Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

2012 Yamaha Raider S
Specialized Roubaix

I agree with what everybody has had to say. I never said that I was not learning anything. There were definitely techniques that I will continue to use and fine tune. Just did not need two full days on this to pass this test. I am glad that I have it over with now and an move on from here. Thanks guys for all the input and attitude adjustment. Remember to keep the rubber side down. Happy New Year!
haynesc78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to take motorcycle safety course.. need help Crash Jackson General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 01-23-2013 12:56 PM
motorcycle safety course derekvercher General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 04-21-2011 06:24 PM
motorcycle safety course jb8223 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 04-18-2011 06:34 AM
Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #22

Experience: 1 year

2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

I think I will take the advanced course this spring. Likely I will learn something very important.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly...
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #23

Experience: 5 years

2010 BMW F800 ST
YZ250 (sold)
BMW E30 Race Car
LeMons Race Car (burned)

The MSF I attended was entertaining to say the least. The three guys sitting at my table all had gone out and bought used Harley's..they all three had also never been on a motorcycle before. (...and it showed in their skills).

We had one woman that dropped the bike nearly everytime she came to a stop. She didn't make it to the second day.

We had one guy that could have won an award, if they gave one for the slowest driver on the course. They made this guy do everything separate from everyoone else...that's how slow he was. Actually slow is an understatement.

Second day one guy got hauled off in an ambulance....lost control and ran out into the parking lot doing a very nice high side flip at the end. He didn't pass.

Then we had a couple of the "wheelie in the straight" kind of guys who still managed to pass. A "know it all" who couldn't seem to figure out clutch control.....said it was because it was a stange bike!

So I basically just sat back and watched the show! Very entertaining!
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen
Soldaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #24
J.J. McQuade

Experience: 4 years

2008 Ducati Multi-Strada 1100S
1993 Ducati 900SS (Designated Sweeper)
Acura NSX-T Type R

Member Garage

Took it at Spring Branch CC 4 years ago and the newbies like myself got to ride 150CC bikes and the "pros" got to ride the 250's. It was worth $170 to learn some saftey rules and to bi-pass the riding test at the DMV. There was a cocky little that claims he has been riding for 5 years and couldn't negotiate the S-curves and failed!
J.J. McQuade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:42 PM   #25
Think Fast

Experience: 3 years

Suzuki GS500 2002

Yeah, I didn't learn anything, but I challenged myself as much as possible. Yeah they had to tell me to take it easy, but told me I really looked like I knew what I was doing.

Actually I did learn how to catch air off a 2x2 piece of wood.

I took the course a week after I bought my bike, and I still found it nearly useless, though the course took people who had never ridden and by the end they were keeping up with everyone else and that is what was most important.
And I'm saying nothing in the past or future ever will feel like today

Until I'm parking in an ally just hoping that my is safe.
xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
Feedback Rating: (1)

2008 Ninja EX650R
2005 Yamaha YZ250F

Been about a year since I started riding on the street, still don't have my M endorsement
There goes Jim on his Kawi with a curb monkey hanging off of him like a lemur.
sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #27
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Originally Posted by sullivan View Post
Been about a year since I started riding on the street, still don't have my M endorsement
I went 3 years before i finally broke down and took it.
JoshSigpic zps240ea710
j_e_hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #28

2000 R1

So you're a veteran street motorcycle rider who has never possessed a motorcycle endorsement?
Fugazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #29

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Never took the MSF.
Took the DMV test in NC.....on a sumo.
Testing officer was amused after the initial "been riding for years without the endorsement".
Just me and her and she passed me less than half way through the exam.
Told me to stop and go inside. I thought she had failed me.
I would stop and trails bike, not putting my feet on the ground.

thats been many years ago.
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote