MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Would you pay $10 to access MotoChat and Off Topic....
Yes, Great Idea I'd love to contribute and have freedom. 6 12.24%
No, I am perfectly happy without those sections, its a motosite not a chat room. 32 65.31%
No, I still want to be able to see them but I'm not willing to pay for it. 11 22.45%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #81
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

I think the current setup is fine as long as the chatting stays in the chat sections. We are all bad at getting off topic when we could just start a new chat thread or send someone a PM.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
who do you have and what do you pay? zikaprevail Moto Insurance 28 07-09-2015 08:28 PM
unemplyment pay vs low pay RACER X Off Topic 53 11-21-2009 04:32 PM
Pay Czar cuts pay by 90% FKNA The Circus 27 10-23-2009 10:29 AM
How much would you pay for... bhk1105 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-24-2009 07:36 PM
how much would you pay?????????????????? stunterdude How To's and Q & A's 11 10-12-2008 09:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #82
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
there is no need to isolate it to "stunt" because im sure 1/2 the people that would chat in there dont really care about stunting , but would kill some time chatting in the chat

i think the reason everyone is talking about stunt this and stunt that is because that is what those people like ... but me for example i dont mind reading or hearing about track stuff even though i never go out there . same with dirt
Old 02-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #83
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
please do everyone vote "No, I am perfectly happy without those sections, its a motosite not a chat room." and i'm sure that both sections will disappear for you so that you can have your all motosite...
promises promises...

all these $10 dollar donations, i'm sure somebody could create www.whoreituphouston.com :notworthy

chris calls the shots clayton... i was just trying to show you sites that don't have problems with postwhoring... stop overreacting...
Old 02-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #84
ownage
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

Old 02-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #85
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

everyone probably needs to just input ideas and let chris decide on what he wants todo
Old 02-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #86
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
This is my take....

The main reason we have such useless postwhoring here compared to other forums is because its local.... everyone knows each other. So while posting away in "what was a decent post", somebody ask an off topic question that leads to more off topic responses that leads to a pointelss chatted up thread. Now the problem with that is, it's usually the same people who do it in every thread. Then those are the same people who cry when they get banned or tend to think we are because we want this to be a track forum only.

Why the heck would i want to read a post about stunt/track threads in the off topic section? So you looped it or are scrapping 12's.... who cares.. take it to the stunters forum. Then there are those few who think they can beat the postwhore police by posting what they think are serious questions but know deep down inside that they are sarcastic and will end in nothing but heated drama between others.

It gets annoying logging on and opening up a thread that is nothing more than personal conversations. And now we have family members joining up just to keep in contact with others? Thats why phones were created... Reach out and freakin touch someone... Off Topic is a really great section to talk about NON MOTO RELATED STUFF and share each others point of views on... and not talk about "hey come over and make me dinner".

I just really wish some of the mods would take into consideration on zero tolerance for postwhoring on anything that really isnt post related or has nothing to do with the original poster. Lets clean this place up a bit... Spring cleaning is right around the corner and no better time to start like now.

I personally would give $50 to that chat thing if members of the site would agree on not hijacking threads with conversations and using the chat to do what they needed to do.

This post was not edited so sorry if some things dont make sense.

Last edited by Los; 02-19-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #87
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
This is my take....

The main reason we have such useless postwhoring here compared to other forums is because its local.... everyone knows each other. So while posting away in "what was decent post", somebody ask an off topic question that leads to more off topic responses that leads to a pointelss chatted up thread. Now the problem with that is, it's usually the same people who do it in every thread. Then those are the same people who cry when they get banned or tend to think we are because we want this to be a track forum only.

Why the heck would i want to read a post about stunt/track threads in the off topic section? So you looped it or are scrapping 12's.... who cares.. take it to the stunters forum. Then there are those few who think they can beat the postwhore police by posting what they think are serious questions but know deep down inside that they are sarcastic and will end in nothing but heated drama between others.

It gets annoying logging on and opening up a thread that is nothing more than personal conversations. And now we have family members joining up just to keep in contact with others? Thats why phones were created... Reach out and freakin touch someone... Off Topic is a really great section to talk about NON MOTO RELATED STUFF and share each others point of views on... and not talk about "hey come over and make me dinner".

I just really wish some of the mods would take into consideration on zero tolerance for postwhoring on anything that really is post related or has nothing to do with the original poster. Lets clean this place up a bit... Spring cleaning is right around the corner and no better time to start like now.

I personally would give $50 to that chat thing if members of the site would agree on not hijacking threads with conversations and using the chat to do what they needed to do.

This post was not edited so sorry if some things dont make sense.
Very well put!

Old 02-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #88
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

That bout sums it up.

Ok Chris we got 90 bux pledged, how bout the chat add on now. Gimme a pay pal addy.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #89
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 02-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #90
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

I like the off topic stuff. Let's just keep it where it belongs.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:56 PM   #91
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
ya ya this coming from one of the ex biggest post wh0res...practice what you preach...your idea's i get and could stand behind...it's just weird comin from you
And you are super correct on that... so why do you think I've stopped? Do I still postwhore to the extreme? I think not... Now that I see my past actions taking place in front of me now, I feel ashamed of my childish acts back then.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #92
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 02-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #93
Los
Gang Member

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
i hear ya man...it's just weird coming from the og los thats cool in my books though
werd my brotha

Now lets get that chat client for MH and we'll be set.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #94
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

I've got the final $10 right here. postwhoring was fun last year when fuknrobert was top poster and we all knew each other. now there are so many new faces joining daily, and FAR MORE just reading threads deciding if they want to join or not, we should welcome them in not scare them away. I'm all about keeping threads on topic and up to date. This threadwhoring has gotten waaaay out of control.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #95
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 02-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #96
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
And you are super correct on that... so why do you think I've stopped? Do I still postwhore to the extreme? I think not... Now that I see my past actions taking place in front of me now, I feel ashamed of my childish acts back then.
lol los ur gay... hahaha all the og postwhores hardly ever post anymore
Old 02-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #97
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
I think the current setup is fine as long as the chatting stays in the chat sections. We are all bad at getting off topic when we could just start a new chat thread or send someone a PM.
even with chat in chat sections you get your thread closed because of too much chat... :confused1
Old 02-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #98
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

i want my chat client by wed chris ... lemme know where to paypal the money
Old 02-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #99
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los

word.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #100
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

and another note for those that are still keeping up with it..

this only pertains to the chat and off topic..

those that posted about staying on topic and also included your .02 about stunting and track stuff.. your off topic!
Closed Thread

Advertisement