MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #61
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I'm not saying that at all. Who is "us"? I'm just saying there is possibly a benefit of more business. Don't the organizations have total control over class size? If there's more demand maybe they can offer more track days.
Forgot to ask, them what ARE you saying? Seemed you were trying to push to have DPS as a positive for the off chance that a judge happens to approve it as a way of dismissing a ticket. I'd rather that not be risked over DPS coming in and possibly over-stepping boundaries. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But without them before, we were pretty much not worried a single bit about it.

HALFFAST GROUP
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Austin's F1 Track Approved by City Council exalted512 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 07-04-2011 07:12 PM
Racer X approved!! txferrari Off Topic 20 09-24-2009 10:16 AM
It's Approved! 25% off when you buy from K's thetank K's Motorsports 16 09-17-2009 09:38 AM
CE approved socplay50 Safety Corner Main 2 04-04-2007 05:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #62
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Should be left optional for a school, not something the HAVE to do.
I don't have an opinion on whether or not track day organizations should be certified. I was just posting some info that quite a few folks didn't have a clue about, namely, that one could get a ticket dismissed by doing a track day. Do we want more or fewer riders doing track days?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #63
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Forgot to ask, them what ARE you saying? Seemed you were trying to push to have DPS as a positive for the off chance that a judge happens to approve it as a way of dismissing a ticket. I'd rather that not be risked over DPS coming in and possibly over-stepping boundaries. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But without them before, we were pretty much not worried a single bit about it.
Uh, if a judge allows one to take DD to dismiss a ticket then a track day IS an option.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #64
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
I know it caused some drama. What are all the other hiccups it caused?
No so many thus far. Other than every single instructor having to pay $44 for finger printing and become certified based on a clean criminal background and NOT on whether they can ride a motorcycle or teach worth a .

It's what the future may hold.

Willlt he DPS investigate crashes at said schools? Will the DPS begin to charge for certification renewals. Will the DPS begin to be on site during track days checking things like licenses, insurance, registrations? Will the DPS determine that track riding is unsafe and ban it, like three wheelers?

Bottomline, who in their right mind wants these people at the track?

BTW, those certifications? They expire. Then what? Nobody knows. The only thing known is that they wil be at the mercy of the DPS.

Last edited by cdill35; 01-03-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #65
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Agreed^
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #66
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
I don't have an opinion on whether or not track day organizations should be certified. I was just posting some info that quite a few folks didn't have a clue about, namely, that one could get a ticket dismissed by doing a track day. Do we want more or fewer riders doing track days?
Oh come on, you are a master troll, and from your previous comment on "drama" on this topic, you knew the potential.

Now, again I'll tell you, I, more than a lot of people want nothing more than for a noob to hit the track, but unless they are actually interested, they are not going to do it. Simple.

Might push one or two guys here and there, that is if the judge approves it first. Seems a lot to chance for only one constant, government oversight where no one really wanted it or needed it.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #67
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
No so many thus far. Other than every single instructor having to pat $44 for finger printing and become certified based on a clean criminal background and NOT on whether they can ride a motorcycle or teach worth a .

It's what the future may hold.

Willlt he DPS investigate crashes at said schools? Will the DPS begin to charge for certification renewals. Will the DPS begin to be on site during track days checking things like licenses, insurance, registrations? Will the DPS determine that track riding is unsafe and ban it, like three wheelers?

Bottomline, who in their right mind wants these people at the track?

BTW, those certifications? They expire. Then what?
I guess you'd have to ask MSF organizations those questions as they are DPS certified and offer ticket dismissal as well. CMRA is not affected is it?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #68
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Oh come on, you are a master troll, and from your previous comment on "drama" on this topic, you knew the potential.

Now, again I'll tell you, I, more than a lot of people want nothing more than for a noob to hit the track, but unless they are actually interested, they are not going to do it. Simple.

Might push one or two guys here and there, that is if the judge approves it first. Seems a lot to chance for only one constant, government oversight where no one really wanted it or needed it.
I can phone you if you're available.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #69
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
I can phone you if you're available.
Go

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #70
NewRider

Bike(s):

Ahead

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 01-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #71
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
I guess you'd have to ask MSF organizations those questions as they are DPS certified and offer ticket dismissal as well. CMRA is not affected is it?
My understanding is that the CMRA school teaches policies and procedures so it is exempt because it doesn't teach riding skills that apply to the street. Furthermore, except for the first event and one in OK., the CMRA "sub contracts" it's practices to LSTD who is certified and has certified instructors.

Anyway, I'm not here for the drama. Just wanted to voice my opinion that anyone who believes that gubment oversight and involvement is a good thing at track days is a fool. And those who help the gubment monitor this stuff can't really love the freedom the track brings us.

Last edited by cdill35; 01-03-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #72
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

I think DPS being involved with and having "oversight" of trackdays and track day organizations is right up there with lots of other things that the government knows nothing about and has no business being involved with...
as to ticket dismisal, that is another scam....most folks who get tickets do not get them because they did not know how to ride, or did not know what the law was, ,they got them because they chose to ignore the rules and "enjoy" their ride...
trackdays or MSF will not cure that....speeding tickets do NOT protect the safety of the public, they put money in the bank for government agencies... it is all about the dollar... if you want to actually protect the safety of the public, take the license and bike away when an gets selfish and puts his pleasure above the safety of the public...if i want to PLAY, i go to the track, if I want to get from point A to point B, I use the public roads.
trackdays should not come under DPS or any other transportation authority... they are private activities on private owned land and do not involve the public or transportation on public land/roads.
I do not see any way DPS involvement can help trackdays or trackday orgs or us the rider/student. DPS can not improve my safety on trackdays, they can not increase my enjoyment on trackdays, all they can do is restrict activities and drive the cost up.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #73
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
I think DPS being involved with and having "oversight" of trackdays and track day organizations is right up there with lots of other things that the government knows nothing about and has no business being involved with...
as to ticket dismisal, that is another scam....most folks who get tickets do not get them because they did not know how to ride, or did not know what the law was, ,they got them because they chose to ignore the rules and "enjoy" their ride...
trackdays or MSF will not cure that....speeding tickets do NOT protect the safety of the public, they put money in the bank for government agencies... it is all about the dollar... if you want to actually protect the safety of the public, take the license and bike away when an gets selfish and puts his pleasure above the safety of the public...if i want to PLAY, i go to the track, if I want to get from point A to point B, I use the public roads.
trackdays should not come under DPS or any other transportation authority... they are private activities on private owned land and do not involve the public or transportation on public land/roads.
I do not see any way DPS involvement can help trackdays or trackday orgs or us the rider/student. DPS can not improve my safety on trackdays, they can not increase my enjoyment on trackdays, all they can do is restrict activities and drive the cost up.
Should DD be abolished for ticket dismissal?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #74
tamucc2004

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
06 636, 06 DRZ400SM, 03 YZ 450 Motard, 07 Kawi Mean Streak, 08 Honda 50

So Whoopie decided all the sudden he didnt want to do GSS track days? Considering he did lots of them before all this bs?

Oh and one more affect of this bs is track time. As in every time someone goes down if they org has to fill out a DPS report or if DPS wants to investigate the "wreck" just less and less track time we get to ride.

CMRA Novice #484
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #75
tamucc2004

Bike(s):

Quote:
I think speeding tickets should be abolished

CMRA Novice #484
Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #76
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamucc2004 View Post
So Whoopie decided all the sudden he didnt want to do GSS track days? Considering he did lots of them before all this bs?
He's DPS certified so I don't know why he's no longer at GSS
Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #77
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamucc2004 View Post

Oh and one more affect of this bs is track time. As in every time someone goes down if they org has to fill out a DPS report or if DPS wants to investigate the "wreck" just less and less track time we get to ride.
Whoopies involvement with GSS has nothing to do with any of this.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #78
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
that is a whole 'nuther subject. It would first need to be determined what the purpose of speeding tickets is, then determine if issuing those tickets has accomplished the goal. Once the real goal of issuing speeding tickets is determined/admitted, then if the goal has been accomplished, continue on as is... if the goal has not been accomplished, then review the means used to reach that goal.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #79
tamucc2004

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Whoopies involvement with GSS has nothing to do with any of this.
Sure it does. I was just curious as if the track orgs have to get a individual certificate to every track? And that if due to having to get this certification did he decide to not continue to go out there or was there other reasons.

Whoop used to do lots of GSS days. Now with orgs having miltiple certs he does not have one for one of the 2 tracks he used to hold days at. Which happened to be alot of fun. Not trying to start just asking ???

CMRA Novice #484
Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #80
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
that is a whole 'nuther subject. It would first need to be determined what the purpose of speeding tickets is, then determine if issuing those tickets has accomplished the goal. Once the real goal of issuing speeding tickets is determined/admitted, then if the goal has been accomplished, continue on as is... if the goal has not been accomplished, then review the means used to reach that goal.
Well you know the answer to this:
Have you ever had a speeding ticket while operating any vehicle that was dismissed by taking DD?
Closed Thread

Advertisement