MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 11:08 PM   #21
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

steve O, if you knew poptarts history he's had more then ample help from his parents and blown most of them.

what was it $30k? $40k, $50k in inheritance from your grandma, blown on the "barney" car ('03 or '04 ?? 350Z), only to have your dad sell the car for $10k, and not running???

IMO, stay away from bikes, your not mature enough. it's not a bad thing, i was immature at your age as well , poptarts.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good big brother/Evil big brother: You decide Coolhandsluke General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-18-2014 04:00 AM
Help a Brother out psychomedicHFD Off Topic 11 06-27-2013 05:52 PM
my brother went down : ( hotcknstrips General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 10-26-2011 02:40 AM
Dying man calls brother... the brother then calls... elephant head Off Topic 2 03-03-2009 10:37 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2007, 11:34 PM   #22
Poptarts
Ducking and Weaving

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
steve O, if you knew poptarts history he's had more then ample help from his parents and blown most of them.

what was it $30k? $40k, $50k in inheritance from your grandma, blown on the "barney" car ('03 or '04 ?? 350Z), only to have your dad sell the car for $10k, and not running???

IMO, stay away from bikes, your not mature enough. it's not a bad thing, i was immature at your age as well , poptarts.
yup youre close and details dont really matter. i cant say that have "more than ample help" from my parents, but i can say that they have helped me get my feet under me after putting me out on my own. They taught me alof the stuff i have now utilized to live on my own.

For those wondering, the bike would be staying up here at school in lubbock (1 major highway and a half loop around the city). Theres not a sole up here that's interested in group riding. Thus making me want to prove something to someone eles wouldnt be true. Im sure is the mindset yall are imagining for me. Ive already gotten in an accident cuz i thought i had something to prove and learned from it. To me, riding a motorcycle isn't about who you impress but the fun you have on it while being safe and alert of others around you.

I still haven't made a descision on what i'm gonna do yet. Thank you for all the advice.

Last edited by Poptarts; 02-19-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Poptarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #23
AWD
Cruise'n

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
buy my bike so I can get a VRSC nightrod.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:53 AM   #24
AWD
Cruise'n

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Question is, HAVE you really learned from your past Brandon? You were pretty dumb when you had the bike...
Old 02-20-2007, 01:59 PM   #25
Poptarts
Ducking and Weaving

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
Question is, HAVE you really learned from your past Brandon? You were pretty dumb when you had the bike...
yeah i know. i was talking to tony about this last night for a good 30 minutes at least. i realized that driving in houston, for me at least, gave me alot of peer pressure instead of just chilling and cruising on a nice sunday afternoon. After i brought the bike up to here lubbock, my whole riding demearnor changed. I realized without that peer pressure what riding my bike was really about. I talked to my mom about this earlier today and she said she doesnt haven't a problem with me getting another bike to keep up here at school as far as riding goes. She just doesn't wanting me spending the money on one right now, since i already have a car as a daily driver.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:32 PM   #26
AWD
Cruise'n

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptarts
yeah i know. i was talking to tony about this last night for a good 30 minutes at least. i realized that driving in houston, for me at least, gave me alot of peer pressure instead of just chilling and cruising on a nice sunday afternoon. After i brought the bike up to here lubbock, my whole riding demearnor changed. I realized without that peer pressure what riding my bike was really about. I talked to my mom about this earlier today and she said she doesnt haven't a problem with me getting another bike to keep up here at school as far as riding goes. She just doesn't wanting me spending the money on one right now, since i already have a car as a daily driver.

Fk it. Buy my bike.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #27
Poptarts
Ducking and Weaving

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
Fk it. Buy my bike.
you and wally . its like yall got the bike cuz you saw mine and though hey i could get one too and now i bet you barely ever ride it.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:24 AM   #28
AWD
Cruise'n

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptarts
you and wally . its like yall got the bike cuz you saw mine and though hey i could get one too and now i bet you barely ever ride it.
Thats wally, not me. lol Weather has either been cold or wet as of late. That and I keep the bike at my dads rather than pay for a garage at the complex just for that. Got about 4K on it. Walls has like..2300...lol He sent me a pic the other day of it. He keeps his at his folks place too, but his mom started useing it as a towel rack :lol: I just want to go for a nightrod, cuz all I do is cruise around.

Advertisement