MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #61
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirreal1 View Post
He could have easily been hit and the wound been fatal...or caused him to crash his bike at highway speeds killing him.
Plenty of riders have been killed while NOT running from the cops. The LEO is a life saver
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
off-duty cop shoots combative patient cuong-nutz The Circus 1 09-11-2015 07:32 PM
Cop Shoots Chase Suspect... NewRider Off Topic 23 12-27-2011 11:24 AM
doesn't pay to be stupid. cop shoots dude witchdoctor575 Off Topic 8 06-27-2011 08:15 AM
DEA cop shoots himself j14 Off Topic 21 11-21-2005 09:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #62
ericlw
Banned

User is banned

ericlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #63
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlw View Post
im surprised they accually hit the guy.most cops cant hit the broadside of a barn at 5 feet.
What kind of miscreant shoots at barns, seriously?
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #64
Jredford
Rotsevnieht

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbones View Post
And he was running for a suspended licence as well, not just the ticket. he was going to jail one way or the other, guess he figured why not run...
Other than the fact he could have killed an innocent bystander or been shot, who knows...

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #65
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
Why should we be sensitive to a rider that ignores the law, ignores police officers and ignores the innocent lifes of the people around him? Im glad he got "Detained" before he could cause real damage. I dont know the guy and truthfully I could care less, he is the reason that police officers act this way when they come up to a MC'er. I believe this country is becoming too sensitive nowadays too law breakers. You can literally get away with murder with a slap on the hand these days. Thats why people like this do what they do and aren't afraid of consequences. Now if the cop shot an innocent pedestrian then yes, the cop should receive just as harsh a consequence for his action BUT thats why Peace officers are suppose to be WELL TRAINED and we allow them to be in office and the keepers of our community but thats a responsibility they have to live up to.

Its funny, I work with a middle eastern guy and to listen to his stories, its hilarious. He says that the US laws and punishments are a joke. You steal, you get a little jail time......you rape, you get a little jail time.....you murder, you may get life in prison.....way to considerate. He says that in his home country, you could see a wallet in the bathroom for 3 weeks cause everybody knows if you get caught stealing, you lose your hand or fingers. You get caught raping someone, you get life. You run from the cops you get a whooping and many many years in prison, wether you were just speeding or not, you break the law, the law breaks you.....simple. I bet if the US started implementing this kinda of mindset we would have a lot safer communtiy
Some people do get off easy and feeling that laws should be tougher is understandable but you don't get to make up the rules as you go. Until the law is changed to allow you to chop off someone's arm you have to leave the machete in the garage and you don't get to go around chopping off people's arms.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #66
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirreal1 View Post
Hold on a minute here guys...I can't believe some of the comments I just read here....from totally insensitive to idiotic. We are talking about a young mans life here. He could have easily been hit and the wound been fatal...or caused him to crash his bike at highway speeds killing him.

OK the boy ran BUT he was only speeding...since when are police justified in using Deadly Force to stop a speeder. Heck what if you were speeding and didn't know a cop is chasing or following you? So the cop can call ahead...have his buddies waiting on the roadside to BLAST you as you go by? Heck why not just shoot any speeding bikes as they go by? (with the intent to disable it of course...meanwhile if they kill the rider...OOPS...missed...dammit...sorry) Oh wait..they could make machine guns with a radar detector on top so they could get the speed and shoot without delay. Ridiculous isn't it?

I can't help but wonder if some of you would be making the same comments if the cop had killed the rider?..or if he had been one of your friends or family members? As it happens I met and talked with this young man at a meet a few weeks ago and he was a clean cut decent nice young man and certainly did not deserve to be shot for speeding or a suspended license. No one deserves that !!

I don't condone running and I won't run...even though many do...I agree take the ticket...but I do NOT agree with cops shooting someone for a traffic offense...or even if it was Felony Evasion. As a former cop I can sympathize with the frustration of the police at times but cool heads should prevail. Mature sensible cops won't even chase a bike at high speed...it can only lead to something more serious. Perhaps some of you should take a look at Texas DPS rules on the use of Deadly Force. Fortunately this young mans life was spared in this instance. I hope the boy gets a good lawyer....this was very
wrong !!
Sooooo......

Who is it?

