MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 04:45 PM   #21
baliqsR1
blueR1

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 K4(FOR SALE), SV650 (track), Honda CR250R

Send a message via AIM to baliqsR1 Send a message via MSN to baliqsR1 Send a message via Yahoo to baliqsR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
it looks like a grayhound doggy

lmao:laughing6
baliqsR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motogp v wsbk bikes Grinchy Taking it to the Track 5 02-08-2011 02:03 PM
MotoGP Bikes at Target lump9 General Discussion (Moto Related) 73 02-23-2009 11:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #22
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
it was kind of his idea or the main one that started it. there is someone else who claims to have told billy about their similar plan and started some huge feud or controversy over the rights.

imo, those bikes dont look like motoGP concepts. too many working parts that would slow down the bike and affect the geometry. motorcycle concepts, yeah.

yeah, I haven't looked back at the article, but I think it said they were the artists rendition of what the premiere roadracing bikes would look like in 20 years. I just figured that if these are supposed to be premiere models of prototypical roadracing bikes from 20 yrs down the line, then they would probably be designed for the premiere prototype roadracing category, ie. the GP class. That said, they are obviously not designed by the designers who will likely be designing for the big factories that race on the GP level.

They obviously can't be called MotoGPprototypes, as they don't even have engines. I just meant to show some artists' rendering of what they think the bikes will look like at the top level in 20 years.
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #23
Monkeylawyer

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CB 919

I wonder if the lack of rotating hubs will negatively affect the stability, i.e., less gyroscopic effect. May make the bike feel really twitchy.
Monkeylawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #24
Monkeylawyer

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CB 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown
yeah, I haven't looked back at the article, but I think it said they were the artists rendition of what the premiere roadracing bikes would look like in 20 years.
It's actually 13 design students' conception. So they may have never even been on a bike. Also, they really focused more on just making a motorcycle look "futuristic" and "updating the seating ergonomics," so they didn't really design the motorcycle. The article doesn't even say that the bike can roll on its own (so it may just be sculpture really).
Monkeylawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #25
Speed4Rider

Member Garage

Any motorcycle prototypes are welcome in my book.
Speed4Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #26
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Several years ago somebody did that hubless wheel thing. It was a concept/show bike. It would move under it's own power but the rims were actually modified bearing races. Thats how the hubless thing works.
The rim is a big bearing race and the suspension is attached to a sort of carrier that rides on it. The problem is that when there are loads applied such as cornering or speed the race/rim deforms because there are no spokes or hub to support it.
It looks cool but doesn't work very well. Thats why the aftermarket doesnt offer retro fit kits for all the form over function folks.
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #27
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement