MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #21
fly_737

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 r6

ya think they know it is easy money they have a quotea(sp) to make
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any S/E siders want to ride to Motorcycles Unlimited JOEBUSA Events, Meets and Rides 23 10-23-2008 11:31 AM
Ride up to Motorcycles Unlimited for basic class 6/21 texlurch Events, Meets and Rides 10 06-22-2008 05:50 PM
Motorcycles Unlimited to Clearlake ride tonight PSUGSXR Events, Meets and Rides 8 08-08-2007 05:55 PM
Ride Today ? Clear Lake Area to Motorcycles Unlimited kraelo Events, Meets and Rides 50 08-04-2007 03:29 PM
6/23 Ride from SE to Motorcycles Unlimited wever411 Events, Meets and Rides 27 06-24-2007 10:23 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2007, 12:58 AM   #22
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctem
I WILL NEVER RIDE UP IN THAT AREA AGAIN. NEVER. F!@# THE FOREST. AND TO ALL THOSE THAT DO, BUY A FREAKIN RADAR DETECTOR OR HONE YOUR RIDING/RUNNING SKILLS.
You probably weren't thinking this 2 minutes prior to the first run in with Mr. Piggy as you were dragging your fingertips on the pavement through that left handed sweeper:laughing6 That has got to be one my favorite new roads in this area now I think that would have been a much better cruise if it were done in the week instead of the weekend.

Almost forget to add the quote of the day,
(this came from a redneck hillbilly driving a butane truck 15 mph below the posted limit)

after we had already been stopped, this guy pulls into the gas station like 5 minutes later and runs up to the cop and says, "Give these three guys speeding tickets, they must have passed by me at 90 mph"

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
If you only knew....
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:41 AM   #23
baliqsR1
blueR1

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 K4(FOR SALE), SV650 (track), Honda CR250R

Send a message via AIM to baliqsR1 Send a message via MSN to baliqsR1 Send a message via Yahoo to baliqsR1
[QUOTE=Zrob25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish
Yep I don't know why he decided to go after Shaun, when we passed the cop it looked like he was chasing down 3 other riders that passed us.[/QUOTE
I was one of the 3! We thought we were done for when we came around the corner at 80 and there he was. Then all of a sudden he was gone. Guess he wanted yall more. No worries! We got our going into Montgomery. Got a ticket for passing a stopped car at the first light out of the forest on the right. Then the lady cop said she was sorry for ruining our day! Just wrong

is it the same cop i told yall abt at the Texaco???
baliqsR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:32 AM   #24
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

That's why I like to ride up there during the week.

They are OUT on weekends.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #25
Nox

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
You probably weren't thinking this 2 minutes prior to the first run in with Mr. Piggy as you were dragging your fingertips on the pavement through that left handed sweeper:laughing6 That has got to be one my favorite new roads in this area now I think that would have been a much better cruise if it were done in the week instead of the weekend.

Almost forget to add the quote of the day,
(this came from a redneck hillbilly driving a butane truck 15 mph below the posted limit)

after we had already been stopped, this guy pulls into the gas station like 5 minutes later and runs up to the cop and says, "Give these three guys speeding tickets, they must have passed by me at 90 mph"

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
If you only knew....

no i wasnt, but i did have a bad feeling leaving the house yesterday morning. i figured if something bad was gonna happen its gonna happen. so i tried to make it a good one. i will listen to my feelings next time for sure. :BangHead:

stupid rednecks...

Im not Ben Spies, but Im from Texas. And I ride a Yamaha.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #26
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctem
no i wasnt, but i did have a bad feeling leaving the house yesterday morning. i figured if something bad was gonna happen its gonna happen. so i tried to make it a good one. i will listen to my feelings next time for sure. :BangHead:

stupid rednecks...
Well......it could have been worse. I was fixing to start calling and making arrangements to get you out of jail when I looked up and he had you on the car patting you down
We better start staying on the other routes
Old 02-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #27
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
I had a great ride. Sucks that you boys got tickets.
i've been pretty lucky around those areas, but it's gotten ridiculous in the forest. Even the HD/Cruiser guys have been getting cited left and right. I think if you use a little common sense, you can still do some good riding as long as you know when to behave.

-Tom
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #28
Zrob25

[QUOTE=baliqsR1]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrob25

is it the same cop i told yall abt at the Texaco???
No it was city cops. Ross passed a truck in a no passing zone right in front of the cop. I can understand a ticket for that. But I went around a stopped truck. Nothing unsafe about that! It really bothered me that she apolagized for giving the ticket, but still gave it.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #29
baliqsR1
blueR1

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 K4(FOR SALE), SV650 (track), Honda CR250R

Send a message via AIM to baliqsR1 Send a message via MSN to baliqsR1 Send a message via Yahoo to baliqsR1
[QUOTE=Zrob25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by baliqsR1

No it was city cops. Ross passed a truck in a no passing zone right in front of the cop. I can understand a ticket for that. But I went around a stopped truck. Nothing unsafe about that! It really bothered me that she apolagized for giving the ticket, but still gave it.
that sucks..if she is so sorry for giving a ticket..then y give a ticket in the frist place

i got lucky on 149..the cop on the cruiser was really cool with me...just told me to take it easy
baliqsR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:03 PM   #30
Nox

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
Well......it could have been worse. I was fixing to start calling and making arrangements to get you out of jail when I looked up and he had you on the car patting you down
We better start staying on the other routes

i appreciate that sir. youre right, as much as i hate to admit it, it coulda been worse. yea it sucked to get patted down...again. but ima try to get deffered adjudication. and i wont have to worry about a ticket there cause i know ill NEVER be back up there again.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:11 PM   #31
Knightrider

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider
the cops only got bad on 149 after a cops (i think pct 4 or sherriff) son died up there on his bike...goin around a turn and side swiped an suv. before that it was fine. i havent been up there in awhile. i even heard a rumor that the park ranger has swerved in front of bike and thrown his door open at them.
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #32
Nox

Bike(s):
06 R1
01 FZ1(sold)
96 vmax(sold)
02 sv650 TRACK! (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider
the cops only got bad on 149 after a cops (i think pct 4 or sherriff) son died up there on his bike...goin around a turn and side swiped an suv. before that it was fine. i havent been up there in awhile. i even heard a rumor that the park ranger has swerved in front of bike and thrown his door open at them.

as vindictive as cops can be, id not be suprised about that. sucks about the guys death, but does that mean we all have to pay for one guys mistake? i guess it does.

Advertisement