MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #41
Morphish
Fast for a Commuter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki Katana B12
2005 Triumph Rocket ]I[
1983 Honda GL1100 (sold)

Can this be done at an airstrip? Probably the best venue.

Last edited by Morphish; 12-27-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Morphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S1000rr vs ZX10R super thrash....(vids) ZXALAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 05-28-2014 10:14 PM
K9 vs S1000RR sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 12-21-2012 11:20 PM
S1000RR Stunt Joshua42007 Stunters Lounge 14 03-27-2012 10:58 PM
s1000rr's Father morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 04-29-2011 06:50 PM
S1000RR on Ice Bluestreak06 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-20-2010 10:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #42
stevenuhh
SE Asian #2

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
08 Ninja 250r Sold
2011 zx10r abs

i might be down for the zx10 group depending on the details and if theres an opening... if not ill chase with a go pro

Last edited by stevenuhh; 12-27-2012 at 11:02 AM.
stevenuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #43
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
And because nobody was injured last time, that guarantees the safety of the participants and spectators this time?

I'm surprised that you, Sunday, can't see the lack of wisdom in promoting a street racing event on MH. How can you fail to see the downside for MH and the community if something goes wrong at an event you have organized and promoted on MH. This has the potential to be bad for you, bad for MH, and bad for the community.
Curt, i appreciate your concerns and respect your opinion but like i mentioned before, this is a testing event! Plus we all have done roll ons on public hwys in the past, specially when we first got our bikes, have you heard of anyone getting hurt by doing a 2nd gear roll on? if you can say that you have never done it before then i will respect even more your concerns! We have only ridden once and from that first impression it looked like you were more concerned about chasing Carlos than for the safety of the other riders, but hey we got lucky and nothing happened right.....

If i am always thinking about the negatives of things before doing it, i would have never purchased a bike to start with, maybe thats why i havent signed up for a track day yet too many things can go wrong, most of my riding buddies have gone down at the track than on the street, but thats another story. I do want to emphasize in safety here and that is why we have a list of experienced riders as opposed to just let anybody get on the testing board.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #44
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphish View Post
Can this be done at an airstrip? Probably the best venue.
I think ModernDiesel is in the process of doing that, hope he can update us when he gets some footage of his findings.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #45
maxgs

Member Garage

You can't see the difference between a spirited ride with friends and a racing event promoted on a public forum conducted "so we can put Houston on the map when people search for videos on YouTube"?

Sunday Rider: "We already know which bike is faster and who is the fastest rider on the list, what we want to prove is that we can do this "safely" without getting anybody hurt in the process and put Houston in the map when people search for literbike comparisons on youtube "

It's only a matter of time before another person is added to the list of YankeeR6, Pigpen, and CoachDave. Does somebody really need to die during one of your SMR's or "street tests" for you to get it?

Enough said.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #46
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Good luck. I just pray no one is hurt or in jail. I won't be part of this exhibition. Please PM me the location, so, I can make it a point to route my ride away from there. Please
Old 12-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #47
Racerxxx
CMRA #92

Somebody has their panties in a wad.
Racerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #48
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Good luck. I just pray no one is hurt or in jail. I won't be part of this exhibition. Please PM me the location, so, I can make it a point to route my ride away from there. Please
You wont be part of the exhibition because a new ZX636 can give your GIXXER 1k grief.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #49
BADASSVMAX

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
16 R1
09 VMAX
05 R6 sold
04 warrior sold
03 interceptor sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerxxx View Post
Somebody has their panties in a wad.
+1
BADASSVMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #50
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
1) You can't see the difference between a spirited ride with friends and a racing event promoted on a public forum conducted "so we can put Houston on the map when people search for videos on YouTube"?

2) Sunday Rider: "We already know which bike is faster and who is the fastest rider on the list, what we want to prove is that we can do this "safely" without getting anybody hurt in the process and put Houston in the map when people search for literbike comparisons on youtube "

3) It's only a matter of time before another person is added to the list of YankeeR6, Pigpen, and CoachDave. Does somebody really need to die during one of your SMR's or "street tests" for you to get it?

Enough said.
1) I can see the difference Curt, what you cant see is that what you call a "spirited" ride is very relative to each person's interpretation, in other words... your spirited pace might be super fast to others, or the way around. Now why is it that when "You" do it, then it's ok and safe, and if "We" do it.......then is always "oh people are going to die"? Now going back to my previous questions that have not been answered..... Have you ever done a roll on race with any of your riding buddies on the street before? Have you seen anyone get hurt.... or as you insinuated "died" from doing a few 2nd gear roll ons? If you are guilty on the first answer, then why was it safe then and not now?