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #67
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

yes, i would be making the same comments if the cop had killed the rider, or if the rider had been my relative...if the rider had been my son and he had gotten killed, i would be sad and mad... sad that it happened and mad at my son for doing stupid that got him killed. being part of my family does not exempt folks from the penalties associated with doing stupid . there is simply NO excuse for running from a cop and putting other folks at risk. it is extremely stupid and extremely selfish...and should not be condoned or smiled at...being a family member or board member does not give special privildge.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #68
FortBendRider

Bike(s):
2001 BMW R1150GS
1999 Kawasaki Concours
2003 Kawasaki Concours

FortBendRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #69
Nirada Jones
Green Lantern

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
07' Kawasaki ZX6-R

Member Garage

you got that right !
Nirada Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #70
DAT GUY

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
95 Sportster 1200

Still don't know how I feel about an officer shooting someone over evading. This isn't the wild west. I wonder how his boss man feels about it, did he get a pat on the back for being a lunatic cowboy style cop or slapped around behind closed doors.

I've pulled over just about every time an officer has turned on his lights and feel what he did was wrong. Not worth getting ran over or dealing with attorney fees/jail time etc. I'm not rich lol.
DAT GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #71
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT GUY View Post
Still don't know how I feel about an officer shooting someone over evading. This isn't the wild west. I wonder how his boss man feels about it, did he get a pat on the back for being a lunatic cowboy style cop or slapped around behind closed doors.

I've pulled over just about every time an officer has turned on his lights and feel what he did was wrong. Not worth getting ran over or dealing with attorney fees/jail time etc. I'm not rich lol.
as opposedd to lunatic, chickenshit coward fuktard that decided he should be riding on a suspended license and hauling putting other people at risk. Odds are his license was suspended because he was too much of a dipshit to be operating a motor vehicle in the first place...
Old 12-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #72
Bigshankhank

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
as opposedd to lunatic, chickenshit coward fuktard that decided he should be riding on a suspended license and hauling putting other people at risk. Odds are his license was suspended because he was too much of a dipshit to be operating a motor vehicle in the first place...
Meh, he'll be eligible for a new license in six months tops. Well, assuming he doesn't have any other outstandings...
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #73
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

ulric has a point, his license was not likely suspended for the occasional speeding ticket...
he is more likely to be the type of that does not really belong on a bike anyway...
Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #74
acjei
aka A.C. Jizzle

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati 848 Evo
04 R6-sold
01 Zx6r-sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorke View Post
My best friend got pulled over 4 years ago, and the cop told him " I was hoping you would run, I wanted to see if I could catch you".
lmfaoooo wow
Old 12-24-2012, 08:40 PM   #75
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Shooting at cars is usually done In an attempt to disable the vehicle. Seems a bit excessive to shoot at a bike stolen or not
I'm sorry dude.. but if a thief got on my bike, and i'm within 50 yards, that is going down with some close grouping.
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:55 AM   #76
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
Why should we be sensitive to a rider that ignores the law, ignores police officers and ignores the innocent lifes of the people around him? Im glad he got "Detained" before he could cause real damage. I dont know the guy and truthfully I could care less, he is the reason that police officers act this way when they come up to a MC'er. I believe this country is becoming too sensitive nowadays too law breakers. You can literally get away with murder with a slap on the hand these days. Thats why people like this do what they do and aren't afraid of consequences. Now if the cop shot an innocent pedestrian then yes, the cop should receive just as harsh a consequence for his action BUT thats why Peace officers are suppose to be WELL TRAINED and we allow them to be in office and the keepers of our community but thats a responsibility they have to live up to.

Its funny, I work with a middle eastern guy and to listen to his stories, its hilarious. He says that the US laws and punishments are a joke. You steal, you get a little jail time......you rape, you get a little jail time.....you murder, you may get life in prison.....way to considerate. He says that in his home country, you could see a wallet in the bathroom for 3 weeks cause everybody knows if you get caught stealing, you lose your hand or fingers. You get caught raping someone, you get life. You run from the cops you get a whooping and many many years in prison, wether you were just speeding or not, you break the law, the law breaks you.....simple. I bet if the US started implementing this kinda of mindset we would have a lot safer communtiy
Maybe you should move there instead.
This is the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Damned be the cowards of this great state.

Until I'm parking in an ally just hoping that my is safe.
xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:20 AM   #77
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

FTP!!!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #78
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
FTP!!!!!

LOL@Frank...!

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #79
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
GT Performer

i had my licence my suspended for not paying a tobacoo ticket. I was charged with felony concealed weapon at 17 and a tobacoo ticket for being a minor in the same traffic stop.... wasn't my car, borrowed to take my girlfriend home, there was a knife under the seat. They didn't care in court.

Point being I had my licence suspended for a tobacoo ticket when I refused to pay it !!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #80
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
LOL@Frank...!