MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Would you pay $10 to access MotoChat and Off Topic....
Yes, Great Idea I'd love to contribute and have freedom. 6 12.24%
No, I am perfectly happy without those sections, its a motosite not a chat room. 32 65.31%
No, I still want to be able to see them but I'm not willing to pay for it. 11 22.45%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #21
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Mebbe....I mean I would like to....but wouldnt know where to start and how much it would cost yearly...:dontknow:

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
who do you have and what do you pay? zikaprevail Moto Insurance 28 07-09-2015 08:28 PM
unemplyment pay vs low pay RACER X Off Topic 53 11-21-2009 04:32 PM
Pay Czar cuts pay by 90% FKNA The Circus 27 10-23-2009 10:29 AM
How much would you pay for... bhk1105 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-24-2009 07:36 PM
how much would you pay?????????????????? stunterdude How To's and Q & A's 11 10-12-2008 09:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #22
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Honestly, I can understand about "some" of the postwhoring, but where else in Houston can you find a forum for local stunters? Surely not SL....that's worldwide.....:dontknow:

there is a forum....... its the stunt section..... but its not meant as a 12yr old mentality playhouse.....
Old 02-19-2007, 01:11 PM   #23
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

I see ya point chris.....I really do. But lately here, it just seems like this is more of a trackhead forum and the "stunter's lounge" is like the step-child..........with respect's to you chris....

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:14 PM   #24
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010
this site is becoming useless with all the whoring, i am losing interest with the site too much drama here. people need to grow up and bring the drama to myspace or some gay like that like that. why dont you take that $10 from each person and start up your own site. chris has put his own time and money into this site and people like to take advantage of that. grow the **** up and make the site what it used to be.

I totally agree. I use this site mainly for keeping up with local events and trackdays. But I certainly haven't found it to be useful as far as technical information and user reviews. I don't think I've ever used the search function, which is sad. I would love to see this site become more like BARF with some halfway educated posts.

I mean c'mon have you ever seen anyone post a how-to on changing your own tires, or synching carbs, maybe a PCIII install. I started to create one, but gave up because I knew it would be a waste of time.

An mIRC chatroom wouldn't be a bad idea, but I think some of the kiddys here are too young to remember IRC chat. Plus thats free.

Last edited by andre3k; 02-19-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #25
Gigolo Jason

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
I've yet to see a successful forum without a thriving off-topic section.
Corrected and

+infinity

Old 02-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #26
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 02-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #27
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
I see ya point chris.....I really do. But lately here, it just seems like this is more of a trackhead forum and the "stunter's lounge" is like the step-child..........with respect's to you chris....
that's how you fools see yourselves, not how we see you. I would like to think i'm a jack of all trades(master of none ), and i classify myself as a "motorcyclist". Certain people on here (and you know who you are) bask in the glory of being called a stunter/racer/poser, i believe the rest of us(probably 85%) enjoy simply being motorcyclists. If someone doesn't want to be treated as a " step child", they should grow up and quit acting like one.:icon_bigg BTW, that was not directed at you Del, just speaking in general.

Last edited by jetcycles; 02-19-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #28
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Honestly, I can understand about "some" of the postwhoring, but where else in Houston can you find a forum for local stunters? Surely not SL....that's worldwide.....:dontknow:
honestly, i agree with del. im not going to drive all the way to houston everytime i want to chat it up with other people who share my interests. I'll create a thread or two every month asking legit questions or arranging group rides, but aside from that MH also helps me connect with other riders (it just happens to be mainly through the MH chat section). I live in the middle of BFE in a college town and there really arent that many people around these parts that I can just sit around with and bullshit. Really, we shouldn't have to pay ANY money just to talk to our friends, and we're not breaking any rules so why should our threads be closed? Who cares if the chat section is whored out....that's what it's there for....after all, it is a "chat" section. I think that as long as the off-topic junk is kept out of the moto-related threads we should be allowed to post all we want in the chat area as long as it keeps to the main MH rules. just my two cents!
Old 02-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #29
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 02-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #30
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

All i'm saying is that this forum is startin to sound more and more like a trackhead forum than a trackhead/stunter forum......:dontknow:

If you really do want this to be mostly track realted topics....then that's cool with me. I wont post up here anymore. And that's not cause I dont like it chris. Please dont get me wrong. I do like it here on MH, but I dont want to have to go through the BS of other trackheads raggin on us when we talk about stupid stuff that's stunt-related, that happened that day or the other day.....:dontknow:

Old 02-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #31
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del

can you explain a lil more? how is this a trackhead forum? All I see posting is stunters and such....
Old 02-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #32
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
I totally agree. I use this site mainly for keeping up with local events and trackdays. But I certainly haven't found it to be useful as far as technical information and user reviews. I don't think I've ever used the search function, which is sad. I would love to see this site become more like BARF with some halfway educated posts.

I mean c'mon have you ever seen anyone post a how-to on changing your own tires, or synching carbs, maybe a PCIII install. I started to create one, but gave up because I knew it would be a waste of time.

An mIRC chatroom wouldn't be a bad idea, but I think some of the kiddys here are too young to remember IRC chat. Plus thats free.
this is how Id like to see things flow.....
Old 02-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #33
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
Unlimited access to the motochat and off topic pics and video sections?

Pay $10 and Never have to worry about mods moving/closing/editing your posts or threads as long as they dont break any rules (No , No Racism, No Threats, yall know the rules)
I don't have to worry about this now - and it's free. I was under the impression that was what the 'chat' forum was for.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #34
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
I don't have to worry about this now - and it's free. I was under the impression that was what the 'chat' forum was for.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #35
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
All i'm saying is that this forum is startin to sound more and more like a trackhead forum than a trackhead/stunter forum......:dontknow:

If you really do want this to be mostly track realted topics....then that's cool with me. I wont post up here anymore. And that's not cause I dont like it chris. Please dont get me wrong. I do like it here on MH, but I dont want to have to go through the BS of other trackheads raggin on us when we talk about stupid stuff that's stunt-related, that happened that day or the other day.....:dontknow:

in no way or fashion should a track guy flame on you for stunting... as long as you are talkuing about it in the STUNT SECTION... I dont know what heppend the other day, but please pm me about it. I dont want it to be a mostly TRACK forum...I want it to be about EVERY aspect of motorcycling.. why dont people understand this?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #36
Prodigy

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

This is the only forum I am proud to say im a member of. Becuase stunters can interact with racers and vice versa. I think it keeps people envolved in the local bike scene regardless of there riding preference and experience level. I never felt banished becuase of being a stunter ,maybe im old school, and know most of the people here that havent left yet becuase of the "drama" and post whoring.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #37
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #38
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #39
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
in no way or fashion should a track guy flame on you for stunting... as long as you are talkuing about it in the STUNT SECTION... I dont know what heppend the other day, but please pm me about it. I dont want it to be a mostly TRACK forum...I want it to be about EVERY aspect of motorcycling.. why dont people understand this?

No, no, no chris.......i'm not sayin that someone flamed on us the other day. I mean, that when the mod's tell us to not talk about stuff like that in the stunters section cause it show's up on the main page, and we move it to the MH chat section, so it doesn't, and it end's up gettin deleted, locked, etc. etc. cause they say were just whorin up the forum......:dontknow:

Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #40
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

I really dont care WHAT you use it chat for......as long as you dont cause drama, inflict drama, or INSTIGATE drama, make physical threats, make racists remarks, post up pictures of nudity(you can however post links, and feel VERY free to pm me all the pics and vids ) But remember, this is a motorcycle website, try to use it MAINLY for that. Make an effort to contribute to the general section.... become a part of MH not just a user.

Advertisement