2) Meaning this is not an actual race, is more like a testing.... just like your "spirited ride with friends"..... this event is a "spirited testing with friends", we are just doing it for fun, no prizes to be won..... and in all honesty, this testing event will be less dangerous than your so called "spirited" ride by far.......

3) Let me start by saying that we have met before when you came to our SMR, me and the others welcomed you to join us and treated you like our friend.... I am a very straight forward person and very real in that aspect, if I like you in person, i like you online as well, what is surprising to me is that after the SMR you commented that "we" as a group know what we were doing and that we rode our bikes like it was supposed to..... what has changed since then? We have been doing the SMRs the same way for the past 5 years and never had anybody die on our rides, why such a negative propaganda directed to our SMRs? and why go so far as insinuating that eventually someone in our group will die? Going back to the SMR you attended a few years ago.... if you had a problem with our pace or the way we do our rides why didnt you mentioned anything to me or Carlos at the gas station where we all stopped for water? you could have simply said hey Carlos or hey Frank, i do not agree with what you guys are doing because i see people will die from your rides in the near future..... Not a word was said Curt! What i dont get is..... Why was it ok when "You" rode with us and why is it a death wish now?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #51
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
You wont be part of the exhibition because a new ZX636 can give your GIXXER 1k grief.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #52
SupaHawk

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 CBR1000RR SP
'08 zx6(sold)
01 750gixxer(sold)
08 CBR1000RR
06 Honda CBR1000RR

I'm in to watch ! And good times..
SupaHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #53
maxgs

Member Garage

I am being critical of promoting racing activities on the street. I haven't said word one about people who choose to ride at a spirited pace. It's using MH for the promotion of these events like your SMRs and this latest street race that is going to eventually cause problems for MH and the community.

There are many people on MH that know exactly what I am talking about. It's only a matter of time before you promote one of your events and somebody who has less luck or experience ends up dead.

Just think it through is all I am asking. Keep the street racing activities to PMs. It's smart. It's prudent.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #54
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

That's some funny shid

Yeah ! Everyone and everyone's bike is faster No problem admitting that.
Now where's the PM
Old 12-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #55
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

If its via pm. It's going to be difficult to get spectators. People have to witness the bad assery going down.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #56
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

What gets me is why someone has to chime in for something they don't want a part of. If you have a problem with it then don't read the thread and or comment on it with your opinion. If you want to "convince" people that something of this nature is bad then start your own thread. This is no more dangerous that getting onto I-45 or I-10 in normal traffic. I trust Frank to do his best to ensure that the riders involved are experienced enough to handle this situation, and to only involve capable people to assist. Like he said, this isn't just a "Hey, anyone with a litre bike get out here and see what you can do." As far as "fast" street rides are concerned they are all dangerous, which is the #1 reason I don't do them with the exception of the occasional SMR. I have nothing to prove on the street, that's why I have a CMRA license and a race bike.

AXO, P1 Racing/SCRC, Fastline MCS,Vapor Sense, Suomy, HookIt
CMRA #510
EMTAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #57
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Maybe u need one of those to keep up on my moderate pace rides. Cause u r slow as on the bigger bikes.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #58
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

Quote:
I am being critical of promoting racing activities on the street. I haven't said word one about people who choose to ride at a spirited pace. It's using MH for the promotion of these events like your SMRs and this latest street race that is going to eventually cause problems for MH and the community.

There are many people on MH that know exactly what I am talking about. It's only a matter of time before you promote one of your events and somebody who has less luck or experience ends up dead.

Just think it through is all I am asking. Keep the street racing activities to PMs. It's smart. It's prudent.
Not a race. Not racing. Racing is on the track.

I'm pretty sure it says TESTING, but not racing.

AXO, P1 Racing/SCRC, Fastline MCS,Vapor Sense, Suomy, HookIt
CMRA #510
EMTAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #59
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Testing. Not racing

Oh ok. Sorry I misunderstood. Testing is safer. I am in. I will be there to see the testing. Now PM me the location. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #60
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
What i dont get is..... Why was it ok when "You" rode with us and why is it a death wish now?
maybe 'cause he has a GSXR ?!

you know how all the GSXR guys are all about "Racing".. are they not?

why you have to go in there and post names of people not longer with us.. where has the respect and the RIP wishes gone to ?
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement