MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #21
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD#270 View Post
Karma is a . In the long run, whatever shop it is won't make it. It should definately be reported, insurance fraud is illegal. I worked for an independent shop for a short period time. They were doing an insurance job on a CBR 600. The owner was buying used Ebay parts instead of new OEM for the repair. This kind of stuff happens.
Agreed on the karma and thats kind of why i just feel like saying it. In the end i had zero out of pocket, but it sure wasnt an easy road.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Insurance Fraud.... dbuck General Discussion (Moto Related) 97 01-26-2008 04:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #22
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
Not really.

I have dealt with some decent people at the location. The mechanic thats been there for a while is a real nice guy, and a few of the people out front were.

I understand its a business, and they are out to make money, that is fine. I just feel like i was geting screwed really hard, and it took forever to get someone to agree to doing the used motor. It just seems they could of still made good money with the 7500 on the rebuild but wouldnt do that.
Based on their actions, they aren't "decent" people. They are f%cking thieves. If it is just one rotten apple, the decent guys will be OK. I would wager the others knew at some level what was being done.

You should pass on who they are so others won't get screwed by them.

In my book, they might as well have broken into your house and stole from you, the fact that you ended up with zero out of pocket eventually just proves that they are incompetent thieves, because they DID try to screw you (steal from you).
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #23
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Insurance fraud just gets passed down to us in the end in higher premiums. At least let the insurance company know what they are up to. Really surprised the insurance company didn't total the bike out for the price of the engine rebuild!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterchild2 View Post
Insurance fraud just gets passed down to us in the end in higher premiums. At least let the insurance company know what they are up to. Really surprised the insurance company didn't total the bike out for the price of the engine rebuild!
Its an extended warranty, and they did the max payout. 7,5**. So yes basically it was totalled. My plan can now have no future claims, and i believe that includes roadside assistance. Not looking to bash them online anyone thats been around has probably already read threads, and knows to stay away. More interested in what you guys think about informing the insurance company about the matter.

Last edited by green600; 01-02-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #25
J.J. McQuade
DORC MEMBER

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Quote:
Its an extended warranty, and they did the max payout. 7,5**. So yes basically it was totalled. My plan can now have no future claims, and i believe that includes roadside assistance. Not looking to bash them online anyone thats been around has probably already read threads, and knows to stay away. More interested in what you guys think about informing the insurance company about the matter.
Just inform your insurance company that you have suspicions that the shop may have engaged in unethical practices. Like I said before, we all pay for insurance fraud! So do the right thing and inform them.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #26
DAT GUY

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
95 Sportster 1200

Have you at least talked to the shop about what they are up to? Sounds like a shop I wouldn't want to be associated with.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #27
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Based on their actions, they aren't "decent" people. They are f%cking thieves. If it is just one rotten apple, the decent guys will be OK. I would wager the others knew at some level what was being done.
c
I got a feeling the main mechanic knew what was up, and agreed it was B/S without out right saying it to me. Nice guy, and one reason i have hesitation saying anything to the insurance company. He had no control over the situation. He has been helpfull many times when i used to take my bike in for service, and would explain stuff to a newb. Im just not sure if its worth it to possibly screw them back when you got good guys that might end up suffering due to others business ethics.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #28
jimmy the gent
wich u gon do?

If they are willing to scam insurance then they are capable of scamming customers. Those who tolerate corruption are just as bad as those who perpetrate it. Do the honorable thing.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #29
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT GUY View Post
Have you at least talked to the shop about what they are up to? Sounds like a shop I wouldn't want to be associated with.
Ive made more phone calls to them then I cared to. Done with talking with them and just happy my bike is out of their shop. Should of looked the bike over better before leaving once home i reliezed the cotter pin in the castle nut on the rear axle was not there and the nut was handtight. Felt like a dumbass once i saw that and will be more thorough looking my bike over when leaving a shop next time i go in.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #30
DAT GUY

Bike(s):
95 Sportster 1200

Quote:
Ive made more phone calls to them then I cared to. Done with talking with them and just happy my bike is out of their shop. Should of looked the bike over better before leaving once home i reliezed the cotter pin in the castle nut on the rear axle was not there and the nut was handtight. Felt like a dumbass once i saw that and will be more thorough looking my bike over when leaving a shop next time i go in.
Sounds like a great shop.

You are a Great guy for not letting us know what shop to NOT support
Old 01-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #31
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

They are everyone by doing this. That is exactly what makes insurance so high. Every claim is a by someone. It's gotta be checked as often as possible.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #32
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Some bullshit there....dirty thieves.....

First they rape people with their ridiculous labor rates...then they try and screw you out of money...
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #33
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT GUY View Post
Youu are a Great guy for not letting us know what shop to NOT support
Ouch.....once i talk to person in charge of claims i will spill the beans if it is indeed what it looks like.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #34
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
If they are willing to scam insurance then they are capable of scamming customers. Those who tolerate corruption are just as bad as those who perpetrate it. Do the honorable thing.
Well said.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #35
dinosaur
Retired in place

Bike(s):
'05 Zx6-R (636)Sold

It is fraud! Do the right thing! It might be one of us next time!
CMRA #414
Old 01-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #36
DAT GUY

Bike(s):
95 Sportster 1200

Quote:
Ouch.....once i talk to person in charge of claims i will spill the beans if it is indeed what it looks like.
I'm sure all of MH would appreciate that. Hopefully it is not what it appears to be with the scamming.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #37
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

let the insurance company know. you do not need a lawyer, the insurance company has folks who take care of things like this...
Old 01-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #38
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Member Garage

those prices quoted in the original post are re--diculous!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #39
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
let the insurance company know. you do not need a lawyer, the insurance company has folks who take care of things like this...
Im aware. Not trying to get anything out of this thats not my style. I didnt let them screw me even though they tried and tried. Just trying to see what everyone thought about reporting them. Looks like i will tell the insurance claim handler whats taken place.

One thing i can say i learned out of this is Cornerstone extended warraty company is great, and have been wonderfull to work with. Way more helpfull then anyone at the dealership has been. Ive always been skeptical of extended warrantys and this was the first one i ever purchased, and well worth every penny. I would buy one again when i pick up my next bike from a different dealership. They never tried to give me the run around and phone support was amazing good people.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #40
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squanto84 View Post
those prices quoted in the original post are re--diculous!
Yeah sorry there was a typo.

They wanted 3,500 from me and insurance was paying 7,500 0maximum amount. They were nice enough to drop it down a thousand on my end just to be nice. So grand total of 10,000 after the thousand dollar customer loyalty discount.
Closed Thread

Advertisement