Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Praetorian

Feedback Rating: (0)

Exclamation 2010 r1 clutch

Hey guys, just joined motohouston. Question: I just changed the clutch on my 2010 r1. I purchased the OEM clutch kit. When removing the clutch friction plates and discs, I kept them in the right order so I could install the new ones in the same order, but someone messed with them and they are not in order anymore. I know there is ONE thicker plate that is used, with the rest being the thinner plates. Can someone tell me the specific and CORRECT order of these plates so that I don't mess anything up while riding...? Thanks
Praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clutch plates on R1 KingLeo How To's and Q & A's 3 05-07-2014 05:03 PM
Broke clutch cable on R1 HawkR1 How To's and Q & A's 4 12-17-2012 02:11 PM
my 2010 r1 millerjj General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 02-22-2011 08:53 PM
R1 Clutch cory4408 How To's and Q & A's 2 12-04-2008 11:05 AM
Anyone wanna instal a clutch for a 02 r1 - $$$ badman General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-30-2005 11:45 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
dontbap()ssy

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 R6 (sold)
04 R1 (donated to the track gods)
08 MV Agusta F4 312R (sold)
10 duc 1198

Found this on the R1 forum,

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294981

The Fibre Plates all have a colored marks on them (Blue/purple) on the metal edge of the plate.
You must have that mark lines up across all the plates when you put them in the basket.
The front face of the basket the flat/edge border facing you should have a couple of marks on it.
I have a Euro Spec R1 so if you have a US Spec bike this may differ a little.
There is a Centre Punch mark three of them if i recall and also three marks that look like upside down triangles.

When you install the plates as per order in service manual ensure that all the Clutch Plates have the Round/smooth side facing away from you towards the Motor and the flat rough side facing towards you.
Take a close look at the Clutch plates and you will see that the two faces of the clutch plate are different.
For the Fibre plates they must all be put in with that paint mark lined up with the triangle marks.
The very last Fibre Plate has two green marks... they may be a different color in your case but you will see it has two marks on it.
Line the solid green mark up with the centre punch mark on the front edge of the basket.
So that fibre plate is now one tooth out of phase with all the other fibre plates with the purple/blue mark.
For the Pressure plate on the side that faces you there is a raised section between two of the holes where the compression springs go.
you will see that same raised circle in the basket line those two up.
dontbap()ssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Lucar

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

gotta love MH !
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement