth last year (swollen to the point where it was closing my airway). The pill was half pain killer, hald anti-addiction med. Everytime I took one and closed my eyes, I would hallucinate (play movies on the back of my eyelids). Freaky, but there was NO pain!!

edit: found it..

Fentanyl!

Riding the back roads of heaven.

Last edited by gtdrivr; 01-10-2013 at 10:46 AM.
gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #13
brian1570
Incognito

Bike(s):
07 Dynasaur
09 GSXR600(sold)
06 CBR600RR(wrecked)
04 Buell lightning(sold)
08 nightster(sold)

wow wall of text, cliff notes?

my wisdom teeth got pulled in boot camp. had to carry around a spit cup for two days to spit all the blood out. they gave me vic's but i didn't take them while i was hurting. i waited until the rifle range and the endless hours of snapping in. vicodin FTW.
brian1570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1570 View Post
wow wall of text, cliff notes?

my wisdom teeth got pulled in boot camp. had to carry around a spit cup for two days to spit all the blood out. they gave me vic's but i didn't take them while i was hurting. i waited until the rifle range and the endless hours of snapping in. vicodin FTW.
2 of mine were pulled in basic. I also had one root canal in there. I had to hump 3 miles in from the field, have them yanked, and hump back to my unit. Blood everywhere. Oh, the root canal lasted a year before cracking and being pulled. Great dental care in there!

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #15
white_335i

Bike(s):
2012 RC8R

I had mine extracted couple years ago and they had to do more than a 'routine' surgery to pull mine. They had also pulled bunch of extra teeth too. It was a nightmare.

Advertisement